Golf Club

Old Mar 29th 2014, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Ice and a slice Andy?
How did you guess Tony!! Anyway good luck with the new venture and maybe Shirley can knock up some nice tapas to go with the drinks.
Old Mar 30th 2014, 9:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi Jon,

You may well find, the new venue will have a new name?,IE: not Vista Verde?,

Ken.
Hi Ken The new venture I'm referring to is the new owners of the 'golf complex' I have no idea what plans they have and wait with baited breath.

Everyone has been calling the 'ex-Jags' Vista Verde = VV. I thought that was to be the name, and frankly I think its a GREAT name!

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Hi Jon... I Have just been told that the club house is to be closed for up to 6 weeks...http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
As you know I am expecting an extended closure, and even had a bet about it with one of our friends about a month ago! Sadly that means the staff will have to wait for employment contracts. However if that means that the new complex is opened with a new focus and commitment to customer service, great food, drink and ambiance, then I personally feel that it will be worth it in the short/medium term.

We hear that it will reopen in 2-3 days but that surprised me, there are no employment contracts discussed that I know of. And Im not sure that the new owners will divulge their plans to the old manager - that there is considerable friction with.

However the kind of investment needed, means that the new owners would have done a feasibility plan and considered many things before signing the purchase contract(s). So its possible that they will hit the ground running, but I'm not so sure. Just my opinion.

Yesterday the old/current management started stripping out the club, I am quite sick at the moment so haven't gone in.... I heard that the tiles on the inside 'roof' are gone and they are reversing some of the investment they put in. The discussion here is whether they also take out the wall they put in. Seems like there may be a 'clean up' to do before the new people take over. Perhaps the new management were going to do it anyway for a 'new look' so the old management are doing them a favour! :LOL:

Today is Captains Day for the golfers and we hope to pop in and say hello as we have lots of friends there... so will hopefully see the 'end result' this evening - which I hear is the last day for the current management.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 30th 2014 at 9:56 am.
Old Mar 30th 2014, 10:04 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Sounds like an opportunity for some enterprising soul to set up a stall selling the golfers drinks when they come off the course
Maybe everyone will go to VV on the fire path. Which I reckon is about the same distance as the GC from the 18th.... but that means they have to get the permissions to open first. Lets hope that isnt too long now.

JOn
Old Mar 30th 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Kay O ness is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
My God, I have not looked on here or been to Spain in a couple of months and the proverbial has hit the fan again. What the hell happened . The guy who was running the clubhouse whilst a little odd and not a natural at customer relations seemed to have good intentions. Was he on the fiddle/ upset someone? Who now owns it and on what basis will it re-open ( open/ members only)
I joined the residents association years ago and never hear anything from them. Do they still exist , if so what have they to say about things. How can an urbanization the size of Esuri still have no infrastructure/ buses etc .Where does all the EUC money go, I have never seen any accounts or minutes of meetings. The place is a disaster area. Anyone able to reassure me?
Old Mar 30th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kay O ness
Hello
My God, I have not looked on here or been to Spain in a couple of months and the proverbial has hit the fan again. What the hell happened . The guy who was running the clubhouse whilst a little odd and not a natural at customer relations seemed to have good intentions. Was he on the fiddle/ upset someone? Who now owns it and on what basis will it re-open ( open/ members only)
I joined the residents association years ago and never hear anything from them. Do they still exist , if so what have they to say about things. How can an urbanization the size of Esuri still have no infrastructure/ buses etc .Where does all the EUC money go, I have never seen any accounts or minutes of meetings. The place is a disaster area. Anyone able to reassure me?
Old Mar 30th 2014, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 30th 2014, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hello
ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD PLEASE...
Old Mar 30th 2014, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD PLEASE...
Come on Bill we know that the mayor is going to make sure that the €5.7mil Bank Guarentee is going to be spent on the infrastructure of CE just as the BG paperwork said it should be. He even has his officials working out just how it is to be spent. Why with the circa €1mil from the EUC and the BG THEY CAN AFFORD TO PAINT THE TOWN RED and still have some left to fill a few pot holes!
Old Mar 30th 2014, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Are you suggesting that corruption is to blame for the ongoing problems?
Are the residents association / EUC complicit?
Isn't there anyone out there capable of finding out the true situation and tackling it?
Old Mar 30th 2014, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there anyone out there capable of finding out the true situation and tackling it?
I really do think you need to retract your middle line of your last statement
Old Mar 30th 2014, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

It was a question not a statement. Do you speak for the association? If so what is your take on the current situation? What are you doing to get the infrastructure improved? Just what do you do for us tax paying residents?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that CERA has morphed from a pressure group into a social group - it has organised a number of well attended social events - mainly at the Golf Club - over the years. I believe it did try to influence the EUC, but to little effect. Martinsa Fedesa and the Mayor have packed the EUC committee with place men who passed an ordinance stating that even one non-payer in a community was sufficient to disbar that community's president from voting in committee -thereby disenfranchising all the presidents who might have been able to organise some opposition to the power elite at the top. It seems that's the way democracy works in Ayamonte. Everything done, on the face of it, perfectly legally but never to the benefit of the residents/owners/tax payers.
The Mayor (or his deputy who is the EUC president) have met with CERA on a number of occasions and made extravagant promises - none of which have transpired. As Esuri John has said we are now in the run-up to another election so we can expect another round of broken promises. Hopefully, as there are more Spanish owners now and the Mayor's majority is very slim then he will be open to a bit more pressure, but I wouldn't bet on it. In the meantime we have to wait for crumbs from the table.
BTW - like you I joined CERA (and was thrown out of a meeting for attempting to raise an issue) but I am not anywhere near being a committee member and so do not speak with any authority .

PS - despite all this Costa Esuri remains a very nice place to live or stay. It could be better but nevertheless we still love the place.

PPS - by complete coincidence (or divine providence) just as I posted the above I received an invitation to a CERA EGM on 14th Feb. I suggest anyone who is able to attends the meeting to find out first hand what's going on.

Last edited by MikeJ; Mar 31st 2014 at 7:50 am.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:33 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
It seems that CERA has morphed from a pressure group into a social group - it has organised a number of well attended social events - mainly at the Golf Club - over the years. I believe it did try to influence the EUC, but to little effect. Martinsa Fedesa and the Mayor have packed the EUC committee with place men who passed an ordinance stating that even one non-payer in a community was sufficient to disbar that community's president from voting in committee -thereby disenfranchising all the presidents who might have been able to organise some opposition to the power elite at the top. It seems that's the way democracy works in Ayamonte. Everything done, on the face of it, perfectly legally but never to the benefit of the residents/owners/tax payers.
The Mayor (or his deputy who is the EUC president) have met with CERA on a number of occasions and made extravagant promises - none of which have transpired. As Esuri John has said we are now in the run-up to another election so we can expect another round of broken promises. Hopefully, as there are more Spanish owners now and the Mayor's majority is very slim then he will be open to a bit more pressure, but I wouldn't bet on it. In the meantime we have to wait for crumbs from the table.
BTW - like you I joined CERA (and was thrown out of a meeting for attempting to raise an issue) but I am not anywhere near being a committee member and so do not speak with any authority .

PS - despite all this Costa Esuri remains a very nice place to live or stay. It could be better but nevertheless we still love the place.
and an even better post
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

It was a question not a statement. Do you speak for the association? If so what is your take on the current situation? What are you doing to get the infrastructure improved? Just what do you do for us tax paying residents?
I am not on the CERA committee.

If you are a member of the Association you should have received an email over the last few days about an EGM taking place next month.

Below is a copy of the letter which was attached to the email

Dear Residents,
As you probably know, the Costa Esuri Residents Association (C.E.R.A ) was duly constituted in May , 2010.
For some time, for various reasons the C.E.R.A has not been operating as an Association would, with the participation of all its members.
As Founder members, we consider that the Association is necessary in Costa Esuri, not only to speak with one voice to the Town Hall, the E.U.C. and the media, but also to have a responsible and dependable channel of communication amongst ALL RESIDENTS. Without prejudice to other activities that could be carried out in interest of the community.
In this respect, we would like to call all residents in Costa Esuri to a meeting to be held on Monday, 14th April, 2014 at 7pm in the golf clubhouse of Golf Costa Esuri in order to decide if CERA should become operative again and if so, to elect its Committee members.
We would appreciate if you could pass this message to any residents you may be in contact with.
Looking forward to see you at the meeting.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:04 am
Just Joined

I thought I was a member but as I stated earlier I have not heard anything from you for some time. You say you are not a committee member but you use the CERA tag line after your name so I had assumed you were . Unfortunately I cannot attend the meeting but would very much like to see such an association in place. If there are people out there willing and able to push for a better deal for the residents then they should be welcomed with open arms. Drop your restrictive rules and let those who have opinions have their say.
Now, back to the clubhouse. Does anyone have any definitive information. Presumably the aforementioned meeting will not be able to take place if it is shut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.