Golf Club Bar

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:43 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Golf Club Bar

Well the golf club bar has CHANGED on Monday!!!

Its now called

GOLF DOURADA

Vanya, Angela and Vera put a bid in to take over the running of the bar, and got the contract.

We are huge fans of Vanya and Angela, whilst waiting to get to know Vera better, so are very happy for that.

There was a rival bid, I dont know the details but it sounded good to me, but as we are fans of our friendly barstaff here we are delighted for them.

Look out for the 'new look', in clothing when you get here...

Jon
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:53 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Its now called

GOLF DOURADA

Vanya, Angela and Vera put a bid in to take over the running of the bar, and got the contract.

We are huge fans of Vanya and Angela, whilst waiting to get to know Vera better, so are very happy for that.

There was a rival bid, I dont know the details but it sounded good to me, but as we are fans of our friendly barstaff here we are delighted for them.

Jon
Hurrrrrrrray !!!!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Its now called

GOLF DOURADA

Jon
Couldn't agree more. I was there last week and it was refreshing to be served by someone with a smile and clearly wanting to provide good service. So much better than the grumpy bloke that used to be there.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Its now called

GOLF DOURADA

Jon
Good luck to them. It could be a great bar. At the moment I have found it to be vastly overpriced in comparison to other club houses and the standard of food below par. And (while I am on a roll) it really needs to extend its opening hours because at the moment the cost of a taxi into Ayamonte generally guarantees value for money and atmosphere which is lacking.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Yes I agree.Certainly in the summer months it could take advantage of the fact that there are no other bars/restaurants on Esuri.

Better food quality and offering,later bar opening,more comfy chairs.

Tony
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tonyp
Yes I agree.Certainly in the summer months it could take advantage of the fact that there are no other bars/restaurants on Esuri.

Better food quality and offering,later bar opening,more comfy chairs.

Tony
Lets hope the new management read this thread.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Lets hope the new management read this thread.
And how about a little book swap corner as well, open all the time?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Its now called

GOLF DOURADA

Jon
Is Vera is the same one who used to work in the Outback ?
Assuming she is ,very friendly young lady & a good person to have behind the bar

Last edited by chrismortley; Jun 3rd 2009 at 10:56 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

esmesgran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yvonne King
And how about a little book swap corner as well, open all the time?
Hi
Yes, I miss the 'Bobs Book Corner' too. Last time I was over I brought several books for the corner, but I wasn't there on the Wednesday. I thought the original idea was ideal and support it being re-instated.
It would definitely be a reason for me to go to the clubhouse, then, maybe I'll stay, buy a drink or a meal.

Helen
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Is Vera is the same one who used to work in the Outback ?
Assuming she is ,very friendly young lady & a good person to have behind the bar
Vera has been working at CE for a while but I do not think she worked at the Outback. I believe the person you thinling of has or is about to open a bar at Isla Canela with her other half
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by guesswork
Vera has been working at CE for a while but I do not think she worked at the Outback. I believe the person you thinling of has or is about to open a bar at Isla Canela with her other half
Yes Vera has opened a bar at Isla Canela. The one that used to be Ja's.
They are serving some English and Portuguese food. Hoping to do barbeques in the summer.Worth going over to try,

Sue
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by guesswork
Hi
I did know Vera & David had taken over the bar/restaurant in IC ,but with the speed in which staff & owners move about & she was living in CE I thought there was a good chance they could be the same person
Chris
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:27 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esmesgran
Hi
Yes, I miss the 'Bobs Book Corner' too. Last time I was over I brought several books for the corner, but I wasn't there on the Wednesday. I thought the original idea was ideal and support it being re-instated.
It would definitely be a reason for me to go to the clubhouse, then, maybe I'll stay, buy a drink or a meal.

Helen
I offered books and he declined (English, German and Dutch).......
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by esmesgran
Hi

Helen
Maybe it would be a good idea if you passed these thoughts on to the ladies who run the book swap as none of them read this thread. Regards Bryony
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jur
I offered books and he declined (English, German and Dutch).......
Whoa there Jur, I think you will find that I didn't decline your offer, I stated that there are plenty of book, but that they only appear to be available on Wednesdays !

My original idea of books being made available to everyone all the time by being left in the Golf Club, was hijacked by no-doubt well meaning Ladies, who unilaterally decided that the idea needed to be 'managed'.

I am not a resident, so can only make my thoughts available through the forum. I don't know if the original concept can be recovered. As Bryony says, the Ladies running the 'club' don't appear to read this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.