Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CERA Discussion

CERA Discussion

Old Oct 27th 2014, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CERA Discussion

I write the occasional letter and post wee parcels too.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Wasn't aware that Phil was no longer President. Who is? We've had no communications from CERA despite being members.
Mike
If you go to Costa Esuri Residents Association - Home it will tell you who are on the committee etc. The minutes of the meetings are also there although the minutes of the AGM on 26tg September aren't there yet. If you haven't received any emails from then it could be that they haven't got your email address so if you email the secretary you can make sure you receive all future information.
Kath
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
Mike
If you go to Costa Esuri Residents Association - Home it will tell you who are on the committee etc. The minutes of the meetings are also there although the minutes of the AGM on 26tg September aren't there yet. If you haven't received any emails from then it could be that they haven't got your email address so if you email the secretary you can make sure you receive all future information.
Kath
Thanks Kath - I had 3 other CERA Home pages in my favourites list (all of which seemed to work) but not the one you posted. I have now edited my list. I used to get loads of emails when Marina was secretary, I guess the new secretary is still settling in
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

That's probably right Mike, although as she is now the president an email to her should get you some info still.

Kath
Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CERA Discussion

Thanks Kath - I had 3 other CERA Home pages in my favourites list (all of which seemed to work) but not the one you posted. I have now edited my list. I used to get loads of emails when Marina was secretary, I guess the new secretary is still settling in
Just to confirm Marina is now President and a delightful retired Spanish law Professor is now Secretary. It is unfortunate that he has little English but he certainly knows his way round the Horizontal Property Law so I think we get the better of the bargain. I feel sure Marina will be monitoring the email inbox for any messages in English so you will get a response.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Just to confirm Marina is now President and a delightful retired Spanish law Professor is now Secretary. It is unfortunate that he has little English but he certainly knows his way round the Horizontal Property Law so I think we get the better of the bargain. I feel sure Marina will be monitoring the email inbox for any messages in English so you will get a response.
I'd like to thank Phil for his work on CERA, the new team certainly 'upped the game' quite quickly too... with eg regular visits with the Town Hall, rubbish clearance, voting changes, sports, social events POST BOX!!! etc etc... and I felt that I was getting a lot of information too.

I'd also like to thank Marina for her work as secretary and congratulate her on the presidency, and its really good, IMO, to have a Spanish President too to show that CERA is for all.

Considering all this is done voluntarily, I think thanks are well in order... to the team as well as Phil and Marina

Jon
Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I'd like to thank Phil for his work on CERA, the new team certainly 'upped the game' quite quickly too... with eg regular visits with the Town Hall, rubbish clearance, voting changes, sports, social events POST BOX!!! etc etc... and I felt that I was getting a lot of information too.

I'd also like to thank Marina for her work as secretary and congratulate her on the presidency, and its really good, IMO, to have a Spanish President too to show that CERA is for all.

Considering all this is done voluntarily, I think thanks are well in order... to the team as well as Phil and Marina

Jon
Old Oct 28th 2014, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Jon

Couldn't agree more Jon. Without those worthies who freely give their time for all things related to Esuri, we would be in a sorry state.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Wasn't aware that Phil was no longer President. Who is? We've had no communications from CERA despite being members.
Phil has sold up and returned to the UK,about 3 weeks ago,

Ken.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Miracles really do happen.

For the whole time it has existed CERA via the ex President Phil Johnson has been asking first the Town Hall then Correos for a posting box for Esuri. Well it has landed at the r/about at the bottom of the road leading up to the shop.

Nothing for five years then the new President cut out the Town Hall and went direct to the Correos in town and said could we have a post box please. What a co- incidence they say we have just taken one out elsewhere in town you can have that one. Then the devil rose again all post box sitings are determined by Correos Madrid you will have to wait until they have considered the matter! They retired for the consideration and of course to consult the Mayor!

It must be election time we now after F I V E long years now have a post box. Well done CERA and viva la Presidente's.
Well John,let's hope people use it,and give them a reason to have it there,I think for the 4/5 letters we post a year,we would struggle to support it?,
Email's/txts/Whatsapp/Twitter seem to work fine for us.

Ken.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Well John,let's hope people use it,and give them a reason to have it there,I think for the 4/5 letters we post a year,we would struggle to support it?,
Email's/txts/Whatsapp/Twitter seem to work fine for us.

Ken.
Yes the world has moved on but SWMBO still insists we send real birthday cards and such to the nearest and dearest. Then there are the legal bits and pieces that need to be signed and sent back

Also there are now lots of Spanish who have made Esuri their home and I think they deserve a service that every small village in Spain has. Now to test if it works or not.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the world has moved on but SWMBO still insists we send real birthday cards and such to the nearest and dearest. Then there are the legal bits and pieces that need to be signed and sent back

Also there are now lots of Spanish who have made Esuri their home and I think they deserve a service that every small village in Spain has. Now to test if it works or not.
I agree this is a basic requirement. Also CE is a holiday destination and some people still send postcards.... as well as letters and other festive cards Xmas, birthday and the rest

Jon
Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to receiving my CERA Christmas card and 2015 calendar!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Judging now finished and calendar approved price set and should be available next week. Also to be sold over the counter at the Christmas Craft Fare to be held on the clubhouse car park in early December. Get your order in now!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh! Does one order cards/calendars via CERA website? Booked the flights!

Last edited by Carol&John; Nov 4th 2014 at 9:26 am. Reason: reread post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.