Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Frank Bourne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Many thanks Domino. As to your decision not to buy here I would not like to comment. I just find it a pity that I can no longer welcome people like you on board. Good luck for your future house search.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
There are 2 posts asking if the Damas bus service has stopped as of 1/9. No answers. Does anybody know now, please, after a couple of weeks, if it has stopped?

Maccro there's something behind the scenes here, it seems. As mentioned in post 201 the Damas bus service came out of the blue, and Frank faced a lot of negativity at the start... coincidence?

Mark Donna's posts about the bus service 'doubling up' didn't surprise me (posts 229+231) The original timetabling missed opportunities, as I pointed out up front. Later they included the 22:30 bus to town (pretty obvious missed op) and no mention of e.g a morning pick up going into CE from the station for eg workers coming into CE. My view was from the start if the bus was originating and ending at the bus station, then surely it is logical to make it available for all trips out/return. No point having an empty bus even if there is 1 paying passenger.

What's that saying about organising 'things' in a brewery?

However as I mentioned in post 215, I don't see how CERA - or any of the sponsors - are on the critical path for Frank to start, if the service has stopped. His hourly service - especially if he could get a town stop as well - was far superior.

CERA are excellent at organising social events. I have long lost confidence in them doing anything else. We wont be renewing our memberships.

This thread has been a tad depressing for me, as it has highlighted/revealed some (not all) of the problems we face in CE. It was great however that we had - for a while- finally moved forward and had something re CE public transport - as I mentioned several times.

However, whatever the reasons, I can understand anyone's reluctance to starrt a bus service, or frankly, any new business here.

As I mentioned in post 226, " Thanks goodness for many CE owners/residents, that the positives outweigh these crazy negatives for living in, and visiting, this great part of Spain/Portugal."

Jon
Hi John

The bus service stopped on the 31 August as was planned.
The 22.30 service was not added, If the service ran from town at 22.00, I say if because if no one was coming to Esuri, it did not run Therefore you could not go into town at 22.30.

Regarding the other posters comments about racism the local Mayor attended the CE Fiesta and along with the President of CERA actively encouraged Costa Esuri Residents to take part in the recent Las Augustias Procession in an attempt to show that CE is part of Ayamonte.

It would be very interesting to get the statistics regarding the numbers that used the bus service but I would hazard a guess that the revenue taken in fares was far lower than than the subsidy paid by the collaborating companies.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by guesswork
Hi John

The 22.30 service was not added, If the service ran from town at 22.00, I say if because if no one was coming to Esuri, it did not run Therefore you could not go into town at 22.30.

Regarding the other posters comments about racism the local Mayor attended the CE Fiesta and along with the President of CERA actively encouraged Costa Esuri Residents to take part in the recent Las Augustias Procession in an attempt to show that CE is part of Ayamonte.

It would be very interesting to get the statistics regarding the numbers that used the bus service but I would hazard a guess that the revenue taken in fares was far lower than than the subsidy paid by the collaborating companies.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

It is obvious that the fares would be low because you could not call this a bus service It was a service for staff of sponsors but not a bus service for the residents. The residents need a service where they can get to town do their business and get back home without have to wait for hours for the next bus. This was never a bus service and was never intended to be one
The residents need and deserve a minimum of a two hourly service .They have this right and they should fight for it.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Frank Bourne
It is obvious that the fares would be low because you could not call this a bus service It was a service for staff of sponsors but not a bus service for the residents. The residents need a service where they can get to town do their business and get back home without have to wait for hours for the next bus. This was never a bus service and was never intended to be one
The residents need and deserve a minimum of a two hourly service .They have this right and they should fight for it.
I don't usually like to comment in situations such as these however, could you please explain why, if your business plan is viable what is stopping you from implementing a bus service in CE?

All the comments regarding CERA are irrelevant in this context. Regards Bryony
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

It is not a case of money or business plan. It is the fact that the CERA is just not interested in showing their support for a bus service for THEIR residents and MEMBERS.
Promises were made at a meeting with the president of CERA and the owner of the shop and they have done nothing . Oh yes they have they have. They have ignored me.That is it and nothing else.
I wanted nothing from CERA than their support and the things that they were going to do at the meeting. These things have something to do with the business plan.
As to the turnover anybody can see that you cannot compare the two services.So you cannot talk about what my expected turnover would be. Also the costs of running a minibus cannot be compared with that type of vehicle that Damas were using. Believe me I come out of the bus world and I know what I am talking about. Having owned my own bus company for many years I know what can and cant be done and how to do it.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Guesswork,
You are both always defending the CERA but why doesnt the person at CERA who it mainly concerns voice his opinion?? He is the person who made the promises to me without the permission of CERA.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

But really it doesnt matter any more any way. My decision has been made and it will not be changed. I just feel sorry for the residents that wanted the service ( far more than those who voiced their opinion here.) They sent me private messages so I know how many there are and what type of service they wanted compared with what they got. I hope that one day they will get that service.

Last edited by Frank Bourne; Sep 12th 2013 at 3:31 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 4:35 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Hi John

Thanks GW for confirming that the service is over.

Re the times, I remain convinced about the criticisms over the way the timing was presented. I recall posting about it right at the start as it didn't make sense to me, and then I'm sure someone came on saying that there was a shop pick up at 22:30 to town (In fact I had a feeling it was you! Must have been someone else).

Its over and all academic now, and without going through all the posts, to prove my 'expired point', lets just forget that.

I'd also be interested in the 'numbers'. Though I doubt we would see them as it was a private endeavour. With the exception of CERA if we paid anything then they have to tell the fee-paying members, surely?

You were there so your observation/gut-feel on the profit/costs has real value. I'd bet you are right.

Its good that the real Mayor attended the fiesta... in fact I think he should be required to, for such a big local event containing his electorate.

Its great CERA wanted CE residents to support the Ayamonte social events. As I said CERA are great at organising social events/parties. I agree that CERA was right to ask residents to attend the procession and show that CE is part of Ayamonte. We prove it of course daily, we certainly finance a big chunk of Ayamonte!

I bet many would have attended anyway though. These events are very interesting and a display very delightful 'local atmosphere' and most people attend most of these events anyway. Part of the history, colour and culture of the town.

I do not agree with the word 'racism' in this context. However I am still waiting for the Mayor to show CE residents that HE FEELS we are part of Ayamonte. We pay the most money and his office is the presidency of the EUC. Many like me are waiting to see proof of that.

All regular forum members know my feelings about that - I don't see this wish for CE inclusion in Ayamonte coming from both directions at all. There's a long history here that backs up this viewpoint.

I think most people, whether they agree with me or not, will say that I have been very positive and passionate about CE from the start. It's even been posted on. However this has been a sad chapter in my view, the worst since I've been here. For what has been revealed. And if people like Domino (a forum regular) has even cancelled plans to retire here - that is sadly a negative confirmation of that.

But the positives still outweigh the negatives for me and we are looking forward to our next trip.

Jon
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks GW for confirming that the service is over.

Re the times, I remain convinced about the criticisms over the way the timing was presented. I recall posting about it right at the start as it didn't make sense to me, and then I'm sure someone came on saying that there was a shop pick up at 22:30 to town (In fact I had a feeling it was you! Must have been someone else).

Its over and all academic now, and without going through all the posts, to prove my 'expired point', lets just forget that.

I'd also be interested in the 'numbers'. Though I doubt we would see them as it was a private endeavour. With the exception of CERA if we paid anything then they have to tell the fee-paying members, surely?

You were there so your observation/gut-feel on the profit/costs has real value. I'd bet you are right.

Its good that the real Mayor attended the fiesta... in fact I think he should be required to, for such a big local event containing his electorate.

Its great CERA wanted CE residents to support the Ayamonte social events. As I said CERA are great at organising social events/parties. I agree that CERA was right to ask residents to attend the procession and show that CE is part of Ayamonte. We prove it of course daily, we certainly finance a big chunk of Ayamonte!

I bet many would have attended anyway though. These events are very interesting and a display very delightful 'local atmosphere' and most people attend most of these events anyway. Part of the history, colour and culture of the town.

I do not agree with the word 'racism' in this context. However I am still waiting for the Mayor to show CE residents that HE FEELS we are part of Ayamonte. We pay the most money and his office is the presidency of the EUC. Many like me are waiting to see proof of that.

All regular forum members know my feelings about that - I don't see this wish for CE inclusion in Ayamonte coming from both directions at all. There's a long history here that backs up this viewpoint.

I think most people, whether they agree with me or not, will say that I have been very positive and passionate about CE from the start. It's even been posted on. However this has been a sad chapter in my view, the worst since I've been here. For what has been revealed. And if people like Domino (a forum regular) has even cancelled plans to retire here - that is sadly a negative confirmation of that.

But the positives still outweigh the negatives for me and we are looking forward to our next trip.

Jon
Hi John
It was me who said that there was a pick up at 22.30 but it was never on the schedule. They would pick up if the 22.00 scheduled departure from town ran but if it never came to CE it could not take people back.

I have just put a link to a video of the Las Augustias Procession on the Costa Esuri Residents Twitter page [Costa Esuri RA]. i will do a link on the CERA site tomorrow

Have a look
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank Bourne
Planning to start sometime in July
Frank has now left the building...scarper:
Old Oct 11th 2013, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about Frank nor the goings on re the bus. Does that comment mean he has left this site ? or not doing anything about his proposed plan ? or not coming to Ayamonte ?

If it is the first that's shame, the second, I am not surprised about that and if the 3rd I am not surprised either.

As an outsider to it all, I cannot see why anyone would want to try and start a business up there even if only half of what is said and read is true. Face seem to have to fit. Reminds me of friends in Scotland, the town they live in does not encourage new business unless you are in a certain group, if you do go ahead and start a business you wont get local customers so doomed before you start.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I don't know anything about Frank nor the goings on re the bus. Does that comment mean he has left this site ? or not doing anything about his proposed plan ? or not coming to Ayamonte ?

If it is the first that's shame, the second, I am not surprised about that and if the 3rd I am not surprised either.

As an outsider to it all, I cannot see why anyone would want to try and start a business up there even if only half of what is said and read is true. Face seem to have to fit. Reminds me of friends in Scotland, the town they live in does not encourage new business unless you are in a certain group, if you do go ahead and start a business you wont get local customers so doomed before you start.
Yes to the first No Comment to the second and third
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Frank has now left the building...scarper:
You must be busy Bill,getting up that early!!!.

Ken.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench

I think you will find that it was nothing to do with whether your face fits or not. It was more to do with someone having a good idea but, due to lack of finances, not being able to get it up and running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.