Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:40 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

What do the S and B stand for in Jag´s recommendation ? Does anyone know ? Bennie ? Sam ?

Last edited by Jur; Apr 13th 2009 at 4:29 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dilly dally
Hi we haven't been out so far this year, we are coming over in 7 weeks time for just 8 days, i'm intrested in what movements esuri has had since we were last out, i have found the past 6 months tough and am just about holding on to my property, my mortgage payments have almost doubled, and having had no rental income since i purchased 3 yrs ago and i can't see any rental income for the forseeing future either i am getting worried, how are people living there finding the work situation? are people visting esuri so that goes hand in hand with people needing work done ie gardening, furniture buying and genarel works carried out? or have things become very quite? what is the general concensis at the momment? is there any movement on getting the hotel up and running or the commercial center? is the little shop still open? i also heard there were a couple of furniture shops closed in town is this true? I apologise for so many qustions (and my spelling) but i am getting very worried, ESURI is fast becoming my holiday home from hell, and could anybody recomend a good managment company my current one does not seem to be all that intrested in my concerns or achiving me any rental income THANKS GUYS
I sincerely hope you did not put all your eggs in one basket and expect just one rental company to get you numerous weeks rental per year?

Renting your apartment is a business which means YOU have to work at it, not just sit back and expect someone else to do all the hard work.

How many letting agencies have you used? Which ones?
Have you listed your property on the online rental sites? Which ones?
Do you advertise it at work? Local golf club? other social clubs that you are a member of?

You need to get creative and advertise it in as many places as possible to get as much coverage as possible or you'll be lucky if you get more than 2 or 3 weeks a year.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:47 pm
jmw
Just Joined

jmw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bennie
Your mortgage should be coming down at the moment. Check when your 6 month review is on your mortgage and you should then find a notable difference in your monthly payments.
I was expecting a reduction at the end of last year and benefitted from only a very small reduction. My review is annual and based on the interest rate in the month of October - so I'm hoping rates will stay low until then so that I can benefir for the 2010 calendar year.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:56 pm
jmw
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Veleta
Renting your apartment is a business which means YOU have to work at it, not just sit back and expect someone else to do all the hard work.
I agree - I manage my own website, use Google Adwords and it is just beginning to reap some benefit. 10 weeks booked so far for this year - all via my own website.

I suspect the property management companies will (a) give priority to the customers they know well or who shout the loudest and (b) try and spread the rest of their bookings across the remaining customers. I can't see how they can satisfy all their customers without significant demand.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmw
I agree - I manage my own website, use Google Adwords and it is just beginning to reap some benefit. 10 weeks booked so far for this year - all via my own website.

I suspect the property management companies will (a) give priority to the customers they know well or who shout the loudest and (b) try and spread the rest of their bookings across the remaining customers. I can't see how they can satisfy all their customers without significant demand.
Good for you. 10 weeks booked thus far sounds quite promising.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jmw

Totally agree, you've got to be very proactive in the current climate to achieve rental bookings.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

On a completely different note, thought I would try out Jag's last night couldn't get in, booked out - on a Monday night! Looks like booking in advance is advisable. Anyone lucky enough to have got in, let me know what the new menu is like.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Funny enough Marcelo sent me this link this evening, it's making me rather hungry ! http://www.jagsbistro.com/

Downside (for us) is I see he's made the restaurant non smoking now, thankfully most Spanish places aren't.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharon B
On a completely different note, thought I would try out Jag's last night couldn't get in, booked out - on a Monday night! Looks like booking in advance is advisable. Anyone lucky enough to have got in, let me know what the new menu is like.
One word
Brilliant!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

i have found the past 6 months tough and am just about holding on to my property, my mortgage payments have almost doubled, and having had no rental income since i purchased 3 yrs ago and i can't see any rental income for the forseeing future either i am getting worried,
If you bought a property thinking that rental income would cover the mortgage. Then you should be very worried.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:49 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
Funny enough Marcelo sent me this link this evening, it's making me rather hungry ! http://www.jagsbistro.com/

Downside (for us) is I see he's made the restaurant non smoking now, thankfully most Spanish places aren't.
That sounds like a good place, great menu and good wine list and prices. Shame it's not near me
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:12 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharon B

Hi Sharon,

You can view/download Jags new menu from here to tempt your taste buds until you can get a booking:

http://****************/forum/general-...html#post44978

Not entirely sure if this is within the rules but it's a direct link to the files and not a forum discussion so I hope so. Otherwise mods please remove.

Last edited by zel; Apr 15th 2009 at 12:19 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zel
Hi Sharon,

You can view/download Jags new menu from here to tempt your taste buds until you can get a booking:

http://****************/forum/general-...html#post44978

Not entirely sure if this is within the rules but it's a direct link to the files and not a forum discussion so I hope so. Otherwise mods please remove.
Thanks, looks good. I have lived in Ayamonte for a while so since all you Esurians seem to go there for your curries and the new diverse menu will delight my visiting guests, I will give it a try.

Better book this time though as its not much fun looking in through the window when your hungry!!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

dilly dally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmw

That sounds good 10 weeks booked this year, i'm not great with computers but are google adwords easy to use can anyone set up a site like you have? I haven't put all my eggs in one basket i am on with three diffrent companies at the moment but so far haven't recived any bookings like many others i guess, and it does cost a small fortune to keep advertising with online letting agents, thanks to jag will try your recomendation and to bennie too unfourtantly i have only a 2 bed apartment with a bed sette though, will keep trying. I a'm finding it very difficult to corraspond with my bank there seems to be no who speaks decent english at all, i have had to pay my solicitor 250 euros so far to talk to them on my behalf im finding that very frustrating they are willing to offer you money but when a problem occurs they can't seem to be able to offer you any advice (same old story i guess) like many other people i never expected to cover my mortgage with rental income but did think i might get a least 6 or 8 weeks a year to help out i'm pretty sure my only way forward is intrest only for the next couple of years not great but hey sure i'm not the only one, Things at esuri i personally feel will take a good number of years to recover if at all and i expect the hotel and commercial centre to be stood empty for a good few years to come
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:54 pm
jmw
Just Joined

i'm not great with computers but are google adwords easy to use can anyone set up a site like you have? .... it does cost a small fortune to keep advertising with online letting agents.... Things at esuri i personally feel will take a good number of years to recover if at all and i expect the hotel and commercial centre to be stood empty for a good few years to come
I chose to set up my own website because (a) I felt I had the ability to do so and (b) the cost of using online letting sites where you are "one of many". Even if you do not have the ability to set up your own website you may be able to get someone to do it for you at less than the annual cost of some of the online letting sites. With your own website you hopefully focus the reader on your property. Letting sites can easily distract readers to the other listed properties. I must be doing something right as at least four other single property websites on Costa Esuri, created relatively recently, have lifted most of the wording from my website and used it on theirs - little I can do to stop them!

Google Adwords can be effective as long as you can get inside the mind of the person using Google to find a property to rent - choice of keywords is critical. It can be expensive if you do not target your audience well. It has not been cheap but the return has more than compensated.

I'm not so sure that completion of the whole resort is desirable at the moment - we need more occupants not more property available to rent. A completed commercial centre would help to draw people to the resort but no guest at my property has indicated that they would not return because of lack of facilities. My only desire is for sufficient demand to make the "Guadiana Market" local shop viable 52 weeks a year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.