Reload this Page >

Dishwasher engineer wanted

Dishwasher engineer wanted

Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

laslopeady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dishwasher engineer wanted

Hi
Does anyone know of an ( idealy English speaking) engineer that does not charge exorbitant rates. I have a dishwasher( hardly used) that has an electrical fault that trips out the entire flat if turned on.
I have had some expensive experience of plumbers solving a minor problem so am keen to know if there is someone in the Ayamonte region charging sensible rates for their services.
Many thanks
Laslo peady
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:27 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dishwasher engineer wanted

Hiya,

Sorry I can't help you but hopefully somebody will be able to give you a good contact. Your post made me think though......it would be good if we could gather between a list of these type of workmen contact such as electricians, plumbers, handyman, locksmith, mosquito blind, window grill installers etc, etc in the Ayamonte area BUT there is the advertising issue should these tel numbers etc be posted on the forum. Any ideas ?

Mel

Originally Posted by laslopeady
Hi
Does anyone know of an ( idealy English speaking) engineer that does not charge exorbitant rates. I have a dishwasher( hardly used) that has an electrical fault that trips out the entire flat if turned on.
I have had some expensive experience of plumbers solving a minor problem so am keen to know if there is someone in the Ayamonte region charging sensible rates for their services.
Many thanks
Laslo peady
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:17 pm
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

If you drive into Ayamonte, go past the BP garage and turn right at the next roundabout heading towards town. After you pass the Kiosko on your left, just after the Pharmacy on your left there is an Electrodomestic place that does repairs. They came out and did a minor fix on ours for €10. I don't think they speak English.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
If you drive into Ayamonte, go past the BP garage and turn right at the next roundabout heading towards town. After you pass the Kiosko on your left, just after the Pharmacy on your left there is an Electrodomestic place that does repairs. They came out and did a minor fix on ours for €10. I don't think they speak English.
Yes, they are very good and I think the shop is called Electrosur but they don't speak English.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:41 am
Just Joined

vivanlasvacas is an unknown quantity at this point

First thing to know is that in Spain guarantee lasts for 2 years. If your dishwasher was bought withing the 2 last years you can go back to where you bought it a get a repair for free. If not...... Nowadays is nearly cheaper to buy a new one!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vivanlasvacas
First thing to know is that in Spain guarantee lasts for 2 years. If your dishwasher was bought withing the 2 last years you can go back to where you bought it a get a repair for free. If not...... Nowadays is nearly cheaper to buy a new one!
I had one past its guarantee date and went to the above electrical shop. The guy came out the following day told me what the problem was (which was very minor ) and wouldn't take a penny for his troubles. Trust me, it isn't cheap to buy any electrical goods around here.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

laslopeady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I am not out again until Easter so can't do anything until then.
Just looked on the Whirlpool web site for spares and find that there is a recall out on dishwashers of about the same purchase date as ours.
problem is I have not got the serial number, only model number, have e-mailed them to see if they can help.
Thanks again
Ps
I like the idea of drawing up a list of tradesmen, not sure how to go about it without contravening the ad laws. Any suggestions?
Ta
laslo Peady
Old Feb 7th 2010, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya,

Sorry I can't help you but hopefully somebody will be able to give you a good contact. Your post made me think though......it would be good if we could gather between a list of these type of workmen contact such as electricians, plumbers, handyman, locksmith, mosquito blind, window grill installers etc, etc in the Ayamonte area BUT there is the advertising issue should these tel numbers etc be posted on the forum. Any ideas ?

Mel
To everyone,

Why not start putting this kind of info in the useful information thread created by Mitzyboy. I have started to post on there the kind of info that I keep getting requested. If telephone numbers are required I am sure these can be PM'd accordingly but this thread will be easier to access then searching the whole forum.

Just a thought, anything to make life easier.