Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Enjoy Car Hire - Faro Airport

Enjoy Car Hire - Faro Airport

Old Jan 11th 2017, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Enjoy Car Hire - Faro Airport

Evening all,
Has anyone used or have knowledge of Enjoy Car Hire please? Very competitive rates so am wondering why
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enjoy Car Hire - Faro Airport

Hi,
Enjoy are just an agent for local car hire firms.I have used them with no problem.They are cheap and the reason may be that the cars aren't the newest with a few scratches and bumps,which you will need to bring to the companies notice.If you feel that there is anything that makes the car look unsafe ask for a replacement as you would with any company. Ask Enjoy for the name of the car hire firm you will be getting.They do not really want to do this but try anyway.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Hi,
Enjoy are just an agent for local car hire firms.I have used them with no problem.They are cheap and the reason may be that the cars aren't the newest with a few scratches and bumps,which you will need to bring to the companies notice.If you feel that there is anything that makes the car look unsafe ask for a replacement as you would with any company. Ask Enjoy for the name of the car hire firm you will be getting.They do not really want to do this but try anyway.
Thanks for the insight; very useful.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

I used Enjoy Car Hire last summer (I think the link to them came from the JET2 site for airfare, but can't be sure). They were very competitive, and better than the brokers I usually use. I was very happy with the car, and had no problems.
However I was concerned on the amount of money they wanted for Excess on the Insurance, and had to sign a Credit Card slip, which in theory gave them access to a further €1200. I must stress that there was no quibble about the car being OK when I returned it, but the potential outlay did focus my mind on very careful driving I guess this has to weighed up against the very low cost of £279.23 for over four weeks rental, and it could have been aleiviated by paying for the additional excess insurance, but this is something I am always loathe to do, as I have annual insurance for things like windscreens, tyres etc. and something I think the car hire companies use for extra revenue (and would have more than doubled the cost). This below is from my car hire voucher:

Insurance Coverage

Full insurance is provided with the following excesses.

Mini: €1200 - Excess can be reduced to zero for €12 a day

Economy: €1400 - Excess can be reduced to zero for €14 a day
Old Jan 13th 2017, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BobD
I used Enjoy Car Hire last summer (I think the link to them came from the JET2 site for airfare, but can't be sure). They were very competitive, and better than the brokers I usually use. I was very happy with the car, and had no problems.
However I was concerned on the amount of money they wanted for Excess on the Insurance, and had to sign a Credit Card slip, which in theory gave them access to a further €1200. I must stress that there was no quibble about the car being OK when I returned it, but the potential outlay did focus my mind on very careful driving I guess this has to weighed up against the very low cost of £279.23 for over four weeks rental, and it could have been aleiviated by paying for the additional excess insurance, but this is something I am always loathe to do, as I have annual insurance for things like windscreens, tyres etc. and something I think the car hire companies use for extra revenue (and would have more than doubled the cost). This below is from my car hire voucher:

Insurance Coverage

Full insurance is provided with the following excesses.

Mini: €1200 - Excess can be reduced to zero for €12 a day

Economy: €1400 - Excess can be reduced to zero for €14 a day
Thanks Bob,
I've decided to book with them and have an annual excess policy, so hopefully all ok. BUT, will be extra careful when driving....just hope the locals do as well!
Andy
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Having a big excess shouldn't be an issue if you have separate insurance which will cover any damage - you just have to ensure that the hireco will provide proper invoices for any repairs and that the booking agent will be prepared to help with any disputes. There are some horror stories about this not being the case with some of the lesser known companies. Hasten to add I have never heard any bad things about Enjoy.
The only issue is that you have €1200 less credit available for the rest of your spends. Some holidaymakers wold find this a problem.