Council tax

Old Sep 1st 2020, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Question Council tax

Hi everyone. We need to obtain a copy of our Council Tax bill for 2019 (I.B.I). Does anyone know the opening times of the SGTH office near to Laguna Plaza please? We don’t get into Ayamonte town very often. Many thanks. Sue and Barry
Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Council tax

They open about 08.30 till about 2. I believe you have to make an appointment at the moment
Old Sep 1st 2020, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough

Many thanks Guesswork. Do you know if able to make appointment on line/in English please? If we need to phone, I need to get the help of Google translate! I will see if I can find their website in the meantime.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I dont but maybe someone will come on here who knows more
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

In theory, they only work on appointment. However, since you are from abroad you might be lucky. That happened to us in July. The office chief does speak a little bit of English. Have fun.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by maverik
In theory, they only work on appointment. However, since you are from abroad you might be lucky. That happened to us in July. The office chief does speak a little bit of English. Have fun.
A friend very kindly went and paid ours last week. He got to the office saw the notice on the door, phoned the number cought the eye of the person in the office who picked up the call and let him in. He obtained the bills and paid them at his bank. His bank official in Ayamonte told him that an extra 2 months grace has been given to the payment cut off making it the end of November for this year.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maverik
Thank you
Old Sep 6th 2020, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by olivia
A friend very kindly went and paid ours last week. He got to the office saw the notice on the door, phoned the number cought the eye of the person in the office who picked up the call and let him in. He obtained the bills and paid them at his bank. His bank official in Ayamonte told him that an extra 2 months grace has been given to the payment cut off making it the end of November for this year.
Many thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 12:17 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I couldn't get an answer to my phone call to set up an appointment to pay I.B.I. Urbana and Tasa Tratamiento Residuos in Ayamonte
I browsed the Servicio de Gestión Tributaria de Huelva. website and found that I could pay on line as long as I had last year's bills with the reference numbers.
The link is
https://sede.sgth.es/pago_sin_identificar.php#

Scroll to the bottom and insert the number from your bill/ receipt from last year starting 8004.....

The system checks that the number is valid, then tells you this year's charge and you have various banking options to pay on line. ... OR you can chose the print option and take your paper copy with you to your bank to pay there.
I used my Halifax credit card and paid the smaller 46 euro "Tasa" amount first. It worked fine.
Then I went back and entered the second receipt number starting 8004....
However, with the larger I.B.I. payment Halifax asked me to ring their fraud line and after a few minutes, I had the clearance checks to go on line again and make the second payment.

Much easier than queueing downtown or missing the payment deadline whilst stuck back home in Ireland or G.B. and this post will jog my memory when it comes to next year's payment.

I hope some of you will find this useful.
Regards Michael

Last edited by maccro; Sep 18th 2020 at 12:24 pm. Reason: More detail
Old Sep 18th 2020, 1:06 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry
Many thanks Guesswork. Do you know if able to make appointment on line/in English please? If we need to phone, I need to get the help of Google translate! I will see if I can find their website in the meantime.
When I didn't get an answer to my phone call, I sent a polite email to [email protected] asking for an appointment.
About 3 hours later they replied stating I should provide my name, surname ,phone number and reason for appointment.
I can only presume they they would then have rung me back with an appointment time. (I didn't test this further as I had already made an online payment as outlined in my earlier post)
Old Sep 19th 2020, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maccro
When I didn't get an answer to my phone call, I sent a polite email to [email protected] asking for an appointment.
About 3 hours later they replied stating I should provide my name, surname ,phone number and reason for appointment.
I can only presume they they would then have rung me back with an appointment time. (I didn't test this further as I had already made an online payment as outlined in my earlier post)
Many thanks for all the responses.

Macro - I found the SGTH website quite confusing and gave up on it. However, I eventually managed to get hold of their email address and requested an appointment. (I used Google Translate as my Spanish is rubbish). I received a reply within 24 hours, together with an appointment for 10 days later. Luckily we are here for a while, so that worked out well. We were also asked for the same details as you, plus our NIE numbers. Fingers crossed all will go smoothly when we call into the office next week.
Old Sep 19th 2020, 9:03 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry
Many thanks for all the responses.

Macro - I found the SGTH website quite confusing and gave up on it. However, I eventually managed to get hold of their email address and requested an appointment. (I used Google Translate as my Spanish is rubbish). I received a reply within 24 hours, together with an appointment for 10 days later. Luckily we are here for a while, so that worked out well. We were also asked for the same details as you, plus our NIE numbers. Fingers crossed all will go smoothly when we call into the office next week.
Glad you're making progress on it S&B.