Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Old Apr 2nd 2018, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Hello ecobuild, It is not as simple as you believe. Costa Esuri was built for foreign investment / second homes. In practice after the financial crash the properties became extremely good value due to heavy discounting.Quite a few Spanish bought at the bottom and now occupy these as their primary homes. Some developments have been abandoned unsold and looters have stolen windows, doors etc- anything of value. Other developments ( townhouses) are exactly as they were ten years ago with maybe 20% sold and the remaining 80% looking like they need a lick of paint. There are a further five maybe six apartment developments which are either sold out or at least 85% sold. These are well maintained and have communities/ presidents etc. There are then individual villas built and under construction. There is a hotel by the golf course waiting to be finished. There is another hotel shell in the middle of CE which I doubt will ever be finished. It will most likely be demolished but not necessarily in my lifetime!! THERE ARE LOADS OF DOGS & CATS. Dogs bark as they see fit. Sometimes it is quiet, other times I wish I had a shotgun. One starts and then four more continue. It IS fairly noisy on our development ( marina esuri) in July/August. Actually it is noisy almost everywhere then. The rest of the year it is either pleasant or practically empty (dec/jan/feb). I like peace and quiet and most of the time I get it EXCEPT mornings when the gardeners/ maintenance guys spend hours revving up grass blowers/ lawnmowers/ hedge trimmers all petrol powered and all making one hell of a noise. TBH, I doubt CE is for you.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ecobuild
Hello Everyone... I am very sensitive to noise (dogs, screaming kids etc...)...
It seems that CE is divided into a number of residential complexes... could you tell me which one(s) you think are possibly the less subject to Yappy or Howling dogs...?
I very much doubt whether you will find anywhere in Spain that would suit your needs as it predominantly tends to be a bit on the noisy side. Dogs, children, fireworks and general noise are viewed as a sign of life and is therefore valued. The Spanish are inclined to be loud, they love life, they enjoy life to the full whenever and wherever possible.

Rosemary
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I very much doubt whether you will find anywhere in Spain that would suit your needs as it predominantly tends to be a bit on the noisy side. Dogs, children, fireworks and general noise are viewed as a sign of life and is therefore valued. The Spanish are inclined to be loud, they love life, they enjoy life to the full whenever and wherever possible.

Rosemary
Well, I suppose it's just common sense and has nothing to do with the country really. In any country, you would probably not move to a residential complex or housing estate if noise is an issue?

I would actually say that the British & Irish can be just as loud (kids, dogs) and depends where you are. Even in Spain, you can easily escape the noise and will find plenty of quiet areas.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

disagree with that as who's going to build a large shopping mall in a place what's only designed to be;

Originally Posted by keithBT
Costa Esuri was built for foreign investment / second homes.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rosemary

Rosemary
really?

i did live in the UK as a foreigner for about 10 years and it's loud here too with; dogs, fireworks almost all year around, spoiled screaming children, boy racers blasting through the streets etc

ever lived close to a pub?

the moment you live in a suburb you will have noise no matter where (i have lived in 9 countries around this globe)
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

We have a holiday apartment on Las Encinas and majority of the time it is nice and peaceful. Yes you get the odd yacking dog, but you are more likely to disturbed by the Spanish residents having a chat across the community gardens from their balconies. We don’t go out in July/August as a) it is too hot and b) it is too busy for us. The rest of the year it’s fine apart from the odd weekend when the second home owners come to stay from Sevilla etc. But it’s no more noisy than weekends back in England. All in all it’s a lovely place for us to chill out!!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who has owned a house on Las Lomas for over a decade, I can honestly say that noise has never been a problem. You might hear the odd dog bark in the distance . But honestly, the only thing most likely to get you attention is the gardener mowing the grass, or birdsong.
Except on a Monday evening when you may hear the odd scream from the Shop where the Monday club meet. This is probably due to fact that's someone mentions to someone else, that its their round.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 8:15 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

We've been holidaying in Esuri since 2007 - we usually stay on Las Lomas and absolutely love it - we are looking to buy and Las Lomas is where we would ideally like to be - it may not be for everyone but when i arrive i always feel as though i've come home - the people are brilliant - the shop is fantastic to go and sit in for a drink and a chat with friends/neighbours - the sunsets over Portugal are amazing - i wouldn't want to be anywhere else - rent for a while and see what its like - yep it is busy in the summer months but that is what you would imagine it to be like <3 = the apartments near the golf club seem to be very quite - is it sun and sea - dont think there are many people in those at the min - keep hearing rumours that the banks have/are releasing them for sale - but i would imagine once they sell out it will be the same - have you thought about buying a villa or plot of land - that may be a better option for you perhaps xxxxx
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Esuriplotman is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought 2 frontline plots in Costa Esuri in 2004 and was hearing that the market was coming back a bit. Is there much demand these days ? I think there were about 900 plots. Does anyone know how many are built on now ?

Any info appreciated. It reads as though the place is coming out of the doldrums now ?

Regards

Esuriplotman
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Esuriplotman
I bought 2 frontline plots in Costa Esuri in 2004 and was hearing that the market was coming back a bit. Is there much demand these days ? I think there were about 900 plots. Does anyone know how many are built on now ?

Any info appreciated. It reads as though the place is coming out of the doldrums now ?

Regards

Esuriplotman
I can't help myself thinking that plots would become significantly more valuable if you could wait until we see some action with the Hotel. After all the news last year saying the hotel had been sold I was convinced we would see some action there and whatever hotel chain bought it would crack on and get it finished. TBH I am now sceptical that it was ever sold. It all seems to have gone very quiet. It does seem that apartment prices have risen out of the lows of 2013/14 hence I would suppose plots have too, but IMO prices are still quite low compared to other costa's hence my thoughts that you should hang on if possible until hotel built, new restos opened etc. Who knows, but surely Esuri will come good eventually so long as there is not another slump ala 2008/9 in the meantime !!

PS, Does ANYONE know who currently owns the hotel ?????
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
I can't help myself thinking that plots would become significantly more valuable if you could wait until we see some action with the Hotel. After all the news last year saying the hotel had been sold I was convinced we would see some action there and whatever hotel chain bought it would crack on and get it finished. TBH I am now sceptical that it was ever sold. It all seems to have gone very quiet. It does seem that apartment prices have risen out of the lows of 2013/14 hence I would suppose plots have too, but IMO prices are still quite low compared to other costa's hence my thoughts that you should hang on if possible until hotel built, new restos opened etc. Who knows, but surely Esuri will come good eventually so long as there is not another slump ala 2008/9 in the meantime !!

PS, Does ANYONE know who currently owns the hotel ?????
Currently the Hotels are still with the administrator. Apparently the winning bid was challenged by the losing consortium and an appeal is in the courts. We all know how slow Spanish courts can be!
Old Feb 4th 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Esuriplotman is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey that sounds a bit painful. So is there a market for plots ? How many of them are built on ? Are we on the up ?
Old Feb 4th 2019, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

There are probably 40 individual villas built with about 10 being built now.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esuriplotman
Blimey that sounds a bit painful. So is there a market for plots ? How many of them are built on ? Are we on the up ?
There were originally 900 plots but some have already been divided 3 for 2 so the potential is higher now.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
There are probably 40 individual villas built with about 10 being built now.
I think it is probably more like 60 built but not all occupied and perhaps 15 under construction now at least 6 of which I can see from home each day with workmen on site!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.