Corona virus

Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corona virus

Hi Jon. We did it to from our balcony. stay Safe..x

Old Mar 27th 2020, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Hi Jon. We did it to from our balcony. stay Safe..x
we were on our terrace and could just hear the clapping in the distance. I got Kaths dads police whistle and gave that a few blasts and clapped.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the police whistle and ended up hiding in the wardrobe for over a hour. My backs killing me this Morning "Thanks John "

Last edited by BILL AND CLAIRE; Mar 27th 2020 at 8:25 am.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 3:34 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
I heard the police whistle and ended up hiding in the wardrobe for over a hour. My backs killing me this Morning "Thanks John "
Good one!

I just finished a video conference call. Four of us in four different countries in lockdown using WhatsApp it was great (and free)!

I think 4 is the maximum, my friend set it up but I think what you do is you make a group of 4 people and then rather than calling as you would an individual, use the video button at the top to video-call the group.

We had a good laugh and chat for about an hour with the phone screen split into 4. Each with the video of a friend, and one showing me as they see me...

It's going to be a weekly event as it worked out so well. Just a thought if you want this sort of Comms.

Jon
Old Mar 27th 2020, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Good one!

I just finished a video conference call. Four of us in four different countries in lockdown using WhatsApp it was great (and free)!

I think 4 is the maximum, my friend set it up but I think what you do is you make a group of 4 people and then rather than calling as you would an individual, use the video button at the top to video-call the group.

We had a good laugh and chat for about an hour with the phone screen split into 4. Each with the video of a friend, and one showing me as they see me...

It's going to be a weekly event as it worked out so well. Just a thought if you want this sort of Comms.

Jon
ive been using Houseparty for Group video chats this week
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
ive been using Houseparty for Group video chats this week
Another popular app, that I hadn't heard of till a couple of weeks ago is Zoom. A good friend is using it for group communication, video chats etc.

I am using box-standard Skype & WhatsApp. The latter seems more pervasive, though I personally prefer Skype's technology. But beware fake news videos etc. USAtoday, MSN are calling it a pandemic in its own right.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...YLO?srcref=rss

A good idea is to use the '20s rule' before forwarding these, as mentioned in the article.

I use email far less than before, but then I had a 'rule': If I got an email saying 'send this to everyone' I just wouldn't do it ! I'd be more cautious then when forwarding anything. These often were a way to transmit computer-viruses, malware etc .

I've let that slip with the increased use of smartphones and thus more widespread and easy and quick mass-communications today. It's so much easier to whip out the phone wherever you are, instead of going to the PC and firing it up. Worse with privacy breaches, cookies etc! However I still won't do 'send to all'

When forwarding secondary information I will revert to my old email philosophy and take a moment before forwarding.

These communications apps really help when stuck at home and we all need contact with friends and family, video is cool as well! Doubly so when in lockdown as a result of this virus.

​​​​​​Jon

PS also :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...formation/amp/

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 28th 2020 at 6:16 am.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 6:31 am
BE Positive

I've noticed recently on the TV that all the presenters the politicians etc have nicely cut and ordered hair. (Except Boris, who has always had an 'unruly mop' ! )

You can't socially distance and cut hair!!

I ordered at the weekend, online, a hair cutting kit as the 'wig' has gone out of control - it's never been so long & unmanageable. A good friend cut her husband's hair recently and did a great job, aided by YouTube videos. So convinced me to give it a bash.

So in a couple of days (and after weeks of isolation) the BH will be handed the sharp tools ... And I will bear my neck

I'll pick a time when she is in a good mood... I want my 'ears lowered' without any blood! .

Jon
Old Mar 31st 2020, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

We all await your `after' photos 😱 Mike has decided to go back to his youth & grow his long & wear it in a ponytail.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:57 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
We all await your `after' photos 😱 Mike has decided to go back to his youth & grow his long & wear it in a ponytail.
Ponytail!
I often wondered if there was an inner hippy wanting to break out !

With all the free time we have, especially in the garden... You may want to check which plants he is growing!! 😱

Stay safe and 'spaced out' .... Watching Star Trek I mean .

Jon
​​​​
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 7:49 am
BE Positive

Here is a message from my oldest friend of 55+ years. We grew up on the same street, and meet up whenever we can. He is talking about his daughter and daughter in law, both on the front line. (I've deleted names for privacy reasons)

We clap each night on our terrace, at 20:00 when the church bells ring. Tonight we will do it twice, Belgium and UK local times.... Here is his message......

I totally agree with you Jon, in The south west we have the lowest rate in uk. M and S are right on front line working 13hr shifts. M came home from A and E on Friday morning after covering 3 times 13hr night shifts. She slept for nearly 24 hrs to recover.

Frontline staff cannot do this week in week out.

We are still a long way from the top of the curve. I not worried about myself but family yes.

Like most people in the world at the moment we just want some light at the end of the tunnel

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 2nd 2020 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Here is a message from my oldest friend of 55+ years. We grew up on the same street, and meet up whenever we can. He is talking about his daughter and daughter in law, both on the front line. (I've deleted names for privacy reasons)

We clap each night on our terrace, at 20:00 when the church bells ring. Tonight we will do it twice, Belgium and UK local times.... Here is his message......

I totally agree with you Jon, in The south west we have the lowest rate in uk. M and S are right on front line working 13hr shifts. M came home from A and E on Friday morning after covering 3 times 13hr night shifts. She slept for nearly 24 hrs to recover.

Frontline staff cannot do this week in week out.

We are still a long way from the top of the curve. I not worried about myself but family yes.

Like most people in the world at the moment we just want some light at the end of the tunnel
We walk on the west terrace at 20.00 ES and since we are so far from everybody I blow kath’s dads police whistle and she blows her schoolteachers referees whistle. Right old racket we make but Bill hears us!
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 5:14 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We walk on the west terrace at 20.00 ES and since we are so far from everybody I blow kath’s dads police whistle and she blows her schoolteachers referees whistle. Right old racket we make but Bill hears us!
Poor Bill ,- he probably spent another night in the cupboard

There maybe, is a possibility of a vaccine this year 🤞🤞🙏🙏

Johnson & Johnson will use a genetically engineered adenovirus (Ad5) with a SARS-CoV-2 surface protein in its proposed new vaccine - aiming for a billion doses by autumn, overlapping Phase 1 & 2 trials, all to be done on a 'not for profit' basis.
The $1 billion bet: Pharma giant and U.S. government team up in all-out coronavirus

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...s-vaccine-push
Old Apr 6th 2020, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I can well imagine that. Probably hear the whistles a long way off, given that sound travels very well at night!
Old Apr 24th 2020, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

I thought some might be interested in this video: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

It is about the Spanish property market relative to Covid-19. I recommend that you forward to 6 minutes as there is a long preamble of nothing at the beginning while all the participants join the video conference.
They cover:
  1. the completion, or otherwise, of contracts to sell / buy caught in the Covid-19 lockdown;
  2. rental situation for business rentals and residential lettings
  3. the state of the property market right now (April 24th 2020)
  4. what might happen to the market in the future
Hope it is useful.

Last edited by ElizabethAnn; Apr 24th 2020 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

This daily update - 4.00pm - seems to be a reasonably accurate set of data in English that folks here might find useful. https://www.youtube.com/user/PuaInSpain/videos

Also published on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coronavirusinspaininformation/

The video covers the latest figures from the Spanish Govt. and what is happening to the 'lockdown' regulations and laws.

(I have no affiliation.)

Last edited by ElizabethAnn; Apr 24th 2020 at 7:56 am. Reason: More detailed information about the content.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.