British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Costa Esuri is it worth buying? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/costa-esuri-worth-buying-909356/)

tonisdad Feb 17th 2018 11:24 am

Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Hello
At the moment we live in Albuferia. On a recent visit to Ayamonte we became aware of Costa Esuri. The apartments look bargain basement price compared to the Algarve and of course Spain is less expensive than the Algarve.
We had a look around yesterday and it looks very quiet....like a ghost town in fact!
Are there any shops bars..shopping centre or do you have to go to Ayamonte for those?
Don`t get me wrong the peace and quiet looks nice. In Albuferia everybody who is a resident has a yapping dog that they seem immune to and of course 8 months of the year it is a tourist resort.
Does Costa Esuri change for the worse in summer or is it pretty much quiet all year?
Any info would be appreciated or pointers to where information can be sought.
Thank you Paul.

Rosemary Feb 17th 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

guesswork Feb 17th 2018 2:18 pm

At this moment Esuri has the golf club and a shop/bar/take away

There is actually quite a few full time residents of various nationalities. It is generally quiet for 6 months of the year but does get busy for 4 months over summer and very busy for July and August

There is a limited bus service to Ayamonte but a taxi is 11 euros

There are numerous yapping dogs particularly on Las Lomas

Hopefully within the next week we should hear that the purchase of the half built hotel and the golf courses should be completed. With a bit of luck this will be the catalyst for further progress

The complex where the shop/bar is located is actively being marketed for purchase or rent

tonisdad Feb 17th 2018 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12444289)
At this moment Esuri has the golf club and a shop/bar/take away

There is actually quite a few full time residents of various nationalities. It is generally quiet for 6 months of the year but does get busy for 4 months over summer and very busy for July and August

There is a limited bus service to Ayamonte but a taxi is 11 euros

There are numerous yapping dogs particularly on Las Lomas

Hopefully within the next week we should hear that the purchase of the half built hotel and the golf courses should be completed. With a bit of luck this will be the catalyst for further progress

The complex where the shop/bar is located is actively being marketed for purchase or rent

Thank you for that....Las Lomas crossed off list. Looking around there was some lovely looking apartments.

Dxf Feb 17th 2018 3:00 pm

Hola

The Costa Esuri is a victim of the crisis / recession of 2007/2008. It is one of the best designs of a new town that I have seen with local shops etc. for each area. However because it was never finished, it is what it is.

If you can foresee the future you can answer your own question; I would predict that it will take time to build all the original proposed houses and flats and only then will any area get the shops etc. that was originally planned.

It has one disadvantage that I can see and that is there is only one road in or out.

So in my opinion, if you have 20 to 30 years then quite possibly but if looking at ten years then probably not

Davexf

sandyeo Feb 17th 2018 3:33 pm

Hi , have you looked at Castro Marim ? There are Town houses that are now being completed after recession priced around 150,000 for 3 bedrooms. It is quiet but village has large supermarket, a few bars and restrs. You can walk to Monte Francisco too.

Martin mc Feb 17th 2018 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by tonisdad (Post 12444196)
Hello
At the moment we live in Albuferia. On a recent visit to Ayamonte we became aware of Costa Esuri. The apartments look bargain basement price compared to the Algarve and of course Spain is less expensive than the Algarve.
We had a look around yesterday and it looks very quiet....like a ghost town in fact!
Are there any shops bars..shopping centre or do you have to go to Ayamonte for those?
Don`t get me wrong the peace and quiet looks nice. In Albuferia everybody who is a resident has a yapping dog that they seem immune to and of course 8 months of the year it is a tourist resort.
Does Costa Esuri change for the worse in summer or is it pretty much quiet all year?
Any info would be appreciated or pointers to where information can be sought.
Thank you Paul.

Hi Paul,

I’ve just recently bought an apartment on Costa Esuri and upto now all is fine. There is limited facilities but I’m sure things will improve over time. I’ve holidayed in albufeira for many years and mostly stayed in Paderne.

It use to take me 40 minutes to drive there from Faro but it only takes me 50 minutes to get to my apartment. You’ve got the best of both worlds as Villa Real, Monte Gordo etc are only a short drive away with plenty of shops and restaurants to enjoy. You can even take the ferry from Ayamonte to Villa Real rather than driving.

We visited Costa Esuri quite a few times before we purchsed to try to get a feel for the place. Do your research, take your chances and good look with whatever you decide.

Regards

Martin.

Rosemary Feb 17th 2018 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Martin mc (Post 12444442)
Hi Paul,

I’ve just recently bought an apartment on Costa Esuri and upto now all is fine. There is limited facilities but I’m sure things will improve over time. I’ve holidayed in albufeira for many years and mostly stayed in Paderne.

It use to take me 40 minutes to drive there from Faro but it only takes me 50 minutes to get to my apartment. You’ve got the best of both worlds as Villa Real, Monte Gordo etc are only a short drive away with plenty of shops and restaurants to enjoy. You can even take the ferry from Ayamonte to Villa Real rather than driving.

We visited Costa Esuri quite a few times before we purchsed to try to get a feel for the place. Do your research, take your chances and good look with whatever you decide.

Regards

Martin.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

tonisdad Feb 17th 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks everybody for your replies so far all points appreciated and tips appreciated.

bitmanev Feb 18th 2018 9:44 am

@tonisdad,

i'm with @sandyeo on this as you are already in the Portuguese system and when coming to Spain you have to go through the whole paper work again...

only reason we are in Costa Esuri is cause SWMBO wanted to be in Spain so on the border i'm still close to Portugal :)

tip; spend some time in a hotel in Ayamonte and explore the area first
dogs; hmmm some times i think there are more dogs then people but he that's just me

good luck with your decision

AliceB Feb 20th 2018 1:10 pm

Hi Paul, some good advice already given with a well rounded viewpoint.
Yes Costa Esuri is quiet most of the year, hearing the birdsong all day is very pleasant indeed :thumbsup:
As already indicated, it does slowly pick up some momentum during June through July weekends and August is busy - but nothing like Ayamonte town or Isla Canela. You’d never have to queue to get in or out!
When the holiday makers arrive in August it is lively but if you are coming from Albufueria you would probably feel it was fairly quiet here, even in the height of summer.
Don’t be put off any specific complex simply because of a couple of yapping dogs; yes there are some on Lomas but you can get this anywhere at any given time.
Las Lomas incidentally is filled with fabulous birdsong and not a yapper in the air as we speak!!!
So essentially you might be avoiding what is a fabulous location because of the possibility of a yapper when you could end up in a lovely apartment next to a howler :(
As others have said, do research, take your chances and good luck :fingerscrossed:
Yes Costa Esuri is well worth buying!!
Check out your pm for some detailed information.
Al

Ecobuild Mar 31st 2018 12:10 pm

Hello Everyone... I am very sensitive to noise (dogs, screaming kids etc...)...
It seems that CE is divided into a number of residential complexes... could you tell me which one(s) you think are possibly the less subject to Yappy or Howling dogs...?

MikeJ Mar 31st 2018 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ecobuild (Post 12473530)
Hello Everyone... I am very sensitive to noise (dogs, screaming kids etc...)...
It seems that CE is divided into a number of residential complexes... could you tell me which one(s) you think are possibly the less subject to Yappy or Howling dogs...?

This is Spain - noise is part of the wallpaper. If you want to avoid noise then you'll have to avoid Spain. Though having said that CE is probably as quiet as it gets!

bxpuser24710519 Mar 31st 2018 9:43 pm

I live on the edge of the Old Town, very quiet till the British holiday makers come next door. I used to live near Sevilla, same there very quiet 40 house Urb. The odd dog and a few scoots that was it other than one night in August all night party. It is amazing what you can get used to. Although screaming kids are harder to cope with for me. Can't see the need. We never did and neither did mine.

Ecobuild Apr 2nd 2018 1:34 pm

Yes I agree with you but that is an issue of the parents who have given up in raising their kids with some basic respect to others and proper value system...
Having said that my problem is that I "dont get use to it" and that is the reason why I am asking those specific questions...
So now excluding july and august (which I spend in a non touristic area) which are the quieter areas to get an apartment in CE...?
Also I was told that CE is particularly respectful of keeping the noises low as for example when occasionally there are dog barking it will last a couple of minutes as the owner will do what it take to keep that dog quiet... is that correct...?