Golf Club

Old Nov 9th 2013, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Golf Club

Hi - I see you mention "The 'new Jags' i.e Vista Verde". I'm a little out of touch with this - would you mind explaining what this is please? Many thanks. Sue

Oops! Sorry, if this should have been a separate thread

Last edited by Sue and Barry; Nov 9th 2013 at 10:58 am.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 11:12 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Is this some kind of time share resort thread?

I am in Italy but this was the latest post in the European section so forgive me for not wanting to spend an age trying to work out what it is

I saw golf club and as a golfer wanted to know what this thread was, then i opened it and it was huge
Old Nov 9th 2013, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry
Hi - I see you mention "The 'new Jags' i.e Vista Verde". I'm a little out of touch with this - would you mind explaining what this is please? Many thanks. Sue

Oops! Sorry, if this should have been a separate thread
Manolo from the shop is going to take over what was 'Jags' sometime in the new year
Old Nov 9th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Manolo from the shop is going to take over what was 'Jags' sometime in the new year
Great news and good luck to them. They are lovely people who have done us proud since Jags shut by given us an alternative drinking place at very little profit.

Being Spanish I am sure they will tick all the necessary boxes with the authorities. That way certain selfish individuals won't be able to get them closed again.

Wishing them all the luck and support they deserve for a profitable future
Old Nov 9th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Is this some kind of time share resort thread?

I am in Italy but this was the latest post in the European section so forgive me for not wanting to spend an age trying to work out what it is

I saw golf club and as a golfer wanted to know what this thread was, then i opened it and it was huge
This is a residents, owners and potential owners area for those living, owning or buying in the Ayamonte area of Spain. A lot of the activity is about CE which is a new urbanisation called Costa Esuri next to Ayamonte. This thread is in regards to the Golf Course on CE (plus a lot more other info). Everyone is welcome though, even from other areas like yours...

Last edited by Uncle Buck; Nov 9th 2013 at 12:48 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough

Many thanks - that certainly is good news. Good luck to them!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

It is nice to hear some good news about the old Jags;good luck to Manolo and I look forward to supporting him
Kath
Old Nov 9th 2013, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Wish them luck,we do need something else on costa esuri and Manola has been there for us all
Old Nov 10th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

People at the roll-up were told yesterday by Steve that he'd left by mutual consent.
Has someone else taken over the running of the Thursday Night Quiz, or has this left along with Rick ?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BobD
Has someone else taken over the running of the Thursday Night Quiz, or has this left along with Rick ?
No it is still going but now with Andrew Shanks as the Quiz Master.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

No it is still going but now with Andrew Shanks as the Quiz Master.
Is it true that the golf members discount has been removed? Or just another of those CE rumours?

Thanks
Jon
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Is it true that the golf members discount has been removed? Or just another of those CE rumours?

Thanks
Jon
There is an ongoing 'discussion' about it at the moment, it seems that (according to some people) it is not a Golf Club (regardless of the sign at the front door) and is now a Social Club and so 'illegal' to give discounts on alcoholic drinks. We have been told however that Golfers are welcome

Last edited by MikeCol; Nov 12th 2013 at 8:31 am.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

There is an ongoing 'discussion' about it at the moment, it seems that (according to some people) it is not a Golf Club (regardless of the sign at the front door) and is now a Social Club and so 'illegal' to give discounts on alcoholic drinks. We have been told however that Golfers are welcome
I'm going to have to tread carefully here as this is a sensitive issue.

As I said in post 330 http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=330

• The Golf Club is aptly named I, for one, will always call it that.
  • It is (and always has been) a public club open to all. Before the crisis affected us all in so many ways, the members had additional benefits to the nonmembers, when Aymerich owned both, before they collapsed. No-one complained about that, then. However it was always open to all.
  • I was told by an ex captain that the arrangement at CE is very different to say the UK, where the members may have ownership of the facilities. Now a new company has taken over trying to make a business there from the ashes of the past and don't have 'shareholders' to deal with.
With proper management they have the chance to make it a social centre for all: golf/non golf; resident/non resident; all nationalities etc. It's a huge building/terrace/views with resto, bar, parking and fantastic kitchen facilities. IMO I would love to see it packed with people enjoying themselves, even if they come outside of CE and are not residents like us.

If they succeed then I believe the majority of people would value a 'proper' social centre on the doorstep. Of course you can't please all the people all the time but we could all use some more social outlets on this huge development. The GC has all it takes to be that... to put CE more on the map.

We are happy to know many golfers and all of them are more than happy to share a drink and have a laugh with anyone golfers or not, residents or not, European or not. In fact in Aymerich days the members-only area was often pretty empty with most everyone happy/preferring to drink at the bar. IMO a properly functioning resto with good food, attracting a wide clientele, is a far better use of that space. No-one really wants an 'us and them' mentality here.

However any business must cater for all its clients and I personally spoke to the new owner, a couple of weeks ago, and frankly said that he could not afford to alienate the golfers and I hoped that he would keep their needs on top of the list. I'm not a golfer. I don't see how we can achieve a successful and great bar/resto if the golf community feel alienated. They may not be 'shareholders' but they are really important. As is the large non-member community. I have no problem with the members having extra benefits.

If it fails then we are back to square 1 - looking and hoping for a new management to make something special from this great location.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 12th 2013 at 9:07 am.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

The issue re discount for members has been resolved and it has been reinstated and the 'Golfers Menu' is also back on.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:34 am
BE Positive

The issue re discount for members has been resolved and it has been reinstated and the 'Golfers Menu' is also back on.
That's great news!!

Well done on the people that negotiated this settlement and things are moving forward the right way IMO.

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.