Golf Club

Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Golf Club

Thanks Mike, again great info.
I shall have quiet a few friends coming out in the future at various times.It would be nice to know what they would have to pay.Hopefully we can have a beer when the clubhouse opens.We did meet April just gone in the clubhouse car park.You were going out with Chris to collect all the flags that were on the greens.
Regards Harry
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Teed up for the pic of the new gadgets on the driving range.Things are looking up. Got to improve my swing ha ha.Any idea when the front nine will be open??
Best regards Harry.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by harry-jac
Thanks Teed up for the pic of the new gadgets on the driving range.Things are looking up. Got to improve my swing ha ha.Any idea when the front nine will be open??
Best regards Harry.
At the moment some time during October, but will give a more specific date when I can, regards Mike
Old Sep 10th 2014, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Some new golf ball gadgets at the driving range
Right handers! Is there a left handed one as well?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Right handers! Is there a left handed one as well?
Or do I finally have to bite the bullet and become a righty?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 7:40 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
If I understand the word trimester correctly 30c a day not to bad if you go down 3 or 4 days a week. Say Spanish, Chris's class and a beer one evening.
Thanks Mike for the great information you are sharing and the work you are doing to help sort this all out properly.

As per a previous post, does anyone know if 'drop-ins' will be welcome... please?..... or will the GC bar/resto be members only.

I get it that a social member gets 10% off drinks.. but I hope the club will be open to all including non-members. It implies this as there would not be a need for a members discount otherwise.

I dont see it working otherwise as non-golfers will come on holiday for a couple of weeks and not want to pay a members fee... 300 Euros of drinks to 'break even' and pay the trimestre cost is a lot IMO. So even though I am pretty sure its open to all, members or not, I'm just double-checking when asking here.

Assuming it is the case.....

We spend several months a year so we would have to ask if we would spend more than €1100/1200 in drinks in the GC with which the discount becomes worthwhile (Considering also that we would not go solely to any one place.. as we, like most people like to 'get around the place').. But it should be more justifiable in our case. But I suspect we wont go for the member charge and pay for the 'extra' in drinks. It all depends how much they want to push the membership and if they will have say great special members-only events etc.

Also if we were going for social membership, we would not go for the annual one time cost option.... as there is always the 'sceptre' of MF in the background, and who knows what they could do! They don't have a good record here! Better to pay 4x €30 even if that's €10 more than a one-time annual charge, if one wants to be a social member IMO.

Thanks
Jon
Old Sep 10th 2014, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Mike for the great information you are sharing and the work you are doing to help sort this all out properly.

As per a previous post, does anyone know if 'drop-ins' will be welcome... please?..... or will the GC bar/resto be members only.

I get it that a social member gets 10% off drinks.. but I hope the club will be open to all including non-members. It implies this as there would not be a need for a members discount otherwise.

I dont see it working otherwise as non-golfers will come on holiday for a couple of weeks and not want to pay a members fee... 300 Euros of drinks to 'break even' and pay the trimestre cost is a lot IMO. So even though I am pretty sure its open to all, members or not, I'm just double-checking when asking here.

We spend several months a year so we would have to ask if we would spend more than €1100/1200 in drinks in the GC with which the discount becomes worthwhile (Considering also that we would not go solely to any one place.. as we, like most people like to 'get around the place').. But it should be more justifiable in our case. But I suspect we wont go for the member charge and pay for the 'extra' in drinks. It all depends how much they want to push the membership and if they will have say great special members-only events etc.

Also if we were going for social membership, we would not go for the annual one time cost option.... as there is always the 'sceptre' of MF in the background, and who knows what they could do! They don't have a good record here! Better to pay 4x €30 even if that's €10 more than a one-time annual charge, if one wants to be a social member IMO.

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon, to answer your question the Club House will be open to every one but where the restaurant was (I am reliably told) will be a 'members (golf and social) only area' with TV, comfy chairs, newspapers etc, regards Bryony

P.S. Could it be that you mean 'spectre' not 'sceptre' ;-))

Last edited by MikeCol; Sep 10th 2014 at 7:48 am.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Thanks
Jon
I agree that Fadesa is a Spectre but do not think the Queen would hold them in her left hand as a Sceptre!!!

Which ever way you decide I think the bar will still profit when you are in town!

Are you joining the dry October campaign being run in UK?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:10 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, to answer your question the Club House will be open to every one but where the restaurant was (I am reliably told) will be a 'members (golf and social) only area' with TV, comfy chairs, newspapers etc, regards Bryony

P.S. Could it be that you mean 'spectre' not 'sceptre' ;-))
Thanks Bryony... that's good news re the GC.

Oops there's a good typo! I'm watching 'Game of Thrones' latest series on DVD at the moment, and I must have magic on my mind! As some fiction alludes to Magicians and their sceptres.....

There's no magic about MF.....just an ominous spectre!

Jon
Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon,
The golf club is going to need all the revenue it can generate so I think it is inconceivable that it would be members only. I only know of one or two very exclusive clubs in the UK that do not welcome non-members.
I stand to be corrected Mike.
Regards
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:11 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Jon,
The golf club is going to need all the revenue it can generate so I think it is inconceivable that it would be members only. I only know of one or two very exclusive clubs in the UK that do not welcome non-members.
I stand to be corrected Mike.
Regards
Thanks Andy - I agree that members-only would not be a good idea, and I mentioned that I was pretty sure that this wouldn't be the case... but was just checking. Bryony (of Mikecol) has answered that.

It is interesting that there is a members only area, meaning less space for resto activities. I remember before the members area was pretty empty with people preferring to drink at/near the bar. I personally don't need any member areas so if we joined as social members, that wont be a reason. Always willing to lend a hand propping up the bar!

However with both social and golf members, the member-area could be different to what it was at the beginning, with more owners and more sorts of members, people may actually gravitate there..... lets see.

Jon
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:22 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I agree that Fadesa is a Spectre but do not think the Queen would hold them in her left hand as a Sceptre!!!

Which ever way you decide I think the bar will still profit when you are in town!

Are you joining the dry October campaign being run in UK?
Phew thankfully I'm not in the UK in October!

I actually had a dry August where as part of a killer diet I lost 4.4kg in 2 weeks.. then September came and I have more than made up for that, the W+W - weight and the Wine !. No will power. So maybe a dry October will be on the cards after all.

Really looking forward to trying out the GC, this is another piece of great news (with Busses, Internet, possibility of La Cabra etc). It also looks like there is a lot of local consultation going on as well, something lacking with previous 'owners' .. which is a good start.

Game of Thrones has both! The sceptres of the royalty, magic and the ghost-type spectre versions too. I was amused with my typo-error and that people actually read my posts

Jon
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Phew thankfully I'm not in the UK in October!

I actually had a dry August where as part of a killer diet I lost 4.4kg in 2 weeks.. then September came and I have more than made up for that, the W+W - weight and the Wine !. No will power. So maybe a dry October will be on the cards after all.

Really looking forward to trying out the GC, this is another piece of great news (with Busses, Internet, possibility of La Cabra etc). It also looks like there is a lot of local consultation going on as well, something lacking with previous 'owners' .. which is a good start.

Game of Thrones has both! The sceptres of the royalty, magic and the ghost-type spectre versions too. I was amused with my typo-error and that people actually read my posts

Jon
Actually that was the 1st one I had bothered reading all the way through Jon, (as normally they are a bit like novellas) and today I am staying in waiting for a parcel so need to kill time
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:57 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Actually that was the 1st one I had bothered reading all the way through Jon, (as normally they are a bit like novellas) and today I am staying in waiting for a parcel so need to kill time
Wow - feeling grumpy today? I guess having to stay in on a nice day will do that to you. I shall consider myself reprimanded by you!

Notwithstanding, I will continue to post in 'my style' though, and of course people can ignore the posts if they wish. Though I do doubt that this is the first one you have read through. We have had many interactions on the forum over the years.

Your recent posts about the GC - have been really helpful, thanks, so I wont get annoyed!

See you later..

Jon
Old Sep 10th 2014, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wow - feeling grumpy today? I guess having to stay in on a nice day will do that to you. I shall consider myself reprimanded by you!

Notwithstanding, I will continue to post in 'my style' though, and of course people can ignore the posts if they wish. Though I do doubt that this is the first one you have read through. We have had many interactions on the forum over the years.

Your recent posts about the GC - have been really helpful, thanks, so I wont get annoyed!

See you later..

Jon
Did you notice that I ended my post with a wink, I find people usually do that when they are joking so as they say 'chill'
P.S I might be home waiting for a parcel, but it's from M&S so excited not grumpy :-))

Last edited by MikeCol; Sep 10th 2014 at 11:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.