Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:22 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
The great thing about this world is that everybody is entitled to an opinion. I think that the taxis are quite dear - you do not. I would use a decent bus service, you would not and would prefer to use a car at all times.

I know lots of people who would use a bus service and would not hire a car. I don't think that would make for a restricted holiday - but that's opinions for you - nobody is necessarily 'correct'!

Simply saying that taxis have been that price for years doesn't make you or Philwren correct. I have heard the argument 'it has been like that for years' countless times in relation to bankers bonuses and MP's expenses, it didn't in many peoples eyes make either of those correct. Whatever, we are going off the point, the thread isn't about taxis it is about buses

I'm not holding my breath - I'm just saying that a bus would be nice and I don't think that the Ayamonte/Esuri taxi drivers should be bothered because I can't see it hurting them at all and it would perhaps do the opposite.

ps I don't use the terms milking and ripping off as inter-changeable in any way; Milking, ie taking advantage of prevailing circumstances (ie no bus service); Ripping off - fraudulent or dishonest activity often some form of con.
agree with you about bus service and its use. If its there then people will use it, if it is advertised (properly) more people will use it. Don't advertise it so people don't know about it then you might as well not run it.

we live 33k from Granada at the moment and seriously considered CE area. Yes it is really nice to take our car into town leaving here and the town when we feel like it.
but we prefer to use the bus, of which there is one per hour each way.
the cost of petrol, cost of parking all add up, but we have bus cards and put €20 on at a time, a journey (in or out) costs €1.80 each way. Even for 2 thats less than the parking.
The only bug is if we do large volume shopping at Alcampo - which is currently every 6 weeks, but we usually park there and get in internal city bus to visit other places (again a card - €0.80 per journey, dropping to €0.50 if re-used within 50mins, after that Free.)
OK so in the UK we would have a free ticket if travelling outside certain times, but most hard up expats can afford those prices can't they

similarly when flying from Malaga we catch buses - €12 each way or €14 for the supra if you want breakfast.

we think nothing of using the bus, many have wifi onboard so you can log-in to BES enroute.

Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Nobody opposes a bus service.But not having a car and relying on a bus service limited to working hours would be a very restricted holiday.Also the term "milking people " equals ripping them off in my book,so not helpful.So if I had a car which you really do need on CE and a bus service, I think I would use the car! By the way has anyone thought about getting a petition up to present to the town hall about a bus service? At the moment it seems
the protests about no service are very fragmented and people need to come together.
We got up a petition to save JAGS and look what happened there...
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
The great thing about this world is that everybody is entitled to an opinion. I think that the taxis are quite dear - you do not. I would use a decent bus service, you would not and would prefer to use a car at all times.

I know lots of people who would use a bus service and would not hire a car. I don't think that would make for a restricted holiday - but that's opinions for you - nobody is necessarily 'correct'!

Simply saying that taxis have been that price for years doesn't make you or Philwren correct. I have heard the argument 'it has been like that for years' countless times in relation to bankers bonuses and MP's expenses, it didn't in many peoples eyes make either of those correct. Whatever, we are going off the point, the thread isn't about taxis it is about buses

I'm not holding my breath - I'm just saying that a bus would be nice and I don't think that the Ayamonte/Esuri taxi drivers should be bothered because I can't see it hurting them at all and it would perhaps do the opposite.

ps I don't use the terms milking and ripping off as inter-changeable in any way; Milking, ie taking advantage of prevailing circumstances (ie no bus service); Ripping off - fraudulent or dishonest activity often some form of con.
I agreed with you that a bus service would be good, so don't know why you think otherwise.I am just explaining the difficulties of getting sufficient people to use it to make it viable.
By the way you should look up rip off in the dictionary. It means to overpay for something.Biti like milking someone really.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
I agreed with you that a bus service would be good, so don't know why you think otherwise.I am just explaining the difficulties of getting sufficient people to use it to make it viable.
By the way you should look up rip off in the dictionary. It means to overpay for something.Biti like milking someone really.
This is getting quite silly. I was miss-quoted and, to avoid further confusion explained my wording. I have now been incorrectly corrected about a word I never, in point of fact, even used!

The Oxford English Dictionary (rather than some of the slightly more accessible but often inaccurate internet sites) verbatim definition of the term rip off is 1) a fraud or swindle 2) Financial Exploitation

I have not used the term rip off to describe anything or anyone on here. I really don't know why you are getting your knickers in such a knot about it other than trying to pick me up on some sort of intellectual high ground.

As I have mentioned previously, I am originally from Germany and therefore my written English is not as good as many who post on this site; but my points are still valid - surely?

Can we get back to the big ugly things with lots of wheels....

Last edited by mrtrumper; Oct 15th 2013 at 9:52 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Frank Bourne is an unknown quantity at this point

I never thought that my ( serious plans ) for CE would cause such a stirr.
I really find it a shame that they did not go through.
As for you Bill and some of your stupid comments I have found out you are not a person to be trusted and really hope that the residents of CE will soon see the true you. I had always treid to work with you and even treid to send work in your direction for your ( illegal ) transfere service and even used you myself and all you can do is stab in the back. WELL DONE fine freind!!!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

By the way Bill get your facts right as to where I am.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 6:44 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Someone doing illegal airport runs on Esuri...surely not. They would get reported
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread should be shut down now. Its been IMO extremely depressing for us... and the 'other stuff' that was revealed outside the bus topic.

Once again we are having public accusations of illegality.. which I always forget is potentially libel.. err or is it slander (MT gave me a perfect definition - but I have a hole in the head for those words). There is infighting going on etc etc.

Anyway my personal sadness for this thread isnt' enough to close it. So lets look at the facts.
  1. The OP who started the thread has left Esuri and I believe Ayamonte. (And we are on the Ayamonte Club sub-forum). He has confirmed that he will not do this service.
  2. The summer bus service that actually appeared (out of 'nowhere') .. was a step forward for CE.... but has closed down for nearly 2 months.

Time move on?

Jon
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

It was never my intension to get prsonel on this site but if I am attacked I will protect my self. Agian I am sorry that I could not give you the service that you deserve and maybe someone will carry on for where I left off. There is nothing stopping someone else starting the service that I was granted permission for.
Maybe it is something Phil could do alongside his Taxi service then he would have it all in his hand and close the door for others and give you your service even if it is not as often as I was going to do it. Maybe he could offer a combi minibusbus taxi ticket. Another option would be for him to run a taxi bus like it is done in Turkey ( Dolmus bus ) where he drives a route and other people just give him a sign and join the bus and pay their part of the fare.
If do do this Phil it would be a legal alternative for you and CE and I wish you good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I think this thread should be shut down now. Its been IMO extremely depressing for us... and the 'other stuff' that was revealed outside the bus topic.

Once again we are having public accusations of illegality.. which I always forget is potentially libel.. err or is it slander (MT gave me a perfect definition - but I have a hole in the head for those words). There is infighting going on etc etc.

Anyway my personal sadness for this thread isnt' enough to close it. So lets look at the facts.
  1. The OP who started the thread has left Esuri and I believe Ayamonte. (And we are on the Ayamonte Club sub-forum). He has confirmed that he will not do this service.
  2. The summer bus service that actually appeared (out of 'nowhere') .. was a step forward for CE.... but has closed down for nearly 2 months.

Time move on?

Jon
have to agree with u Jon, all that will come is personal mud-slinging which is a poor show all round

but you may remember that I did say the sudden rush to provide an alternative (and potentially poorer quality) service was being done as a spoiler for the new proposed venture. I also said that too many people seemed to know what was being discussed in back parlours about what to a greater extent was a commercially confidential matter.
A lesson for anyone wishing to start a business venture in the area.

`
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Domino, no one seems to have come out good in this thread, left a nasty taste
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:27 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told on my last visit at the end of March that there was a bus service from Costa Esuri to Ayamonte/Isla Canela starting in the Summer 2014.. Does anyone know if this true? I have some friends staying soon and wanted to give them info if possible?
Old May 2nd 2014, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
I was told on my last visit at the end of March that there was a bus service from Costa Esuri to Ayamonte/Isla Canela starting in the Summer 2014.. Does anyone know if this true? I have some friends staying soon and wanted to give them info if possible?
Not true at least no info yet.
Old May 2nd 2014, 3:56 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Not true at least no info yet.
OK.. thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 6:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
Quote From the minutes of the recent CERA/Town hall meeting. No idea if its just a summer service like last year, or better. The route(s) look great I have to say. Perhaps a CERA representative can post the minutes on the CERA thread? There are some interesting points from that meeting.

Jon

A bus service is being implemented covering the route Monte Gordo-Castro Marín- Vilareal-Costa Esuri- Ayamonte (Plaza)-Ayamonte Bus station)- Isla Canela.
It is intended to star working before the end of June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.