Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Coviran Supermarket in CE ?

Coviran Supermarket in CE ?

Old Nov 11th 2020, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coviran Supermarket in CE ?

I just heard rumors about a new supermarket named COVIRAn coming to CE ? If it is true , it would be great news. Does anybody know more ? Which location is planned. I add my source in the link below;

maverik
Old Nov 11th 2020, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coviran Supermarket in CE ?

Source : Info Ayamonte:

As they say fortune favours the brave. As you will have seen from Marina's interview on Ayamonteinteresa Coviran have just completed the purchase this afternoon. That makes two new businesses to look forward to in 2021 on Esuri.
I would like to wish Alvaro and Raquel the best of luck in this new family venture with the Coviran grocery shop. And also wish Enda Behan the best for his new venture Behan's Gastrobar opening in Spring 2021.
Esuri has been long overdue more services and facilities and in these difficult times these business people are literally putting their money where there mouth is and investing in Costa Esuri.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 1:37 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Maverik, I saw that too - BRILLIANT news for us all and we need it in these worrying times ! Really cheered me up and I have the greatest respect for anybody setting up a new business as it is a brave step. VERY best of luck to all.

Can anybody tell me where these will be located. In the same building as the little shop/cafe maybe?
Old Nov 11th 2020, 9:54 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Not Rumours, Fact. Both Coviran and Behan's Gastro bar have completed. And both are in the commerical units near Las Lomas. The Shop is the second unit on the left and the Gastro Bar first unit on the right on the first floor. I am Michael Halligan from Infoayamonte page and I don't publish rumour, only facts.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 7:01 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Not Rumours, Fact. Both Coviran and Behan's Gastro bar have completed. And both are in the commerical units near Las Lomas. The Shop is the second unit on the left and the Gastro Bar first unit on the right on the first floor. I am Michael Halligan from Infoayamonte page and I don't publish rumour, only facts.

Thank you for sharing this great news with us Michael. I had seen this on your infoayamonte FB page which has been so informative during these difficult days. Stay safe !
Old Nov 13th 2020, 7:28 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thank you for sharing this great news with us Michael. I had seen this on your infoayamonte FB page which has been so informative during these difficult days. Stay safe !
I received the video interview on WhatsApp the other day re the Coviran opening it was a file too big to post here. But I tried to forward to as many Esurians as I could ... But probably missed many. Sorry if it was you.

Great news in 2021!! We need some cheering up and as soon as traveling becomes less problematic we can't wait to come back and see friends and try out the new businesses, I'm sure that we will become regular customers.

Great that the 2 businesses kept going throughout this awful year. Let's hope lockdowns are over asap, and certainly before they open.

Jon

Old Jan 31st 2021, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Yes Maverik, I saw that too - BRILLIANT news for us all and we need it in these worrying times ! Really cheered me up and I have the greatest respect for anybody setting up a new business as it is a brave step. VERY best of luck to all.

Can anybody tell me where these will be located. In the same building as the little shop/cafe maybe?
Updates on the new supermarket on Esuri.

the guys have been in the units for about 3 weeks now, and it’s starting to show progress, they started laying the floor last week.

also new sign gone up advertising the new bar Bistro opening soon!. 🙏.

The back of the supermarket facing Lomas

New sign for the bar/bistro

The from overlooking the golf course

Old Feb 1st 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Roll on normality. I checked the windy webcams website last night about 8.00 pm, and the entire algarve and across the Malaga was 16 c. It was 3c here in hampshire. I think we took the "good times" for granted popping out to our holiday homes, and enjoying all the hospitality. I miss my resto cooked sea bream in PT and the general easy life we retirees enjoy there. I hope the new CE resto can hold out until we are allowed back by our governments. Happy holidays !!
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keithBT
Roll on normality. I checked the windy webcams website last night about 8.00 pm, and the entire algarve and across the Malaga was 16 c. It was 3c here in hampshire. I think we took the "good times" for granted popping out to our holiday homes, and enjoying all the hospitality. I miss my resto cooked sea bream in PT and the general easy life we retirees enjoy there. I hope the new CE resto can hold out until we are allowed back by our governments. Happy holidays !!
Your not wrong Keith just finished playing golf at Canela lovely sunny day.

The 18th green
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 5:31 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Your not wrong Keith just finished playing golf at Canela lovely sunny day.

The 18th green
Ohmigosh! This is 'sweet torture!' After nearly a year of lockdown and recently days of rain and sticky snow, even... And endless depressing news reports, not being able to come and see friends is a big frustration for us. Especially as CE is moving forward with the new builds, new and improved commerce's etc and of course the usual plethora of options available in 2 countries in a short drive. We can't wait to try Behan's and Coviran and hope that they can have a good crowd for the summer rush, when revenues are higher.

We are EU residents, and the mess over vaccinations means we can't rely 100% on getting our jabs this year.!

What a 'double whammy' to get this virus, after so much lockdown, when there is 'light at the end of the tunnel' re vaccine(s) ... getting brighter. We hardly go out, have to wear a mask on leaving home, regular hand gel/washing etc. Yet last week I got a streaming cold! These viruses eg also flu and CV19 spread the same way so somehow it breached 'my defences'. I never thought I'd say ' I hope I'm sick with a cold' !! I wasn't too worried as it followed the same path as all previous colds and essentially over in a day.

Like Monty Python, I know we should be looking at the 'bright side of life' (da da ....)

So I try and say that we are not in a high risk group and we have a wonderful corner of the world to visit - just as soon as we can! The bright side aided by vaccine creation.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 2nd 2021 at 5:37 am.
Old May 5th 2021, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Shelves all about fully stocked, wine and spirits on the left as you go in, won’t be long now.
Old May 5th 2021, 10:37 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek
Shelves all about fully stocked, wine and spirits on the left as you go in, won’t be long now.
GREAT news!!

​​​​Also Belgium have really ramped up the vax programme, but vax-hesitancy is still a big factor. Ironically, it means that we have jumped the queue, and both will have had vax2's in 3 weeks time. As I mentioned previously, we were fearing a late Vaccination (or even none this year). So we are delighted, Belgium are trialling the Covid passport... And as soon as free movement resumes, with no quarantine in ES or PT or on our return... We are going!

Any update on Behans bar please? Last time there were doubts that they would open for the high season.... I hope we can try it on our trip.

Jon

Old May 6th 2021, 7:11 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
GREAT news!!

​​​​Also Belgium have really ramped up the vax programme, but vax-hesitancy is still a big factor. Ironically, it means that we have jumped the queue, and both will have had vax2's in 3 weeks time. As I mentioned previously, we were fearing a late Vaccination (or even none this year). So we are delighted, Belgium are trialling the Covid passport... And as soon as free movement resumes, with no quarantine in ES or PT or on our return... We are going!

Any update on Behans bar please? Last time there were doubts that they would open for the high season.... I hope we can try it on our trip.

Jon
Coviran due to open tomorrow, hopefully will be fully supported by all.
Behan's looking unlikely, as he can't get past the obstacles created by the illegal bar below, so nothing happening at all.
Old May 6th 2021, 7:32 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
Coviran due to open tomorrow, hopefully will be fully supported by all.
Behan's looking unlikely, as he can't get past the obstacles created by the illegal bar below, so nothing happening at all.
Wow Coviran opening tomorrow .. great! Thanks.

Re Behans That's a shame... I heard that there were other problems, at Behans, but was hoping that they were coming close to a resolution. I'm sure that with the possibility of open borders and reductions of quarantine travel restrictions (for both EU and UK-EU travel) - Behans would want and need the high season business.... As MANY of the residents would too. I cant wait for it!

There is room for all three at the commercial centre. I will use them all.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 6th 2021 at 7:34 am.
Old May 6th 2021, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Photos of the interior of Coviran

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.