Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Update

Costa Esuri Update

Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Costa Esuri Update

To add to the euphoria that comes with Spring I thought I would mention that several plots seem to be showing signs of activity and also 2/3 villa's on either side of what was Jags are sold. Hopefully the trend will continue all over Esuri and, with regard to the villa's, if more sell maybe the clubhouse will take on its original use. Regards Bryony
Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Update

Originally Posted by MikeCol
To add to the euphoria that comes with Spring I thought I would mention that several plots seem to be showing signs of activity and also 2/3 villa's on either side of what was Jags are sold. Hopefully the trend will continue all over Esuri and, with regard to the villa's, if more sell maybe the clubhouse will take on its original use. Regards Bryony
That's great news! Thanks Bryony.

In these times of recession, if anybody has some finances then its an incredible time to buy in a wonderful area. Those villas were at one time maxing in the 600K bracket.. you can get one now with front line golf (+ river + Portugal + natural park) views and pool potential for quite a bit less than a third of that! (Last time I heard) The apartments are selling at crazy prices. Again, around about a third in some cases. Although I haven't checked, I suppose villa plots are 'going cheap' too and one can build a dream home there - for a great price. Getting labour to build it is no problem. (Guess who bought pre-crisis? )

The clubhouse, with professional management and the right strategy could/should be a highly successful business concern and wonderful centre of social life in Esuri for all residents. With its current monopoly position they need to capitalise on this, so that when competition does come (and we all hope it does, and we have more choice in Esuri) - they will have already cemented their position for the future. It makes business sense. Like(d) it or not Jags was very well frequented, and as I suggested in other threads, IMHO, there is a wonderful money-making business potential for at least one other resto-bar business today in CE.

We, who are in it for the long term - hope to see a gradual improvement over the duration. Even though it will never reach the 'pre-crisis vision' it will, I hope, be 'gettin' better all the time!'

We are also very happy to tell everyone that even in the current multi-dip situation, we still love spending several months a year there... We believe it can only improve from here, re the facilities and choice within walking distance from home - and future improvements within a short drive. This week I am hosting a 'lads weekend' in CE with 3 good long term buddies from both sides of the US and Europe and am sure we will have a blast, with LOADS of things to do. Errr however, with food and drink prices so amazing, I'm not sure how much they will remember the 'morning after' We could have met anywhere in Europe, and have done so annually, but I was happy to suggest CE, confident in the fact that we are bound to have a great laugh!

Any improvement is good news - thanks again for the update.

Jon
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri Update

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
That's great news! Thanks Bryony. villas were at one time maxing in the 600K bracket.. you can get one now with front line golf (+ river + Portugal + natural park) views and pool potential for quite a bit less than a third of that! (Last time I heard)Jon
OUCH
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
OUCH
Welcome to the pre-crisis club.... 'sorrow drowning' available however, at great prices

Jon
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the pre-crisis club.... 'sorrow drowning' available however, at great prices

Jon
Your on! Monday Club 18.00hrs prompt. Tell Bill!
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:38 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Your on! Monday Club 18.00hrs prompt. Tell Bill!
No need to tell him, we get a bollo**ing from him if we are there later than 18:00 for Monday club

BTW re house prices one cant apply the same rules for the more standard 'mass-produced' homes (like ours) - to the unique + gorgeous villas, others have created!

Meaning .... 'your round'
Jon
Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No need to tell him, we get a bollo**ing from him if we are there later than 18:00 for Monday club

BTW re house prices one cant apply the same rules for the more standard 'mass-produced' homes (like ours) - to the unique + gorgeous villas, others have created!

Meaning .... 'your round'
Jon
Your on.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 1:31 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news - we have also shown an interest and left our details in relation to a house on Esuri and all being well (if our mortgage is approved) we will also be joining you all at some point soon - fingers crossed that is - it was lovely to finally put a face to your name Bryony - take care all xxxxx
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Fantastic news - we have also shown an interest and left our details in relation to a house on Esuri and all being well (if our mortgage is approved) we will also be joining you all at some point soon - fingers crossed that is - it was lovely to finally put a face to your name Bryony - take care all xxxxx
Hi Sam, it was good to meet you too and I hope everything works out fine for you, regards Bryony
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:13 am
Just Joined

pmcx9 is an unknown quantity at this point

The apartments are selling at crazy prices. Again, around about a third in some cases.
Jon
Its ages since I have been to CE. Could you give me a link to an apartment for sale in a block you know to be nice and a likely obtainable price?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmcx9
Its ages since I have been to CE. Could you give me a link to an apartment for sale in a block you know to be nice and a likely obtainable price?

Thanks.
These people are selling all over Esuri They are friends but I have no commercial affiliation. They speak English

http://www.vinculosdelsuroeste.com/
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:04 pm
BE Positive

Thanks.
Hi The place to buy apartments is from the various banks that have taken them over and want them off their books.

In Marina Esuri there is a poster selling apartments from CajaSur from 68K. The Sun and Sea apartments are cheap at 48K up to 95K for the penthouses with amazing views.

Fadesa are selling as well and you have to go to their shed. Going straight to the banks/Fadesa saves you some commission charges.

I have no links, sorry, as you need to go direct to the banks. But MichaelH on the forum is a good contact for property buying and the various agencies in town will have offers too.

I suggest you come over for a few days and check it all out... if you are serious ..... and nothing beats seeing it with 'naked eyes'

Good luck

Jon

Ps just noticed a new thread just started and on the front page re estate agents..... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795258

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 28th 2013 at 4:06 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi The place to buy apartments is from the various banks that have taken them over and want them off their books.

In Marina Esuri there is a poster selling apartments from CajaSur from 68K. The Sun and Sea apartments are cheap at 48K up to 95K for the penthouses with amazing views.

Fadesa are selling as well and you have to go to their shed. Going straight to the banks/Fadesa saves you some commission charges.

I have no links, sorry, as you need to go direct to the banks. But MichaelH on the forum is a good contact for property buying and the various agencies in town will have offers too.

I suggest you come over for a few days and check it all out... if you are serious ..... and nothing beats seeing it with 'naked eyes'

Good luck

Jon

Ps just noticed a new thread just started and on the front page re estate agents..... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795258
Jon is offering you sound advice about going over to look at what is on offer. It's not just about buying based on price. You could get a real "bargain" only to find that the manzana it's on is not well maintained due to a lack of community fees being paid. It will be very apparent which are the ones to focus your search on.
Good luck
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

pmcx9 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for advice guys. I nearly bought an apartment a good while back for 178k euros so it seems incredible if they are going for as little as a 1/3rd of that price now.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

thanks for advice guys. I nearly bought an apartment a good while back for 178k euros so it seems incredible if they are going for as little as a 1/3rd of that price now.
Thanks for reminding us full price payers how useful a crystal ball would have been

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.