Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ethernet components

Ethernet components

Old Jun 7th 2018, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Default Ethernet components

Hi, does anyone know where Barry can buy Ethernet components in or near Ayamonte please? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Sue
Old Jun 8th 2018, 1:44 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ethernet components

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry
Hi, does anyone know where Barry can buy Ethernet components in or near Ayamonte please? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Sue
Hi Sue

Errrrr what is an 'Ethernet component' please?

I buy ''gadgety stuff' from ebay / amazon. Once we get a parcel delivery pick up point in CE that will really help. On the resto thread we hear that the new 19h may be able to offer that service shortly. I hope so
Jon
Old Jun 8th 2018, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

You could try "App" shop in calle Huelva, "Antenas del Guadiana" opposite the big parking by the river, and also the Chinese shop nearby the traffic light.

https://www.google.es/maps/uv?hl=fr&...BbQQoioIigEwCg
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
You could try "App" shop in calle Huelva, "Antenas del Guadiana" opposite the big parking by the river, and also the Chinese shop nearby the traffic light.

Don't buy electrical components from the Chinese shops, I'm afraid they are unlikely to meet any standard and be safe.
Don't know how far from Ayamonte you want to look. I bought Cat5 cable (15m) in Carrefour and an Ethernet (non wifi) router in Wortan in the plaza at the Plaza Tavira. Not sure where you would get smaller components. I hardwired my Priinet router direct into my TV's Ethernet port.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

close to the fish market is an TV, radio electrical store they might have some UTP cables, router, switch etc
Old Jun 8th 2018, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Try Waylon James he has the computer shop just by the pelican crossing opposite the marina.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Sue

Errrrr what is an 'Ethernet component' please?

I buy ''gadgety stuff' from ebay / amazon. Once we get a parcel delivery pick up point in CE that will really help. On the resto thread we hear that the new 19h may be able to offer that service shortly. I hope so
Jon
Hi Jon

As far as I know it has something to do with powering cctv cameras/computers, but I could be wrong! An Amazon pick up point locally would be a great help.

Sue
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JeanMichel

Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Don't buy electrical components from the Chinese shops, I'm afraid they are unlikely to meet any standard and be safe.
Don't know how far from Ayamonte you want to look. I bought Cat5 cable (15m) in Carrefour and an Ethernet (non wifi) router in Wortan in the plaza at the Plaza Tavira. Not sure where you would get smaller components. I hardwired my Priinet router direct into my TV's Ethernet port.
Thank you MikeJ. Definitely agree with you about electrical components/Chinese shop! We were thinking of visiting Worton at the Plaza Tavira. Sounds promising.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Try Waylon James he has the computer shop just by the pelican crossing opposite the marina.
Thank you, too, EsuriJohn.

Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bitmanev
close to the fish market is an TV, radio electrical store they might have some UTP cables, router, switch etc
Many thanks, we will,check it out
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry

Hi Jon

As far as I know it has something to do with powering cctv cameras/computers, but I could be wrong! An Amazon pick up point locally would be a great help.

Sue
Ethernet is the link layer of a communications stack and is the protocol for connecting computers on a local area network, LAN. It predates WiFi and is most commonly used on wire (UTP - unscreened twisted pair, Cat5 or Cat6) or fibre optic. The primary components are: ethernet adaptors (in the computer); ethernet cable; routers and hubs. Ethernet can currently deliver 400Gbs and soon 1000Gbs over fibre and higher bandwidth and is therefore preferred for data streaming services like TV.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 6:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike
I understand that its best to hardwire especially if streaming HD vs doing it via WiFi. I use my laptop connected to the TV and I have a long cable which connects to a port on the Priinet router and the pc.. Our tablets only have WiFi connectivity. However if Priinet is working well we stream just fine over wi-fi.

In the past you've helped us with 'mifi' (I think its called that) using a Zoom router.

So why would you buy a non WiFi router, when you already have several ports to hardwire from the Priinet router and also your zoom router, please? I just wanted to see if Ive missed something.

I also second you re Chinese shops - never buy any electrical stuff from them, or most tools. I bought an extension lead with 4 sockets.Thank goodness I was at home when it caught alight behind a wooden sideboard! The fuses didnt trip either.

I bought some wooden hangers and came back after 3 months to find the closet covered in yellow spores coming from the join in the wood. It stunk! Luckily all the clothes washed out in the washing machine (several loads) and vinegar cleaned out the woodwork.

Ugh!!
Jon
Old Jun 9th 2018, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Mike
I understand that its best to hardwire especially if streaming HD vs doing it via WiFi. I use my laptop connected to the TV and I have a long cable which connects to a port on the Priinet router and the pc.. Our tablets only have WiFi connectivity. However if Priinet is working well we stream just fine over wi-fi.

In the past you've helped us with 'mifi' (I think its called that) using a Zoom router.

So why would you buy a non WiFi router, when you already have several ports to hardwire from the Priinet router and also your zoom router, please? I just wanted to see if Ive missed something.

I also second you re Chinese shops - never buy any electrical stuff from them, or most tools. I bought an extension lead with 4 sockets.Thank goodness I was at home when it caught alight behind a wooden sideboard! The fuses didnt trip either.

I bought some wooden hangers and came back after 3 months to find the closet covered in yellow spores coming from the join in the wood. It stunk! Luckily all the clothes washed out in the washing machine (several loads) and vinegar cleaned out the woodwork.

Ugh!!
Jon
My house used to be a network of ethernet cables - until wifi routers began to deliver reasonable throughput. I have downsized considerably since those days and now have a cardboard box full of old hubs & routers
Old Jun 10th 2018, 7:37 am
BE Positive

My house used to be a network of ethernet cables - until wifi routers began to deliver reasonable throughput. I have downsized considerably since those days and now have a cardboard box full of old hubs & routers
Now I am more confused as to why you bought a non wi-fi router at Worten, Tavira. Lets discuss this over a 🍺! See you soon
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.