Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

So, Frank, do you still have the permission for the limited service to La Plaza? As your service was going to be different from the one put forward by Damas, why don't you still do it, with or without the support from CERA? We would support and use it.
Kath
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
So, Frank, do you still have the permission for the limited service to La Plaza? As your service was going to be different from the one put forward by Damas, why don't you still do it, with or without the support from CERA? We would support and use it.
Kath
Kath plank is now 648k away..Probably trying to set up a high speed rail link from Cartagena to Madrid..
Old Oct 12th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Philwren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Kath plank is now 648k away..Probably trying to set up a high speed rail link from Cartagena to Madrid..
Old Oct 12th 2013, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philwren
Old Oct 12th 2013, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Frank Bourne
I would just like to straighten out a few points.
1 I am not running away as someone is stating on CE that I have gone with a lot of debts like my electricity being cut off all not true but a mistake from Endesa and was put on again.

2 I had the permission for a limited service to La Plaza. ( as a first )

3 There was no lack of finance as no finance was needed.

4 Lack of support from CERA who could support Damas and pay for a non service but could not support me free of charge.

If you have any more questions please let me know and I will gladly answer them for you.

And thanks again for the support from some of the residents there on CE.

Rgds
Frank
Frank..I dont really have anymore questions but would like to pick you up on point 3 NO FINANCE WAS NEEDED. Did you not ask me when I took you to the Airport at Faro, If I knew any car dealers that would do a straight swop for your Car ( probably worth a couple of grand ) and the caravan that was parked outside Encinas worth no more than 1500€ For a bus. I said at the time that there was no way you would buy a bus for that sort of money,and you said "" I want one like yours "". Mine being a van with extra seats in it..You promised the residents of Esurie a Bus service to Ayamonte before you even had permissions before you even had a bus, Before you even found financial backing.Who in there right mind would finance such a project..it wouldn't even cover the cost of public liability Insurance..Frank I have lived in Spain for 30 years I have seen dreamers come and go but you are the biggest dreamer of them all.. You have done nothing but moan about CERA, yes they met up with you, and then wouldn't return your calls they probably thought you were from the planet zogg Good luck in Cartagena..Bill..
Old Oct 13th 2013, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Love it
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Frank..I dont really have anymore questions but would like to pick you up on point 3 NO FINANCE WAS NEEDED. Did you not ask me when I took you to the Airport at Faro, If I knew any car dealers that would do a straight swop for your Car ( probably worth a couple of grand ) and the caravan that was parked outside Encinas worth no more than 1500€ For a bus. I said at the time that there was no way you would buy a bus for that sort of money,and you said "" I want one like yours "". Mine being a van with extra seats in it..You promised the residents of Esurie a Bus service to Ayamonte before you even had permissions before you even had a bus, Before you even found financial backing.Who in there right mind would finance such a project..it wouldn't even cover the cost of public liability Insurance..Frank I have lived in Spain for 30 years I have seen dreamers come and go but you are the biggest dreamer of them all.. You have done nothing but moan about CERA, yes they met up with you, and then wouldn't return your calls they probably thought you were from the planet zogg Good luck in Cartagena..Bill..
Thank you for that Bill, perhaps all the conspiracy theorists will now try and find out all the true facts before they post, regards Bryony
Old Oct 14th 2013, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Did you just affirm your own post?! That's a little bit like laughing at your own jokes (which I am almost certain you wouldn't do).

I don't know Frank well enough to know whether he was a 'dreamer' or not. What I do know is:-

1) What happened with the summer bus service was extremely odd timing; and

2) The summer bus service was badly operated and marketed. If the town hall won't allow a 'proper' bus service I really find it hard to believe that it should be so difficult to get a service that runs in a loop from Esuri, drops off at the supermarket, drops off in Ayamonte and then drops off in Isla Canela. It could run on a hourly loop and would be very useful in my opinion. It is pleasant not to have to use a car and although the taxi drivers are pleasant I think they charge too much and drive too fast on the whole (there are limited exceptions)

3) The sort of service mentioned above would be very useful and as such should be forwarded, backed and supported wholeheartedly by all who Stand for Esuri and Champion its needs - In my opinion.

4) A good bus/minibus service would in my opinion benefit all. Even if you had no intention of using the service it would be seen as a vital facility for many buying on esuri and could therefore increase values. The service would be of real benefit to 'renters' who are unfamiliar with local shops and routes. It also has community and wider benefits. I pay my taxes in the UK and that allows my Council to run and maintain bus services which run on a 'losing money' basis. I haven't used a bus here for many moons but when I drive past the stop closest to me I see elderly peeps lining up for there free ride into town. I don't bemoan them that at all. I feel good that my small contribution has helped. We pay enough in taxes in Esuri to demand a bus service. If I wanted my elderly relatives to visit esuri at the moment I would have to go with them., They would love a fortnight in the sun but they wouldn't want to drive so I would have to go too. They would love a trip but they would want, no expect a bus service. What of all the Spanish families who are moving into and have moved into Esuri?

5) It will be interesting to see if the limited bus service runs again next summer.

I think a bus is a good idea. If you are on holiday for a fortnight and go out for six meals you would be paying around 120 euro just in taxi fares alone presuming you wanted to have a drink. I do hope that this is not the root cause as to why we do not have a bus service. That it comes down to money; that we are being milked by the taxi drivers and that it is a simple case of protectionism?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

[Q

I think a bus is a good idea. If you are on holiday for a fortnight and go out for six meals you would be paying around 120 euro just in taxi fares alone presuming you wanted to have a drink. I do hope that this is not the root cause as to why we do not have a bus service. That it comes down to money; that we are being milked by the taxi drivers and that it is a simple case of protectionism?[/QUOTE]

If I was going for a meal in Ayamonte in the evening in the summer,it would not be much before 10.00 pm. So I would be looking for a bus back about 12ish. Thats not going to happen, whoever starts a bus service,So
taxis it is. If you have been milked by taxi drivers then your getting in the wrong ones.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
[Q

I think a bus is a good idea. If you are on holiday for a fortnight and go out for six meals you would be paying around 120 euro just in taxi fares alone presuming you wanted to have a drink. I do hope that this is not the root cause as to why we do not have a bus service. That it comes down to money; that we are being milked by the taxi drivers and that it is a simple case of protectionism?
If I was going for a meal in Ayamonte in the evening in the summer,it would not be much before 10.00 pm. So I would be looking for a bus back about 12ish. Thats not going to happen, whoever starts a bus service,So
taxis it is. If you have been milked by taxi drivers then your getting in the wrong ones.[/QUOTE]

Well said Shirley and Anthony
Old Oct 14th 2013, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

taxis it is. If you have been milked by taxi drivers then your getting in the wrong ones.

Well said Shirley and Anthony[/QUOTE]

You would still get the bus in though! It could well create more work for the taxis! So if I am getting in the wrong taxis Phil, how much do you charge for a trip into town in your taxi? perhaps you could save me some money?

taxis obviously have there place. they are not a reason not to have a bus service in my opinion.

Last edited by mrtrumper; Oct 14th 2013 at 6:32 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
Well said Shirley and Anthony

You would still get the bus in though! It could well create more work for the taxis! So if I am getting in the wrong taxis Phil, how much do you charge for a trip into town in your taxi? perhaps you could save me some money?

taxis obviously have there place. they are not a reason not to have a bus service in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I never said that Shirley and Antony did...... And I have never opposed a bus service it was quite good for the residents and holiday makers (and the taxis) over the summer..... But I don't see how you can call 10 euros a rip off from esuri to town though, it's been that price for many many years, and we tried to save people money over the summer with loyalty schemes offering free rides and discounts, I am not advertising here I am just answering the question.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

I never said that Shirley and Antony did...... And I have never opposed a bus service it was quite good for the residents and holiday makers (and the taxis) over the summer..... But I don't see how you can call 10 euros a rip off from esuri to town though, it's been that price for many many years, and we tried to save people money over the summer with loyalty schemes offering free rides and discounts, I am not advertising here I am just answering the question.
Who called ten euros a rip off!? I have paid 15 before which is too expensive. I think ten is still a little heavy - but that's me. I said that some but not all taxis charge too much. You are missing the point. Having a taxi service can not fill the gap that having no bus service creates. A bus service would mean that people could have a holiday without needing to rent a car and because of a) the need; and b) the taxes we pay; I think that a regular bus service is a small thing to ask for from the local Council.

I would never bemoan you some free advertising! You provide a very friendly service. I just think a bus service would be very useful and I see no reason why we can't have both!?

Last edited by mrtrumper; Oct 15th 2013 at 7:44 am.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
Who called ten euros a rip off!? I have paid 15 before which is too expensive. I think ten is still a little heavy - but that's me. I said that some but not all taxis charge too much. You are missing the point. Having a taxi service can not fill the gap that having no bus service creates. A bus service would mean that people could have a holiday without needing to rent a car and because of a) the need; and b) the taxes we pay; I think that a regular bus service is a small thing to ask for from the local Council.

I would never bemoan you some free advertising! You provide a very friendly service. I just think a bus service would be very useful and I see no reason why we can't have both!?
Nobody opposes a bus service.But not having a car and relying on a bus service limited to working hours would be a very restricted holiday.Also the term "milking people " equals ripping them off in my book,so not helpful.So if I had a car which you really do need on CE and a bus service, I think I would use the car! By the way has anyone thought about getting a petition up to present to the town hall about a bus service? At the moment it seems
the protests about no service are very fragmented and people need to come together.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Nobody opposes a bus service.But not having a car and relying on a bus service limited to working hours would be a very restricted holiday.Also the term "milking people " equals ripping them off in my book,so not helpful.So if I had a car which you really do need on CE and a bus service, I think I would use the car! By the way has anyone thought about getting a petition up to present to the town hall about a bus service? At the moment it seems
the protests about no service are very fragmented and people need to come together.
The great thing about this world is that everybody is entitled to an opinion. I think that the taxis are quite dear - you do not. I would use a decent bus service, you would not and would prefer to use a car at all times.

I know lots of people who would use a bus service and would not hire a car. I don't think that would make for a restricted holiday - but that's opinions for you - nobody is necessarily 'correct'!

Simply saying that taxis have been that price for years doesn't make you or Philwren correct. I have heard the argument 'it has been like that for years' countless times in relation to bankers bonuses and MP's expenses, it didn't in many peoples eyes make either of those correct. Whatever, we are going off the point, the thread isn't about taxis it is about buses

I'm not holding my breath - I'm just saying that a bus would be nice and I don't think that the Ayamonte/Esuri taxi drivers should be bothered because I can't see it hurting them at all and it would perhaps do the opposite.

ps I don't use the terms milking and ripping off as inter-changeable in any way; Milking, ie taking advantage of prevailing circumstances (ie no bus service); Ripping off - fraudulent or dishonest activity often some form of con.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.