Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Holiday Home

Costa Esuri Holiday Home

Old Sep 22nd 2019, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Pringle19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costa Esuri Holiday Home

Hi everyone,
Having spent much time in the Ayamonte area over the last few years I am now considering purchasing an apartment in Costa Esuri.
What are the prices like for a 2/3 bed apartment or townhouse and does anybody think they may rise anytime soon?
Also is there any plans for more services in the area, shops/cafes/bar. I am aware of the re-opening of the golf club next year but it seems the area needs possibly another bar or cafe especially during high season.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Holiday Home

Hi, regarding property prices I suggest you google search Ayamonte estate agents. Pick one and check out their websites. Prices in general seem to have risen from the slump of 2012 -2015 but are nowhere near original selling prices of 2006. If you plan to buy, I suggest you do a short visit staying in a hotel, rent a car at faro and drive around. I'm sure the agents would be happy to do viewings. As regards shops / bars etc there are a wealth of topics on this subject already if you check back on this forum. Right now, there is only the shop/ cafe on Esuri, so it can only get better imo. !!
Old Sep 26th 2019, 10:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pringle19
Hi everyone,
Having spent much time in the Ayamonte area over the last few years I am now considering purchasing an apartment in Costa Esuri.
What are the prices like for a 2/3 bed apartment or townhouse and does anybody think they may rise anytime soon?
Also is there any plans for more services in the area, shops/cafes/bar. I am aware of the re-opening of the golf club next year but it seems the area needs possibly another bar or cafe especially during high season.
As they say Investments can go down as well as up.

We bought before the crisis and I've seen something like a 70% drop in value. I actually don't believe we will ever get to the point where the prices return to our purchase price.

However from your perspective I think the key point here is is the downside potential is low. I personally don't believe there would be another 70% drop for example. So I actually think it's a valid investment financially and absolutely can say that 'emotionally' this is a great area to have a home. You can get a lot for your money compared to other places. However I personally don't think you're going to see stellar price rises. IMO the risk is manageable.

Being on the border is a major plus point for us for example.

I agree with Keith come here for a while look around and and and you'll find a good deal I'm sure.

Jon
Old Sep 26th 2019, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Pringle19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for your time, comments and advise.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm sure you could get some offers to rent in the tourist developments of Isla canela or Esuri, but I can't help thinking you might struggle to find a 3 month let actually IN town. I would have thought your best bet is to explain this to a few of the estate agents in Ayamonte on the basis you want to try before you buy. If anything is available for rent in Town the agents would know about it. Good luck..... Keith
Old Oct 14th 2019, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Kenneth23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Keith.
Do many ex pats live in the town?
We would prefer to buy in the town a three bed apartment central would be ideal with a budget of 150k we should have a choice.
I will contact a few of the agents to get a feel.
Regards.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ken, I'm not really qualified to say whether there are many expats living in Ayamonte centre. I bought in January 2014 at costa esuri and we just go there for some R & R, but usually out of season when the weather in UK poor. I prefer having a holiday home rather than living in hotels. We avoid most of July, all of august and first two weeks of september. It's too hot/ busy and we enjoy the UK summer. But you get some lovely sunny days out of season : good for walking, cycling or anything else. It's particularly nice having the choice of going to Portugal or staying in Spain. My biggest moan about Ayamonte town is car parking. It gets more and more difficult. I wish the council would bring back the meters and we pay. Some locals cars never move, they just block spaces available for visitors going to lunch or shopping etc.
Hopefully, someone else will have better knowledge of any ex pats actually residing in town !! I would be interested to know myself.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

We only know one couple and one widowed lady (Brits) that live in the town centre & we have had our home on Esuri since 2006. There could be more but probably not many. Most live in Esuri, Canela & surrounding areas. We have some friends who lived in the apartments up by Mercadona ( they are the ones that now live in the centre) so you could have a look at those.

Last edited by MikeCol; Oct 15th 2019 at 8:10 am.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 8:17 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
We only know one couple and one widowed lady (Brits) that live in the town centre. There could be more but probably not many. Most live in Esuri, Canela & surrounding areas.
If you want a selection of amenities 'on the doorstep' buying in Ayamonte makes sense. CE is slowly moving back to a Golf course and Club, with the ever-present shop popular. But if you like eating out, having a drink, shopping etc (walking distance) then it makes sense. Also meeting up with CE/IC people should be easy as many come to the town anyway. Taxi fares aren't bad, so if you are meeting up in CE you can do that - if you want a drink. Its the same effectively 'in reverse'. I would personally put a parking place high up on the list, to underline Keith's point.

Whilst CE may develop a social infrastructure - it will be slow IMO. The high point was the Courses, club, '19 Hole' and the shop all operating simultaneously, some time ago (and not for long). We aren't there today. But we will see a course and the clubhouse open before the end of the year (hopefully). There's so much more in Ayamonte and we wont ever compare to the facilities in town in the future IMO

If you have other requirements than local choice of amenities, then CE is a valid choice, and after all the border and the town are close by.

In case you haven't seen it I like this agency (of which I have no commercial connection) https://www.inmobara.com/venta.php - but you have many choices of course

Good luck
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 15th 2019 at 8:54 am.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
My biggest moan about Ayamonte town is car parking. It gets more and more difficult. I wish the council would bring back the meters and we pay. Some locals cars never move, they just block spaces available for visitors going to lunch or shopping etc.
Hopefully, someone else will have better knowledge of any ex pats actually residing in town !! I would be interested to know myself.
To save the hassle of trying to find a parking space in town . We park where the Saturday market is. To be precise drive into town and at roundabout where petrol station is go round and head out of town and take next right just past the big restaurant whose name I cannot remember . But they do take away chicken there now. Drive round the back of the restaurant to the end and park there. From there its a pleasant 5 minute walk past the zoo by the river into town . No one begging and plenty of room. And you reduce your carbon footprint !
Old Oct 21st 2019, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Kenneth23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thank you all for your valued advise.
can anyone recommend a central Ayamonte hotel.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kenneth, I guess the most obvious place to stay would be the Hotel Ayamonte Center. It's a fairly standard 3 star establishment, no frills, no entertainment, mainly aimed for business use imo. Open 365 days a year. The alternative Parador would be more comfortable with lovely views / sunsets over the Guadiana bridge, but is NOT in town and is twice the price. Its about a 20 mins walk into the town centre down a steep hill. The Center hotel would be your best option, two mins from the tourist info office. HTH.