Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fibre broadband

Fibre broadband

Old Oct 29th 2018, 5:42 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fibre broadband

I've just watched the budget.

What a thrilling, mind-blowing experience!! But I try and sit though it each time. A bit harder this time as I'm virtually off booze for a bit Somehow I survived!!

What I found interesting was that, according to Corbyn, 80% of Spanish households have fibre.

Hmmmm CE is a new development, though it sometimes feels longer....
Its good to know that all those extra taxes we pay ( vs Ayamonte) are leading to infrastructure benefits to us!!

Maybe I'm exaggerating... After all we did get ONE post box after years of lobbying.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 29th 2018 at 5:44 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Fibre broadband

We are in Las Colinas and have just received a letter through the post so specifically to our address informing us that our house has access to Jazztel fibre optic network. Guaranteed speeds of up to 600 MB. There is an offer of fibre plus mobile (fibre of 50 MB with 24 GB data and unlimited calls) for €37.95 pm for 3 months. It doesn't say how much it will be after that.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 5:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
We are in Las Colinas and have just received a letter through the post so specifically to our address informing us that our house has access to Jazztel fibre optic network. Guaranteed speeds of up to 600 MB. There is an offer of fibre plus mobile (fibre of 50 MB with 24 GB data and unlimited calls) for €37.95 pm for 3 months. It doesn't say how much it will be after that.
Blimey its finally arrived!

Though Im sticking with Priinet, many were excited about the prospect of fibre. Good news that now it is an option on parts of CE.

Lets hope that there are other deals, including an unlimited offer. I did a calculation once on the forum..... 'back of envelope'...... a 24Gig package, gives you 24 mins of TV a day for a month. We watch more so need the unlimited package that Priinet offers, as well as non use benefits and the ability to stream HDTV on 2 devices, which Priinet is doing fine with.

Thanks & see you soon
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 6th 2018 at 6:04 am.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Blimey its finally arrived!

Though Im sticking with Priinet, many were excited about the prospect of fibre. Good news that now it is an option on parts of CE.

Lets hope that there are other deals, including an unlimited offer. I did a calculation once on the forum..... 'back of envelope'...... a 24Gig package, gives you 24 mins of TV a day for a month. We watch more so need the unlimited package that Priinet offers, as well as non use benefits and the ability to stream HDTV on 2 devices, which Priinet is doing fine with.

Thanks & see you soon
Jon
I'd be quite surprised if the 24Gb limit applied to the broadband but rather to the mobile which comes with the package. Clarification would be welcome. (Although we will probably stick with Priinet unless prices drop a great deal)
Old Nov 6th 2018, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

My understanding of the offer was that the 25 GB went with the mobile. There are more offers on their website including cheaper monthly payment but only $ GB and limited minutes.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
The 21,95€ offer more or less doubles after 3 months so I'd guess this goes for all the offers.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 7:55 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The 21,95€ offer more or less doubles after 3 months so I'd guess this goes for all the offers.
Here are the offers.... My Spanish isn't good enough, but it appears that the fibre internet is unlimited whilst there are limits on mobile usage. (As you proposed, Mike)

http://fibra.jazztel.com/?utm_source=labellium&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign= marca-generica&utm_term=mobile&utm_content=marca-amplia&location=fibra&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhrruh_HG3g IV1OFRCh1FBQLtEAAYASAAEgLVEPD_BwE

For us personally, who never game on the net, but admittedly watch a lot of TV (Im watching Question Time right now)... Our heaviest usage, by far, is HDTV streaming. As mentioned on two devices. Anything else is ' chicken feed'. So we need the right download speed AND unlimited data per month.

A 100 mb speed would be overkill for us, let alone 600mb. So we just wouldn't pay the overhead for it.

Priinet does this and we aren't getting the frustrating hiccups of a few years back. In saying that we had a problem a couple of days back, but it was resolved by the time we returned from lunch.

I doubt if fibre would have many hiccups, but I wonder how quick the response times would be vs a local company.

All in all, even if we were full time residents we would stick to the ''devil we know" ....

Here is a Bill Bryson quote. The first is on-topic here, the second something we experience regularly.

​There are things you just can't do in life. You can't beat the phone company, you can't make a waiter see you until he's ready to see you, and you can't go home again. Bill Bryson

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 9th 2018 at 8:02 am.