Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Butcher

English Butcher

Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: English Butcher

Originally Posted by MikeJ
We visited, just to look round, and came out with a load of stuff including applewood smoked cheddar, Cumberland sausages (for the BBQ) etc. Not the cheapest I have to say but for those of us who enjoy a smattering of British food along with our Spanish diet, it's a little Aladdin's cave

We agree with you, MikeJ. We visited several times when we were in CE last month. In our opinion, the steaks (especially the Hereford Rib Eye) are the best we've found. The sausages, cooked meats and cheeses went down well too. - we'll definitely be back when we return in September.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KeighleyJo14
We sell sausages, bacon & brown sugar if that helps? Am I correct in my thinking that is what you are referring to ?

As far as I am aware we do not currently sell duck. Apologies.
Hi Keighly can you please tell me if the gluten free sausages are in yet ?
also any other gluten free products please.
many thanks
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: English Butcher

We finally made it to the English shop/butchers/cafe yesterday around 1 pm. We were taking Jon BX's advice and going for a "full English"as a way to test the quality of the food offer. It was superb both in quality and quantity if in the end it turned out a miteexpensive with the extra fresh orange and large mugs of coffee. At €5.95 for the breakfast it is without doubt the best value breakfast for miles around on price/quality and for me quantity.

As ever it was a come on the layout, the cleanliness and the variety of just those things you think of after 3 months here I could just eat a ............ will drive us back every now and then. We fell into the trap and came away with a strange assortment Demerara suger, applewood smoked cheese, Jacobs crackers for her and Wenslydale and digestive biscuits for him. Robinsons Lemon & Barley (it's nearly Wimbledon after all).

There is also what Teed up calls the Costco Pensioners breakfast. The sample trays, yesterday I could not resist the Scotch Egg or the thinly sliced roast beef. Both well worth returning for.

Over all the quality and selection is about right if expensive but for a treat worth it and the butchery looks spot on.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 24th 2014 at 5:11 am.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We finally made it to the English shop/butchers/cafe yesterday around 1 pm. We were taking Jon BX's advice and going for a "full English"as a way to test the quality of the food offer. It was superb both in quality and quantity if in the end it turned out a miteexpensive with the extra fresh orange and large mugs of coffee. At €5.95 for the breakfast it is without doubt the best value breakfast for miles around on price/quality and for me quantity.

As ever it was a come on the layout, the cleanliness and the variety of just those things you think of after 3 months here I could just eat a ............ will drive us back every now and then. We fell into the trap and came away with a strange assortment Demerara suger, applewood smoked cheese, Jacobs crackers for her and Wenslydale and digestive biscuits for him. Robinsons Lemon & Barley (it's nearly Wimbledon after all).

There is also what Teed up calls the Costco Pensioners breakfast. The sample trays, yesterday I could not resist the Scotch Egg or the thinly sliced roast beef. Both well worth returning for.

Over all the quality and selection is about right if expensive but for a treat worth it and the butchery looks spot on.
Did the Costco run yesterday - just to have a looksee, came away 110euros lighter. Best Costco we've been in, the Spanish items were not overwhelming and the fruit and veg are terrific. Also got some steak, their butchers is good too.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

irismary is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, please please stock Pork Pies.....my husband is suffering withdrawal symptoms!