Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:37 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Heres some more good news,

Sunday the 4th April at 19.00 hrs in the new Spanish time Jackie will be singing and playing at the Golf Clubhouse.

Anybody who has been lucky enough to catch a "set" by Jackie in the past will need no introduction to this lovely Lancashire lass of immense talent and the the highest quality entertainment your going to see in Ayamonte this year.

Those of you who have been lucky enough to catch a show in the past will sure to be there but please let the newcomers have room to catch the show.

I am posting this from the clubhouse tonight and the atmosphere is great and at easter it will be so much better so come on down catch a great show drink some beer and have a good time in gods little corner of Esuri.

The weather has definitly turned the corner and we have had temps in the low 20's this week so I inaugerated our pool season and had a dip Monday evening when the pool stuggled to just 18. IT was bracing but that is what living in the sun is all about!

Have a look at: -

www.jackieashworth.com
Is Semana Santa getting to you?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Is Semana Santa getting to you?
Nah, just too much time at the Clubhouse
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Nah, just too much time at the Clubhouse
When TELEFONICA grrr wont give you a line and ADSL and the Portuguese Vodaphone Dongle goes belly up where else can you keep in touch with the world. This is posted from Marco in Laguna sq where we can get both manchada and wifi.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
When TELEFONICA grrr wont give you a line and ADSL and the Portuguese Vodaphone Dongle goes belly up where else can you keep in touch with the world. This is posted from Marco in Laguna sq where we can get both manchada and wifi.
Hi John sorry you still are having problems with Vodaphone. I use the TMN dongle as recommended by Alandeve on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=alandeve

It's pay-as-you-go and you recharge at all sorts of places tobacconists etc. We are so often in Portugal that we never run out of time. 10Euro for 10 Hours and you get a message telling you when you are down to 3Euro. I was surprised at how little I used it and how long the 10Eur lasted. But I am not a big user in Spain just email, internet and Skype - which works fine from the appartment.

The TMN Shop is in VRSA. Just walk up the pedestrian bit away from the river. Where it ends there is a road (about 50m before the roundabout) turn left and its 20m down.

Good luck
Jon
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:16 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I got this in my inbox - I have no idea if this is any good and I have no connection with the company. But they are offering free advertrising for rental accomodation... FYI..

Regards
Jon

http://letmyhome.holidayrentalweb.com

5 *****

Holiday Rental Advertising

Holiday Rental Web are currently running a Special Introductory/ Pre-Launch Offer For a limited time, you can promote as many properties for rent as you wish for 12 months without paying any advertisement fee. You get a large webpage for your property and unlimited photos for 12 months and all without paying any advertisement fee. If you register for this Pre-Launch Introduction Offer (expires on the 31th May 2010) you will receive the opportunity to include your property in our Featured Home section.

There are no catches whatsoever, nor a small blue print. We are making this incredible offer because we wish to start our new holiday rental portal with minimum of 10000 properties worldwide. We are so confident that you will be very pleased with the level of enquires your listing with us generates, you will renew your listing after the first year at our normal rate of 175.00 €. However, if in 12 months time you decide not to renew your listing, that is okay you haven't lost anything, Have You?

Don't delay and register you holiday home today!
So what do you get from your listing?

You get a large advert for 1 year

Unlimited number of photos

Photo uploaded to instantly upload/edit your photos

Your online availability calendar

Your advert displayed in 5 different languages

You get a large advert of your property with its own individual link

Your holiday home seen by hundreds of thousands of holiday makers Worldwide

You will receive authentic online booking in real time
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:27 pm
Jur

I like the "get bookings in minutes!" slogan on their page.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Positive

Wow I just heard this morning that Spanish unemployment has gone over 20%!! Thats terrible! I remember last year it was 17%. BUT these are averages across Spain - the unemployment in Andalucia alone was 22%.

If that difference is still there - it means that 1 in 4 people are now unemployed in Andalucia - 1 in 4 people we see 'around town' have no job. How sad for them.

We've seen burglaries on the increase already in CE even taking someones dog (can you believe!! A family member for most pet owners!) - maybe more burglaries to come

I got quite interested when the Pound crossed 1.15 to the Euro, even when the markets had obviously factored in a hung parliament (which previously was negative for the pound). Now with Greece, Portugal and Spain all downgraded and Italy having major problems too (the 'PIGS')... maybe the pound will get back over 1.20 / 1.25 sometime by the end of the year - good news for our UK based friends coming over.

I hope however the 1) Greece is positive this weekend 2) the Greece experience does not spread to the other countries above - it means another worldwide recession on the heels of the last..... double dip - UGH!! Maybe worse as we havent recovered enough from the first, Omens are bad for the stock markets, I think. After some great business results the first quarter - this could reverse all that good news. Not to mention civil unrest in Southern Euroipe Luckily the UK is not in the Euro, our huge debt matches the 'pigs' and we would be on that list too....

We live in Belgium, I remember last year when the ex rate was 1.02. I bought, in England, French Champagne and French cognac to take to France/continental europe... It was cheaper than buying locally. Whats that about coals and Newcastle, sand and Arabs?

Jon

Re Greece FYI this is why the Germans are understandably worried ( a bit biased) but we would have the same issues if we were asked to pay

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-en...in-greece.html

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-en...-pensions.html

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 30th 2010 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 10:43 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

According to this morning's Sur, unemployment is 30% in Málaga and Cádiz provinces

http://www.diariosur.es/20100430/loc...004301110.html

The sad thing is there is not many benefits for families.
Old May 1st 2010, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We've seen burglaries on the increase already in CE even taking someones dog (can you believe!! A family member for most pet owners!) - maybe more burglaries to come
We had a note from one of the community presidents warning about people seen loitering near the electronic gates - usually 2 girls and at night - they cover the gate sensor after a legitimate car goes through to allow an accomplice through later. So keep an eye out when entering the compounds, especialy after dark.
I recollect having a problem with someone who tried to tailgate me a couple of years back. Unfortunately I had trouble finding the right gear on my hire car until the gate had closed behind me - oh dear what a shame never mind
Old May 1st 2010, 7:42 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeJ
We had a note from one of the community presidents warning about people seen loitering near the electronic gates - usually 2 girls and at night - they cover the gate sensor after a legitimate car goes through to allow an accomplice through later. So keep an eye out when entering the compounds, especialy after dark.
I recollect having a problem with someone who tried to tailgate me a couple of years back. Unfortunately I had trouble finding the right gear on my hire car until the gate had closed behind me - oh dear what a shame never mind
The best thing is to wait a few seconds till the gate closes behind you, then go off. But I doubt people will do that, especially renters. Time to try and get those pesky rent-vcars into gear!

Rgs
Jon
Old May 23rd 2010, 10:20 am
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

We have just had our latest gas bill direct debit taken from our bank (May) and it was 120 euros compare with the normal 20 euros. Anybody else had a large bill in and if so do they know why? We will try to contact them, but as we don't speak the lingo...
Old May 23rd 2010, 5:07 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
We have just had our latest gas bill direct debit taken from our bank (May) and it was 120 euros compare with the normal 20 euros. Anybody else had a large bill in and if so do they know why? We will try to contact them, but as we don't speak the lingo...
Holy, That´s 10 gasbottles!!

Is that a monthly bill?
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:08 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jur
Holy, That´s 10 gasbottles!!

Is that a monthly bill?
That's for 2 months, not that it makes it easier to understand. And we weren't even there or using it for the 2 months previous

Last edited by John and Lynn; May 23rd 2010 at 7:16 pm.
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:21 pm
Jur

That's for 2 months, not that it makes it easier to understand. And we weren't even there or using it for the 2 months previous
It seems way too high to me, but I can´t compare as I still have the good old gasbottle system. (If you miss the delivery truck it´s of to the gasstation !)

Why don´t you let your local accountant/lawyer/property manager check?
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Positive

I dont know if this applies to you - but I heard that there were mistakes made when assigning the meters to the homes... i.e sometimes there were wrong meters identification numbers associated with the home. This happened with some of the people in our development.

So one may be paying for anothers usage. This may not apply to you, but a sign that this is the case is when you have this kind of bill - usage when you are away.

The way to check is to switch off 'your' meter at the supply and if your gas works - then you are paying for someone else's supply.

Regards
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.