Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Update

Costa Esuri Update

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Cheshire Lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Update

Hi All,

I bought pre-crisis, as from reading this thread I know some of you did also. I've not been in a position to get there for nearly 5 years now and I was just wondering how things are nowadays?

Are the course(s) open, I notice the clubhouse seemed to have been closed as at a year ago, still the same? I also see some photos that appear to show that the roads are abandoned with weeds poking through all over. I have lots of questions but if anyone is willing to give me a general update I would much appreciate it . If not maybe you could refer me to an active thread, blog or web site, I'd appreciate that too

I am thinking of moving over this year maybe next.

BTW does anyone know of a George Huntley and is he still around? I made his acquaintance in about 2002-3 but the last time I saw him was more than 5 years ago and we lost touch.

Cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cheshire Lad
Hi All,

I bought pre-crisis, as from reading this thread I know some of you did also. I've not been in a position to get there for nearly 5 years now and I was just wondering how things are nowadays?

Are the course(s) open, I notice the clubhouse seemed to have been closed as at a year ago, still the same? I also see some photos that appear to show that the roads are abandoned with weeds poking through all over. I have lots of questions but if anyone is willing to give me a general update I would much appreciate it . If not maybe you could refer me to an active thread, blog or web site, I'd appreciate that too

I am thinking of moving over this year maybe next.

BTW does anyone know of a George Huntley and is he still around? I made his acquaintance in about 2002-3 but the last time I saw him was more than 5 years ago and we lost touch.

Cheers
Hi, not sure where you are getting this info but as far as the Golf Course goes the West Course & the Club House have been up and running since the course was opened in 2006 while the East Course has been 'mothballed' for the last 2/3 years. I think you may have mixed the Club House with Jags (which did close a year ago) but this is soon to re-open.

There are now just over 1000 permanent residents living on CE and the roads and infrastructure are all fine last time I looked out the window.

George and Yvonne Huntley are still here from time to time and the best place to find him would be the Golf Club.

I'm sure you will get other updates after this post & most of the other Threads on The Ayamonte Club are active. Regards Bryony
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri Update

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks for reminding us full price payers how useful a crystal ball would have been
They keep telling me "there are no pockets in shrouds" so I have just got to "suck it up" that's life!
Old Mar 24th 2014, 9:29 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

We’ve really noticed a buzz around CE this time. More than ever and its only March.

There are more cars in the parking, more visitors looking at properties, we’ve several viewings over the past few weeks. New posters just gone up for villa sales, and a friend saw them filling up the showhome at Sea and Sand for we suppose/hope a new sales drive. Spanish are coming in more and snapping up the great deals on homes.

You can get a nice 2 bed/bath appt for 45K Euro!! (Las Colinas).With the pound +/-1.2 and at these prices one can can enjoy a slice of this wonderful part of the world for what I think is a crazy/wonderful price.

The 3 ‘big’ pieces of news in 2014 (that look good on the ‘tea leaves’) are:

1. The Golf complex and hotel and maybe even the sopping centre (pun intended ) taken over by a French company (allegedly). The millions they would need to invest means that this is great news as it would bring new life to the area and the entrance to to development cleaned up. The golf course(s) are essential and this kind of investment would mean they would not let the course go to pot.

2. The mayor says he has secured 4m + 1.7m bank guarantees for money to be sent on CE and according to him, this money is ring-fenced and effectively constrained to CE.

3. VV is coming to completion meaning that sometime soon we will regain the extra – social – alternative we had with Jags. Being Spanish run, it is doubly exciting as the GC is (currently) very ‘British’. We need to have the cultural alternative in this multi-cultural development. The menu will be Brit/Spanish - with perhaps an Italian Pasta/Pizza option on the terrace (allegedly)

Although I am excited at this news,and in NO WAY do I want to sound negative... but as friends will know in discussions, I am being a bit cautious regarding the timing of all this.

1) The current management have been given till April 1 to vacate. There are negotiations on this date... and there was a 'full staff meeting' late last week, but for me personally the ‘killer question’ is who has been approached for a job. No-one yet and that's only 1 week away. So I hesitate on TIMING only. Of course being a community there are other rumours as well - not worth publicising. But here in CE its biz as usual i.e ‘wait and see’.

2) The mayor has a history of promising goodies before elections never arrived.... The influx of voting Spanish makes CE more important than before. Especially as the mayor held on to a very slim majority. Based on the history I hope the opposition makes a strong play for the votes with a package that recognises the extra costs we pay and the lack of facilities we get. I certainly would vote for change if I could.

3) VV want to open before Easter. There is a week or 2 of work. But as usual they are waiting for some permissions from the town hall – heard that one before!

I think the news and outlook is good and we are all seeing an upturn and improvement, I am confident for the first time in years but cautiously so.

Lets hope that by Summer we have a clear plan for CE, Ayamonte and there will be the kind of investment needed by new business and also from the town hall.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 24th 2014 at 9:33 am.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Many thanks for the updates Jon.

Martin
Old Mar 24th 2014, 12:08 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Its a different world not so far away, this morning I had details of a 1 bed 1 bath in Lagos ( western Algarve ) which ha just been increased to E85,000.
This is cheap for a resort property.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EMR
Its a different world not so far away, this morning I had details of a 1 bed 1 bath in Lagos ( western Algarve ) which ha just been increased to E85,000.
Its called supply and demand,and there's lots of supply at Esuri,but they are selling,and at great prices,plus its a fantastic place to have a home and holiday,being on the border with portugal you get two enjoy both.

Ken.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We’ve really noticed a buzz around CE this time. More than ever and its only March.

There are more cars in the parking, more visitors looking at properties, we’ve several viewings over the past few weeks. New posters just gone up for villa sales, and a friend saw them filling up the showhome at Sea and Sand for we suppose/hope a new sales drive. Spanish are coming in more and snapping up the great deals on homes.

You can get a nice 2 bed/bath appt for 45K Euro!! (Las Colinas).With the pound +/-1.2 and at these prices one can can enjoy a slice of this wonderful part of the world for what I think is a crazy/wonderful price.

The 3 ‘big’ pieces of news in 2014 (that look good on the ‘tea leaves’) are:

1. The Golf complex and hotel and maybe even the sopping centre (pun intended ) taken over by a French company (allegedly). The millions they would need to invest means that this is great news as it would bring new life to the area and the entrance to to development cleaned up. The golf course(s) are essential and this kind of investment would mean they would not let the course go to pot.

2. The mayor says he has secured 4m + 1.7m bank guarantees for money to be sent on CE and according to him, this money is ring-fenced and effectively constrained to CE.

3. VV is coming to completion meaning that sometime soon we will regain the extra – social – alternative we had with Jags. Being Spanish run, it is doubly exciting as the GC is (currently) very ‘British’. We need to have the cultural alternative in this multi-cultural development. The menu will be Brit/Spanish - with perhaps an Italian Pasta/Pizza option on the terrace (allegedly)

Although I am excited at this news,and in NO WAY do I want to sound negative... but as friends will know in discussions, I am being a bit cautious regarding the timing of all this.

1) The current management have been given till April 1 to vacate. There are negotiations on this date... and there was a 'full staff meeting' late last week, but for me personally the ‘killer question’ is who has been approached for a job. No-one yet and that's only 1 week away. So I hesitate on TIMING only. Of course being a community there are other rumours as well - not worth publicising. But here in CE its biz as usual i.e ‘wait and see’.

2) The mayor has a history of promising goodies before elections never arrived.... The influx of voting Spanish makes CE more important than before. Especially as the mayor held on to a very slim majority. Based on the history I hope the opposition makes a strong play for the votes with a package that recognises the extra costs we pay and the lack of facilities we get. I certainly would vote for change if I could.

3) VV want to open before Easter. There is a week or 2 of work. But as usual they are waiting for some permissions from the town hall – heard that one before!

I think the news and outlook is good and we are all seeing an upturn and improvement, I am confident for the first time in years but cautiously so.

Lets hope that by Summer we have a clear plan for CE, Ayamonte and there will be the kind of investment needed by new business and also from the town hall.

Jon
4). Do you know if they are still going ahead with the proposed water-world,
Which would also be a major boost for the area(including jobs etc). Regards
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Cheshire Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, not sure where you are getting this info but as far as the Golf Course goes the West Course & the Club House have been up and running since the course was opened in 2006 while the East Course has been 'mothballed' for the last 2/3 years. I think you may have mixed the Club House with Jags (which did close a year ago) but this is soon to re-open.

There are now just over 1000 permanent residents living on CE and the roads and infrastructure are all fine last time I looked out the window.

George and Yvonne Huntley are still here from time to time and the best place to find him would be the Golf Club.

I'm sure you will get other updates after this post & most of the other Threads on The Ayamonte Club are active. Regards Bryony

Thanks Bryony, the photo I saw was on an agents web-site, your message and others below give me a lot of reassurance about my intended move and the misgivings I had have been replaced by feelings of anticipation.

This is a great Forum, I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner but glad I eventually did!

Best regards,
David
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi David, glad to be of help. Look forward to meeting you in the future. B

Irlanda, re the Water Park, work is anticipated to start this Summer and open next. Just waiting on paperwork we have been told
Old Mar 27th 2014, 11:34 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Lagos is a wonderful place with great infrastructure and beauty.

So this post isnt in any way about competition between areas.

Another positive sign here is that the villas on the golf course are nearly all sold now (in the 'Jags complex' - must stop calling it that!).

I saw a villa with an asking price of just under 140K! Detached house 3 beds (maybe 4) garden with pool possibility and on the course overlooking the greenery the river and the natural park in Portugal... and peaceful and with 2 countries/cultures on the doorstep!

People should really think again about the area as buying now has (IMHO) little financial downside and a huge emotional/fun upside. 45K for a 2 bed/bath appartment on the hill overlooking golf river and Portugal is a steal!

And hopefully what is helping to make this area 'up-and-coming'

Jon
Old Mar 28th 2014, 12:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. May do a detour whilst in Spain
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I have just seen this on Facebook

The person who has posted it is from the PP Party in the Town Hall

FADESA vende el C. Comercial y el Hotel d ‪#‎CotaEsuriAyamonte‬ a una empresa para que ésta termine y explote los mismos.

Ahora sí se abrirán y tendrá más vida Costa Esuri.

Sólo espero que el Equipo de Gobierno PSOE no ponga impedimentos, como siempre hace, a cada iniciativa empresaria. Espero que ya q no existe ningún impedimento urbanístico, se les concedan los permisos con la máxima rapidez para q cuanto antes generen empleo en Ayamonte y actividad en Costa Esuri.

@albertofdezpp: now Yes.

FADESA sold the C. Comercial & Hotel d #CotaEsuriAyamonte a company to be complete and explode them.

Now if they will open and you will have more life Costa Esuri.

I just hope that the PSOE Government team do not place impediments, as he always does, to each initiative entrepreneur. I hope that q there is no urban planning impediment, granted them permits quickly for q sooner they generate employment in Ayamonte and activity in Costa Esuri. (Translated by Bing)
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
I have just seen this on Facebook

The person who has posted it is from the PP Party in the Town Hall

FADESA vende el C. Comercial y el Hotel d ‪#‎CotaEsuriAyamonte‬ a una empresa para que ésta termine y explote los mismos.

Ahora sí se abrirán y tendrá más vida Costa Esuri.

Sólo espero que el Equipo de Gobierno PSOE no ponga impedimentos, como siempre hace, a cada iniciativa empresaria. Espero que ya q no existe ningún impedimento urbanístico, se les concedan los permisos con la máxima rapidez para q cuanto antes generen empleo en Ayamonte y actividad en Costa Esuri.

@albertofdezpp: now Yes.

FADESA sold the C. Comercial & Hotel d #CotaEsuriAyamonte a company to be complete and explode them.

Now if they will open and you will have more life Costa Esuri.

I just hope that the PSOE Government team do not place impediments, as he always does, to each initiative entrepreneur. I hope that q there is no urban planning impediment, granted them permits quickly for q sooner they generate employment in Ayamonte and activity in Costa Esuri. (Translated by Bing)
Can you post a link to the Facebook page guesswork? No mention of the golf courses though.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Can you post a link to the Facebook page guesswork? No mention of the golf courses though.
I did try but for some reason its not a full url

Go on FBook and look up his name or Chris Truter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.