Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Butcher

English Butcher

Old Feb 16th 2014, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default English Butcher

I heard before Christmas there was going to be an English butcher somewhere in Ayamonte?
I like to cure my own pork for bacon and make my own sausages. Smoking and curing is one of my hobbies. and I would like to source good local pork loin with the fat and rind left on. In Spain so far I have been unable to achieve this cut. Portugal is better it has some fat on but the cut is more like bacon chops. Any info on the butcher?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Butcher

Originally Posted by olivia
I heard before Christmas there was going to be an English butcher somewhere in Ayamonte?
I like to cure my own pork for bacon and make my own sausages. Smoking and curing is one of my hobbies. and I would like to source good local pork loin with the fat and rind left on. In Spain so far I have been unable to achieve this cut. Portugal is better it has some fat on but the cut is more like bacon chops. Any info on the butcher?
From what I have heard they are going to be based on the Ind Est near the motorway

I will try and find more details next week
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
From what I have heard they are going to be based on the Ind Est near the motorway

I will try and find more details next week
Try to find if it is the guy who used to be in Tavira near the railway station they say his steak and homemade sausage were tops.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Try to find if it is the guy who used to be in Tavira near the railway station they say his steak and homemade sausage were tops.
I used to go to the Tavira butcher he was very good and I believe he is still in the Tavira area for orders. He did make his own sausage and they were very good. I need gluten free and he was very helpful in pointing me in the right direction for skins online.
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Philwren is an unknown quantity at this point

It's now open, opened on Monday this week and is well worth a visit..... Also sells veggie products
Old May 27th 2014, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

KeighleyJo14 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are open
Old May 27th 2014, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

Does the butcher do penny duck does anyone know? I am looking at making my own for when we move over but if its available I'd like to get some when we are over in July and do a duck hash for some friends...and for those who do not know...there are no ducks involved!
Old May 28th 2014, 5:14 am
Just Joined

We sell sausages, bacon & brown sugar if that helps? Am I correct in my thinking that is what you are referring to ?

As far as I am aware we do not currently sell duck. Apologies.
Old May 28th 2014, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KeighleyJo14
We sell sausages, bacon & brown sugar if that helps? Am I correct in my thinking that is what you are referring to ?

As far as I am aware we do not currently sell duck. Apologies.
Might need cocktail smokie sausages?,
or is it Faggotts?.
Old May 28th 2014, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

Lol :0 Depending on where you are from some call them faggots and some call them savoury duck -
a basic recipe consists of (although there are variations)
1 lb. pig's liver
2 medium onions
4 oz. fat pork
Pinch of thyme
Generous 1/2 teaspoon powdered sage
Pinch of basil
Salt and pepper
Pinch grated nutmeg
1 egg
Breadcrumbs
Pig's caul

thanks anyway but will pop in when over - like cooking so this is just another on my list of to do's!!
Old May 31st 2014, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you situated? In the ind estate in Ayamonte, and what are you called. We will pay you a visit next week
Old May 31st 2014, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mascara22
Where are you situated? In the ind estate in Ayamonte, and what are you called. We will pay you a visit next week
Its called ACM If you come from the motorway junction near Esuri go towards Ayamonte. At the first roundabout turn left. At the next turn right. Follow the road round to the left and ACM are on the right after about 400 yards
Old May 31st 2014, 9:26 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Its called ACM If you come from the motorway junction near Esuri go towards Ayamonte. At the first roundabout turn left. At the next turn right. Follow the road round to the left and ACM are on the right after about 400 yards
How does the pricing compare to say the butcher everyone recommends in the indoor market, please?

Im sure the big super markets are cheaper, but I hope you can get better quality in a local butcher.

Im also guessing that there are more UK type cuts, options etc. Is that the case?

Jon
Old Jun 5th 2014, 7:32 am
Just Joined

We sell :
Pork/Lamb Lion Chops
Legs of Lamb
Bacon, Gammon Steaks,
Chicken: Whole , Portions.
Beef, , Ribeye, Rump, TopSide, Roasting, Steak Mince
Pies
Sausages (our own)

When you have a chance, pop in and have a look around.
Would you kindly message me with any feedback you have.

Many Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KeighleyJo14
We sell :
Pork/Lamb Lion Chops
Legs of Lamb
Bacon, Gammon Steaks,
Chicken: Whole , Portions.
Beef, , Ribeye, Rump, TopSide, Roasting, Steak Mince
Pies
Sausages (our own)

When you have a chance, pop in and have a look around.
Would you kindly message me with any feedback you have.

Many Thanks
We visited, just to look round, and came out with a load of stuff including applewood smoked cheddar, Cumberland sausages (for the BBQ) etc. Not the cheapest I have to say but for those of us who enjoy a smattering of British food along with our Spanish diet, it's a little Aladdin's cave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.