Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 13th 2008, 12:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Don't understand a word of this, but I know you can get square eyed from watching too much tv. Why not get really BIG square eyes, and visit the Sorolla exhibition in Sevilla!
See here:
http://www.exploreseville.com/art.htm#sorolla

There's a connection with Ayamonte:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C...olla_y_Bastida

and, in here:
http://forolibre.net/foro/showthread.php?t=64252&page=2

Karma question: Where can you find a (smaller) copy of "La pesca del atun" in Ayamonte?

Regards,
Carol
When we saw the Sorolla exhibition in Valencia they had a shop which sold loads of books, posters and other things.

Rosemary
Old May 13th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

A few pics from last weeks visit, on the way to Donana Park, went through Niebla, very picturesque although v.quiet
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-026.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-028.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-032.jpg  
Old May 13th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

...then on to Donana National Park, then the beach at V.R.S.A.
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-025.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-015.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-037.jpg  
Old May 13th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

....and then (not the same day) up to Rosal de la Frontera across into Portugal, across the river at Serpa, and back down through Alcoutim. Then a rest!!!
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-051.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-054.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-costa-esuri-may-2008-057.jpg  
Old May 13th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I use Economy because there are no x-border restrictions to Spain, (nor the 'compass limits' mentioned above - which sound weird to me) second driver included, AND most of the insurances are included, meaning zero excess charge if you have an accident. Although note that there are some exceptions like if someone smashes your window or the locks.

You pay a tad more - but I think this insurance element makes it worthwhile.

I've made a lot of bookings this year, and only recently (through the forum) found about about

www.insurance4carhire.com they do a one off insurance that covers you for these 'hidden extras'. 49UK Europe wide for a year 59UK if you include USA. Multiple voyages each year with a 31 day max per voyage (I think) A great idea for me. But they are havent responded yet to questions I emailed them about last week

For your information here is what I emailed them below:

Once I get an answer I will post the info..

Regards
Jon

Here is the mail they have not yet responding to:

I am interested in your insurance for Car Rental in Europe to cover any damages etc.

Please can you answer the following questions specifically:
  1. I am required to take the 'standard cover' offered by the car rental people?
  2. Can I reject any insurance offered by the renter and still be covered?.
  3. I live in Belgium (UK citizen) can I buy this please? I see on the web form that I can put in Belgium as country of residence for example so I assume all is OK
  4. If I rent with my wife as secondary driver, are we still covered please?
Hi for those of you that are interested in the car excess policy... i took it out and got this email from them it has the details copied below with various highlights added.

Note that I have no commercial connection with this company - just a recent client... and I heard about it from this forum in the 1st place.

We are in Santa Barbara where it is very sunny - off to the vineyards today, CE/Ayamonte/Algarve etc has some competition out there!!

Regards
Jon

Breaches copyright , see rules 6 and 7, if anyone wants it you will have to PM it to them.

Last edited by jdr; May 13th 2008 at 4:09 pm.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Mika is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

quick question about NIE. I was told that NIE can be only obtained in Huelva but wonder may be someone applied at local police station in Ayamonte? Thanks in advance.

regards
Mika
Old May 13th 2008, 4:42 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

NIE are in Huelva not in Ayamonte. Either you or your lawyer will have to make that trip if you want an NIE. It is funny though that a Spanish person can get a passport in Ayamonte but has to go to Huelva to get their DNI renewed.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:32 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelh
NIE are in Huelva not in Ayamonte. Either you or your lawyer will have to make that trip if you want an NIE. It is funny though that a Spanish person can get a passport in Ayamonte but has to go to Huelva to get their DNI renewed.
Not so funny as a english person can get a english pasport from madrid or portugal.But its a funny old world.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:35 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
When we saw the Sorolla exhibition in Valencia they had a shop which sold loads of books, posters and other things.

Rosemary
Yes.I think Coronation street is a bit more exiting.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Mika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Thanks Michaelh and Betris for reply. I will be going to Huelva by myself in a few weeks. From reading other forums about obtaining NIE, got an impression that you have to be well prepared for a trip in such institutions. Not sure about Huelva, but heard that in other towns you can spend all day in a queue, crowded places, terrible bureaucracy ect. I am sure every experience in different but any advice when to get there, and what to expect would be very welcome.

regards
Mika
Old May 13th 2008, 8:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mika

Thanks Michaelh and Betris for reply. I will be going to Huelva by myself in a few weeks. From reading other forums about obtaining NIE, got an impression that you have to be well prepared for a trip in such institutions. Not sure about Huelva, but heard that in other towns you can spend all day in a queue, crowded places, terrible bureaucracy ect. I am sure every experience in different but any advice when to get there, and what to expect would be very welcome.

regards
Mika
Well.Take some butties and a flask....No its not too bad But the problem is you may go down tomorrow and its one thing.go six months later and its another.Then its back to the original so you are best asking some one who has done it in the last few weeks.For me It was simple.two ques.one long non european.the short other european.Fill out a form.Make sure you get a reciept for the filled in form.Go back a month latter with the reciept and pick it up.But as I said.check first as things change very often with them.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi for those of you that are interested in the car excess policy... i took it out and got this email from them it has the details copied below with various highlights added.

Note that I have no commercial connection with this company - just a recent client... and I heard about it from this forum in the 1st place.

We are in Santa Barbara where it is very sunny - off to the vineyards today, CE/Ayamonte/Algarve etc has some competition out there!!

Regards
Jon

Breaches copyright , see rules 6 and 7, if anyone wants it you will have to PM it to them.
oooops the guy gave permission in his email for me to forward so I thought it was OK. Here it is again, without any private telephone or contact details, just general details of the policy for Excess car insurance...which one could find easily on the web. Ive highlighted some points, also included the website address which has already appeared on the forum

This policy covers the Excess (excess on theft, excess on damage, and damage to windows, tyres, the undercarriage and the roof) on your car rental. It supplements the insurance for LDW (Loss Damage Waiver)/CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) that you must take out at the time of rental, and which is generally included in the price of the car rental.

Excess cover is always voluntary. You should decline the car rental company's excess cover at the counter when the car is collected. There is no need to show your Policy Document at the counter as we insure the Policy Holder, not the rental vehicle. If the car is damaged or stolen, the car rental company will charge your credit card for the Excess amount and you should then claim for reimbursement on your Policy. Full details of how to submit a claim are contained in your Policy Document.

Lastly, just to remind you that: the Policyholder must be the person renting the vehicle; all additional drivers on the rental agreement are covered: it is not valid to rent a vehicle within 150 km of your usual place of residence and you must be aged 21-74 to be eligible for the Policy (75 to 85 for those who have purchased a Europe 75-85 or Excess Worldwide 75-85 Policy).

Please ensure that your Policy is in place before the commencement date of the rental agreement.

We would be grateful if you could pass details of our site ....

Old May 14th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

A question for the rago 1 community - is your street named Paseo Blasco Ibanez II? - as some of the mail we receive at rago 2 makes less sense than normal !!

Thanks
Old May 14th 2008, 5:09 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

It's all nice:
Don't worry nothing. You've all done real good, pickin' a nice place an' all!!!!
Old May 14th 2008, 6:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
It's all nice:
Don't worry nothing. You've all done real good, pickin' a nice place an' all!!!!
Er what are we talking about may I ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.