Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri enters the 21st century

Costa Esuri enters the 21st century

Old Jul 7th 2016, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa Esuri enters the 21st century

The long wait is over the 4G mobile mast was erected yesterday on site S1 just up from the shop. The fibre optic cable has been there waiting since last autumn. However hold on amid the confusion of the meeting at the golf club with the deputy mayor did he not say it was going to be placed at the water treatment plant behind Colinas? So this may not be the end of the saga the mast may move but we now have a mast and a fibre optic cable wherever it finally lands it has got to be good news! Competition for mobile signal for the Portuguese and BB for Prinet and Iberbanda must be good.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri enters the 21st century

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
The long wait is over the 4G mobile mast was erected yesterday on site S1 just up from the shop. The fibre optic cable has been there waiting since last autumn. However hold on amid the confusion of the meeting at the golf club with the deputy mayor did he not say it was going to be placed at the water treatment plant behind Colinas? So this may not be the end of the saga the mast may move but we now have a mast and a fibre optic cable wherever it finally lands it has got to be good news! Competition for mobile signal for the Portuguese and BB for Prinet and Iberbanda must be good.
He also said that a contract with Movistar for new broadband services for Ayamonte and the villages (including Costa Esuri) was in the process of being signed off. So we may soon be blessed with multiple options
Old Jul 10th 2016, 9:03 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
He also said that a contract with Movistar for new broadband services for Ayamonte and the villages (including Costa Esuri) was in the process of being signed off. So we may soon be blessed with multiple options
Great news! But I have to say that Priinet is delivering for us, and delivering the speed we are paying for. Even in high season. And when we are not here we pay a reduced charge of 7eur.

I just tested with the best speed tester TestMy.net Broadband Internet Speed Test ... I am streaming Andrew Marr, BH is on YouTube and I still got 8.3 MB download in addition.

But great that eventually we will have more choices for broadband, especially for those in the priinet black spots, their biggest problem now that they have fixed the speed.

Jon
Old Nov 20th 2016, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

DaveWilliams306 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys I get over to CE occasionally and am next to the mast. I currently have not signed up for internet and have no landline when searching for wi fi I saw the name pri Inet appear a few times can anyone tell me what their deal is? Am I better waiting for something new from the new mast?
Cheers
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

For internet you have 3 options

Prinet 6mb 20euros per month 10 mb 25 per month If you are not here permanently Prinet permit you to reduce your payments with some conditions

Iberbanda 47 euros p month 3 mb

Telefonica Movistar 10mb I think Price is earer Iberbanda than Prinet Only on some communities but inc Lomas
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also have Priinet at allegedly 3mB for 15 euros pm as I do. BUT, they do not allow you to reduce in the winter etc. This suits me because it saves the bother of advising them in advance when you want service. My relation pays for the 20 euros a month and the speeds are identical ????? So I pay 180 euros a year, BUT it is always there for me even when I pop out at short notice. I don't have to think about it. Suppose you get the 20 euros for 6 months a year and then pay the 7 euros for the other 6 months, that is at least 167 euros. Hence, I think the standard 15 euros a month is a lot less hassle. And yes, we can stream TV and use the PC simultaneously without buffering. I would agree that paying out 180 euros p.a is quite a lot when the property is occupied for no more than 16 weeks a year, but the alternatives of using the golf club/ bread shop wifi aren't great. You pays yer money and takes yer choice !!
Old Apr 26th 2017, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Looked out this morning to see workmen running fibreoptic cables in Las Colinas does that mean that the high speed internet has been completed in Esuri.I wonder what the options/deals will be.Exciting times indeed.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glaisboy
Looked out this morning to see workmen running fibreoptic cables in Las Colinas does that mean that the high speed internet has been completed in Esuri.I wonder what the options/deals will be.Exciting times indeed.
I am sure "guesswork" has posted before that Cobra were awarded a province wide contract to fibre up the whole of Huelva Province and before even Ayamonte was cables they ran a cable along the Boulevard past Encinas and up to the mast. The proposal is to eventually move the mast up to the waterworks at Colinas.

For the last few days Movistar have worked on the corner at the golf club r/about pulling fresh fibre round the corner.

Some time ago the Mayor said he wanted all of Ayamonte to have fibre at the same time however central Ayamonte has been using it for at least 12mths and last w/kend I saw fibre being pulled through to Isla Canela

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Apr 27th 2017 at 2:03 am.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Much to the annoyance of residents near Hoyo 19 the Black piping they are running at the moment is being stored in a villa near Hoyo 19
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:20 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glaisboy
I spoke to Priinet a few weeks ago... when they came to fix a problem (Antenna worn out - better one attached).

They don't feel that the fibre will be a competition. Their understanding of the initial opening offers are that they are good, but after x months the pricing goes way over theirs.

We'll see - but they genuinely didn't seem perturbed at all. If they can deliver the speed - their formula will win for our usage and particularly the drop in price when we are away.

Jon
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I spoke to Priinet a few weeks ago... when they came to fix a problem (Antenna worn out - better one attached).

They don't feel that the fibre will be a competition. Their understanding of the initial opening offers are that they are good, but after x months the pricing goes way over theirs.

We'll see - but they genuinely didn't seem perturbed at all. If they can deliver the speed - their formula will win for our usage and particularly the drop in price when we are away.

Jon
Just out of interest, how do you wear out an antenna?
Old Apr 27th 2017, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree,the price drop priinet offer during the months away from Esuri is a bonus that the telecoms companies just won't offer. A payg scheme would suit as well as water and electricity,a nice thought though.It will most probably take a while anyway still it's progress.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

there is a big difference between a fibre connection and a WiFi link. give me fibre any time over WiFi even at higher costs
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Prinet has been poor for the last 10 days First time in 18 months but its been slow a lot of the time and completely dropping out on a frequent basis last weekend
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Costa Esuri enters the 21st century

Sure, we all know fibre is better than a Priinet wifi link, but for most of us Esuri is a vacation home. We don't need loads of bandwidth to skype our loved ones or watch TV. We don't need access for business use or heavy downloads. I will be surprised if the fibre offer comes anywhere near the Priinet deal. I think Priinet will be around for a very long time yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.