Corona virus

Old Aug 16th 2020, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corona virus

My sister, in the UK, said the other day she has no wish to be shielded nor isolated while the much younger go about willy nilly with little or no regard for wearing masks, no social distancing etc. Her argument was the younger came catch up with their lives and still have time to do the things they want to do. Us over 65's are running out of time and -- her words, be damned if she will stay home and die. Her and her husband have been staying home as much as possible, only just started to go food shopping but normally, now they are both retired, go away for a few days every month or so and keep very active. Maybe she is right, maybe Boris wants to cull the over 65's.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 9:00 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
My sister, in the UK, said the other day she has no wish to be shielded nor isolated while the much younger go about willy nilly with little or no regard for wearing masks, no social distancing etc. Her argument was the younger came catch up with their lives and still have time to do the things they want to do. Us over 65's are running out of time and -- her words, be damned if she will stay home and die. Her and her husband have been staying home as much as possible, only just started to go food shopping but normally, now they are both retired, go away for a few days every month or so and keep very active. Maybe she is right, maybe Boris wants to cull the over 65's.

The virus is doing the culling not the politicians.

Rosemary
Old Aug 16th 2020, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry,(Mike J)but no one is keeping everyone locked up and never were (except for the"vunerable"). People were allowed out for exercise and for essentials. If the "vunerable" feel the need to stay indoors then that is fine.Too say that the rest of us "elderly" need to be confined to our 4 walls is unacceptable amd I would not do it. I know if I feel unwell I would remain at home and it's my responsibility to do so, and I will ,but to virtually tell us to stay at home and not venture out is treating people like children who can't make decisions for ourselves. The young are the one's who aren't taking it seriously.All that is needed it to respect the 2 metre rule,wash hands regularly,not congregate in groups and (IMO) wear a mask. They don't generally do this , and this is the reason why the numbers of young people affected is rising strongly, and infections are increasing.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:24 am
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Sorry,(Mike J)but no one is keeping everyone locked up and never were (except for the"vunerable"). People were allowed out for exercise and for essentials. If the "vunerable" feel the need to stay indoors then that is fine.Too say that the rest of us "elderly" need to be confined to our 4 walls is unacceptable amd I would not do it. I know if I feel unwell I would remain at home and it's my responsibility to do so, and I will ,but to virtually tell us to stay at home and not venture out is treating people like children who can't make decisions for ourselves. The young are the one's who aren't taking it seriously.All that is needed it to respect the 2 metre rule,wash hands regularly,not congregate in groups and (IMO) wear a mask. They don't generally do this , and this is the reason why the numbers of young people affected is rising strongly, and infections are increasing.
But on the other hand Deaths are now very low compared to April highs
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:45 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
Fortunately, having checked with LV our car insurance is completely unaffected so you are unlucky. If anyone is concerned a simple online query should suffice.
Mikej is a regular contributor here, and has many interesting and valuable contributions.

What this discussion about insurance has proven is that we should all scrutinise the small print in these crazy days.

The fact that you checked with your insurance company shows that it was a valuable exercise! Mikes insurance co has different 'small prints'.

So if everyone who reads this discussion checks the policies, (as you did) its really valuable.

Thanks again Mike for alerting us to this possibility and again

I ain't going till I've checked my documents !

Jon

PS I am a customer of LV but not for car insurance.... Maybe this discussion will net them more business !

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 16th 2020 at 1:35 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
There were very similar comments made on Telly by a group of elderly ladies in a cafe up here in the North East very early on in the pandemic as lockdown started.

If people do wish to manage their own fates in the face of a complete lack of awareness of the needs of other people (Martin Lewis called it forbearance), then the only way is to avoid any sort of close contact when out and about. Up here, we employ avoidance techniques on our walks daily even resorting to walking on the roads rather than risk close contact on the footpaths - but most people walking the other way are completely oblivious. The supermarkets are even more challenging. We have given up getting worked up by this, we just take the avoidance route every time and ignore the ignoramuses going the other way.

We just hope that when we finally make it back down, we can continue to find wide open spaces to do the walks around Esuri and on the beach.

On a slightly different tack, but still C19 related, would welcome an update on Michael's Info Ayamonte Covid 19 page. I know he is busy, with his new project, but any updates on the situation in our province and across the other side of the river would be very useful.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately, having checked with LV our car insurance is completely unaffected so you are unlucky. If anyone is concerned a simple online query should suffice.
I am insured by LV - conflicting advice 😟😟
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 5:58 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I am at a loss to see why this virus should affect car insurance ?
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
I am at a loss to see why this virus should affect car insurance ?
It's not the virus it's the FCO rules which currently state that non essential travel to Spain is forbidden. Hidden in the small print of many (but it seems not all) insurance policies is a list of countries covered by your Insurance (or green card) and this has a condition of travel which refers to FCO permitted countries - as does my travel insurance BTW.
Give many insurance cos a hook to wriggle off and they will.

Last edited by MikeJ; Aug 22nd 2020 at 9:57 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 5:35 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
It's not the virus it's the FCO rules which currently state that non essential travel to Spain is forbidden. Hidden in the small print of many (but it seems not all) insurance policies is a list of countries covered by your Insurance (or green card) and this has a condition of travel which refers to FCO permitted countries - as does my travel insurance BTW.
Give many insurance cos a hook to wriggle off and they will.
Got it now & thanks for that.
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The Europa League preliminary round qualifier scheduled for Tuesday 18/8 between Lincoln Red Imps ( Gibraltar ) and FC Prishtina ( Kosova ) was called off due to seven Kosovan players testing covid positive on arrival in Gib.
This could have resulted in FC Prishtina being disqualified and Lincoln being given a bye.
However after returning to Kosova FC Prishtina appealed to UEFA and were allowed to reschedule the match fielding a different squad, some on loan from other Kosovan teams.
They arrived back in Gib on Friday all bringing certificates showing negative test results with them.
However they were retested here with eight players now testing positive.

Old Aug 23rd 2020, 8:38 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The Europa League preliminary round qualifier scheduled for Tuesday 18/8 between Lincoln Red Imps ( Gibraltar ) and FC Prishtina ( Kosova ) was called off due to seven Kosovan players testing covid positive on arrival in Gib.
This could have resulted in FC Prishtina being disqualified and Lincoln being given a bye.
However after returning to Kosova FC Prishtina appealed to UEFA and were allowed to reschedule the match fielding a different squad, some on loan from other Kosovan teams.
They arrived back in Gib on Friday all bringing certificates showing negative test results with them.
However they were retested here with eight players now testing positive.
Ohmigosh!

Tests normally have to be done within 48hrs of arrival.

One can only suspect that there is corruption behind this! .... For EIGHT to have it... After (so called) testing.

Let alone the fact that 7 others had it before!!. With all the money behind football, there is a pressure to play... And 'less honourable' clubs may take 'shortcuts'. EUFA should insist on certified, unbiased and professional testing for all teams on arrival in other countries. Or the countries themselves make it a condition on entry.

It seems to be rife over there!

What is also galling is the total lack of consideration as well!! Lifetime bans come to mind in these cases!!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 23rd 2020 at 8:42 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 9:00 am
BE Positive

For those who like analyses... Here is a great video looking at the spread of the virus...

https://www.ft.com/video/e38ebc44-c9...b-8753543261f9

Jon
Old Aug 24th 2020, 7:29 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I am insured by LV - conflicting advice 😟😟
Hi Mike, just checking you are referring to LV car insurance, I phoned them again this morning and have been reassured that this is unaffected. LV travel insurance is of course a different matter, and the individual policy would have to be checked. In any event, safe and happy travels.
Old Aug 24th 2020, 11:22 am
BE Positive

Hi Mike, just checking you are referring to LV car insurance, I phoned them again this morning and have been reassured that this is unaffected. LV travel insurance is of course a different matter, and the individual policy would have to be checked. In any event, safe and happy travels.
I think that the small print is so complicated that the people on the call desk cant understand it all.

I recently had an email discussion with a call desk guy, who was very helpful, but really didn't understand my question (not to do with this particular issue). No disrespect but call desk people arent always the most experienced. In my case I didn't go ahead with the company. In this case it was far less complex, than EU green card rules, viruses and government advice or rules!!

I tend to think that for this particular issue, it seems possible (probable even) that FCO advice, negates the cover.

I would recommend that you ask for an email/written confirmation of the discussion. Alternatively send a mail/letter confirming the advice.

This virus is so new and unusual, that not many people really understand the implications. Especially the call desk personnel (again no criticism). Understandably

But the lawyers won't care if there is a claim. As I mentioned before, take a 'microscope' to the small print, or CYA, with some form of written confirmation of what you have been told.... IMO

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 24th 2020 at 11:30 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.