Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

So why all the glee because he failed
Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
I think you will find that it was nothing to do with whether your face fits or not. It was more to do with someone having a good idea but, due to lack of finances, not being able to get it up and running.
I never said that it was to do with face fitting as I said to an outsider that is what it looked like.

Yes jackytoo I wondered that, does not read as very nice at all. But then I have been told before to keep my nose out of Esuri business as I don't live there.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:48 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Did it not sound a just a bit too good to be true.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I never said that it was to do with face fitting as I said to an outsider that is what it looked like.

Yes jackytoo I wondered that, does not read as very nice at all. But then I have been told before to keep my nose out of Esuri business as I don't live there.
Monday CLUB STARTS AT 6PM Every Monday New guests are allways welcome..We have a guest speaker there next Monday (JON BXL )
Old Oct 11th 2013, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you inviting me to the Monday Club ? who runs it ? who is it aimed at and what is the purpose of it ?

Whether his idea sounded to good or not, it is shame if he has left this site. Many ideas never come to fruition but at least he seemed to try.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jackytoo
So why all the glee because he failed
I have no idea. Very strange. I would be very surprised if we get an answer to that though.

Time, effort, money - all given and gone. I have nothing but respect and sympathy for Frank and think that his service would have been very useful.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I am not full of glee that he has failed: I am sad that it didn't work out. i too have respect for him and sympathy that it didn't work out. I was looking forward to his bus service. I fear that now we will never get one.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Philwren is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a shame that franks idea didn't take off but with out the finances to get it started it was never going to happen. This doesn't mean esuri will never get a full time bus service, the damas service was never going to work with their schedules and the size of bus they used. What is needed is a correctly scheduled service that carries the full approval and licence to drop off in town, maybe damas are the only bus company that will ever be granted permission for this and I doubt they will be interested in carrying this service out in the near future seeing this summers service was seemingly a waste of time and money...... Maybe a shared car scheme for the winter months could work?
Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

As we write the epitaph of this extremely sorry tale, I think we should be careful not to 'brush this off' as failing due to some simple poor financial planning.

As I mentioned back in post 249 this thread has revealed some very sad and telling things about our community and its 'players' & 'leaders'.

We now have a new thread on the AC 'Fadesa and town hall meeting' which also reveals some of these issues.

Whether we can solve these issues or not, this revealing thread and the 'Fadesa and town hall meeting' thread (and others) shows that we have concerned citizens not willing to brush this off (under the carpet) - even taking the initiative and going to the mayor and asking him to explain his actions!

Jon

'Fadesa and town hall meeting': http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811852

Post 249:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=249

Final paragraphs of 249:
However this has been a sad chapter in my view, the worst since I've been here. For what has been revealed. And if people like Domino (a forum regular) has even cancelled plans to retire here - that is sadly a negative confirmation of that.

But the positives still outweigh the negatives for me and we are looking forward to our next trip.

Monday club: A great place to meet and have a few beers

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 12th 2013 at 5:31 am.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Frank Bourne is an unknown quantity at this point

Not due to lack of finance! But due to lack of support!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I thought that you did have support but that another service got there before you. unfortunately that other service wasn't right for a number of reasons (eg size of buses and difficult schedule). I was looking forward to your service starting in July but that didn't happen
Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Frank Bourne is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to straighten out a few points.
1 I am not running away as someone is stating on CE that I have gone with a lot of debts like my electricity being cut off all not true but a mistake from Endesa and was put on again.

2 I had the permission for a limited service to La Plaza. ( as a first )

3 There was no lack of finance as no finance was needed.

4 Lack of support from CERA who could support Damas and pay for a non service but could not support me free of charge.

If you have any more questions please let me know and I will gladly answer them for you.

And thanks again for the support from some of the residents there on CE.

Rgds
Frank
Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Business opportunities are like buses, there is always another one coming.

Though this may, somewhat unfortunately, not be true at the moment in CE bearing in mind there are no buses at all; lets hope the next business venture is more wholeheartedly welcomed by Esuri, Ayamonte and the local politicians.....

I don't really know what has gone on here other than I had a few trips on the bus and it was such a nice change to be able to sit in Ayamontte and not have a car in town.

Still a beautiful place to be for me though......even with all the shenanigans!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah hello Frank, so the post that said you had left the site was a lie. I am making no more comment on this.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 4:27 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank Bourne
I would just like to straighten out a few points.
1 I am not running away as someone is stating on CE that I have gone with a lot of debts like my electricity being cut off all not true but a mistake from Endesa and was put on again.

2 I had the permission for a limited service to La Plaza. ( as a first )

3 There was no lack of finance as no finance was needed.

4 Lack of support from CERA who could support Damas and pay for a non service but could not support me free of charge.

If you have any more questions please let me know and I will gladly answer them for you.

And thanks again for the support from some of the residents there on CE.

Rgds
Frank
Hi Frank,

I have to admit I don't understand; just what difference to a bus service would the backing of CERA make (apart from the obvious fact there was another bus service "competing" at the most lucrative time of year)?

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.