Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COVID restrictions

COVID restrictions

Old Mar 6th 2021, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID restrictions

The article stating the Spanish Prime Minister commenting about September as the likely date of allowing tourism to resume was contradicted later by the
Spainsh tourism minister who said that it was not the case.
Recently there have been talks with the UK about a "green corridor" similar to the one last summer. Confused πŸ˜• I know I am.
I'm thinking no one is going to give a definitive answer to the question until the DATA appears to allow to swing the door both ways . It will probably come down to individual countries political,financial and moral risk appetite .Feel free to rearrange that order .
Old Mar 6th 2021, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

As for the DATA, the saying attributed to Disraeli
"​​​​​​There are lies,damned lies and statistics" is most apt.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
The article stating the Spanish Prime Minister commenting about September as the likely date of allowing tourism to resume was contradicted later by the
Recently there have been talks with the UK about a "green corridor" similar to the one last summer. Confused πŸ˜• I know I am.
I'm thinking no one is going to give a definitive answer to the question until the DATA appears to allow to swing the door both ways . It will probably come down to individual countries political,financial and moral risk appetite .Feel free to rearrange that order .
Just to add further complexity many EU countries claim that vaccines are only complete after both jabs - ie the UK is at the bottom of the league because most of the 21m are first jab only. Guess which countries claim to be ahead? It seems that clinical evidence comes second to political point scoring. I also read on MSN today that the NL are claiming to have stopped AZ from exporting vaccines to UK. Seems like a dog-in-a-manger attitude to me, also considering that FR and DE have 250m doses which they cannot use because Macron and Merkel muddied the waters so much. IE have pleaded for them to send their surplus but have so far been refused. πŸ˜«πŸ€”

Last edited by MikeJ; Mar 6th 2021 at 3:50 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Just to add further complexity many EU countries claim that vaccines are only complete after both jabs - ie the UK is at the bottom of the league because most of the 21m are first jab only. Guess which countries claim to be ahead? It seems that clinical evidence comes second to political point scoring. I also read on MSN today that the NL are claiming to have stopped AZ from exporting vaccines to UK. Seems like a dog-in-a-manger attitude to me, also considering that FR and DE have 250m doses which they cannot use because Macron and Merkel muddied the waters so much. IE have pleaded for them to send their surplus but have so far been refused. πŸ˜«πŸ€”
The UK vax programme is speeding up .I do some marshalling at one of the pop up centres and they are going to a 7 day week from 5 days with hours of 0845 to 2000. There are many other centres being opened every day. Latest news is they are hoping that everyone would have the first dose by June now. They seem confident that supply of vaccines will increase from the middle of March. We know 20 million have already had at least the first dose, so they all should have had the second by The beginning of June ,with the 12 week gap.
​​

Old Mar 7th 2021, 6:03 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the 'political point scoring' point!! I believe it's what caused M+M to create + spread fear and concerns in the EU.. (Macron + Merkel) .. leading to a lot of problems re vaccination, and shelving large stocks of AZ vaccine. This was one reason (along with EU mismanagement and supply problems etc) that the Vax programme stalled here. Spain did a 2 week moratorium on vaccination. Belgium followed suit, and 75% of primary care workers didn't even turn up for their jab!

This is not scientific, but I have a vidcon every 2 weeks with international friends in my >60 age group. We are German, Dutch, Swedish, Belgian and British. NONE of us have had the first jab.... or have a date. Here in Belgium we have close family and a couple of friends, who would easily be considered in the high risk group..... also elderly family >80 years old...….No first jab...!!

It's pretty rich to score points re the second jab when we haven't had the first!! Whereas everyone I know, in the UK, friends and acquaintances, in my age group, and at-risk groups have had the first... the second scheduled

Whereas here lockdowns continue, with no 'roadmap' France is having regional full curfews etc... And vaccine-nationalism means Italy with EU support stopped an order to Australia a few days ago. (I believe that they will also stop orders to the UK - of none other than the AZ vaccine!! ) Finally, last week Belgium France and Germany reversed - and have approved the AZ jab for the over 55/65 group.

Final score: Political point scoring 0 : Real life scientific data 20m !

His Holiness The DalaΓ― Lama had the AZ jab a few days ago . . 85 years old....

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 7th 2021 at 6:52 am.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Not necessarily a contradiction. Sancho says 70% vaccinations, but this is by region. Some parts of Spain, for example the Canary Islands, may well hit that target much earlier than Madrid etc. So holidays in the Canaries and possibly some of the Balearics could be early summer. The last prediction for Andalucia was mid-September, I'd love to see later data.

Last edited by MikeJ; Mar 7th 2021 at 8:01 am.