Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CERA Discussion

CERA Discussion

Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:51 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default CERA Discussion

Ive started a new thread as I think it is more appropriate to separate this out of the Gof Club discussion

Originally Posted by guesswork
I am not on the CERA committee.

If you are a member of the Association you should have received an email over the last few days about an EGM taking place next month.

Below is a copy of the letter which was attached to the email

Dear Residents,
As you probably know, the Costa Esuri Residents Association (C.E.R.A ) was duly constituted in May , 2010.
For some time, for various reasons the C.E.R.A has not been operating as an Association would, with the participation of all its members.
As Founder members, we consider that the Association is necessary in Costa Esuri, not only to speak with one voice to the Town Hall, the E.U.C. and the media, but also to have a responsible and dependable channel of communication amongst ALL RESIDENTS. Without prejudice to other activities that could be carried out in interest of the community.
In this respect, we would like to call all residents in Costa Esuri to a meeting to be held on Monday, 14th April, 2014 at 7pm in the golf clubhouse of Golf Costa Esuri in order to decide if CERA should become operative again and if so, to elect its Committee members.
We would appreciate if you could pass this message to any residents you may be in contact with.
Looking forward to see you at the meeting.
I received this email from the organiser of the CERA meeting Marina Martinez

Jon, you have my approval to publish the call to the meeting on the expat forum, and also, to give my email to whomever you consider appropriate. If things work out well, we will have an specific email address for the CERA's business.

What we are interested now is to know if the residents actually wish an Association as it was originally designed and that you are perfectly well reflecting on your email. To this purpose, we would like as many residents as possible to attend the meeting.

On the other hand, we are confident that the clubhouse will be open on the 14th April. If not, we will send a note sufficiently in advance to inform of a different place.

Many thanks for your support.

Marina

If you wish to support this and are not there you can mail your ideas to Marina Martinez on [email protected]

Here is what I wrote in reply to the invitation to the meeting

Hi Marina

I couldn't agree more, one of the biggest disappointments I have had is that the CERA became a ‘social organsation’ (only). Social is great, but we also need to use the legal authority we have to influence the town hall to make improvements to our development. This for me is the first priority. Once this is understood, a social side to improve communication and community feeling between the various nationalities here – would be great.

This first priority becomes more important especially as we have the 4m + 1.7m Bank guarantees to use. Surely we are the best people to influence decision making on how this money is spent, within the rules of the guarantee’s, of course.

I'm afraid the current management – who maybe nice people – are also big in business in CE and there could perhaps be a conflict of interest (in the minimum) if there is an issue regarding CERA to ‘push back’ against the town hall and/or the EUC. The worst case argument for me is that the CERA ‘threat’ was killed by the EUC - and the EUC continue to control. And I don't have any respect for The EUC and the way they manage – I am even suspicious about the way they wield control and power with no proper communication to the people who pay them!

I would love to see a board consisting of Spanish and British, ideally a Spanish president that can be a voice for the Spanish community, as I fear that they don’t feel involved today. With a powerful Spanish backing, many of whom have the right to vote, this will also put pressure on the mayor and his team to listen to the needs of this large part of his electorate.... who also pay higher fees and taxes than the rest of Ayamonte.

I am here now – but leave before 14/4 but please use this email as my full support for a CERA that conforms to the above. So this is the vote of myself and my wife. I would be delighted to pay membership fees for this and would be very open to the amount of an annual contribution – certainly more than the old 5Euro annual charge.

I can also post this on the expat forum if you wish but need your permission. I would also need a communication point to offer people not in CE to register their vote.

Good luck!

Jon

PS will the golf club be actually open on 14/4?

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 31st 2014 at 9:09 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CERA Discussion

CERA have a new board

Lets wish them luck!

More info here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...94&postcount=6

Jon
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and Thank you!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Good luck and Thank you!
Couldn't agree more....and it's good to see some strong characters involved.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent comments and questions prior to the meeting, and also asked to receive a copy of the minutes and how we could join the group. To date we have received nothing whatsoever. How can they be taken seriously???
Old Jun 8th 2014, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CERA Discussion

Originally Posted by sunqueen
We sent comments and questions prior to the meeting, and also asked to receive a copy of the minutes and how we could join the group. To date we have received nothing whatsoever. How can they be taken seriously???
The newly formed committee have had two meeting within a week. The first to elect to the prescribed positions of President, Secretary and Treasurer. The second to look at a programme going forward for the summer. The first was needed to put CERA in a position to make the proper reports to the Gobernio in Hulelva and to subsequently open a bank account. The second was more housekeeping but to also allow for some activities over the summer. The President is Mr Phillip Johnson and this has been communicated to all former members for who we had contact emails and hopefully any potential members who had given contact details. From the second meeting the Secretary and treasurer are trying to put together a definitive list of former members and potential members so that minutes can be sent out very quickly. This is difficult since we do not have the correct paperwork yet.

The CERA website is being revamped as we speak and minutes will again appear on the website soon after publication. The new committee is determined that CERA should be as open and accessible as possible but as we write there is not yet a meeting place available to CERA on Esuri so it is not possible to hold the more public meetings of the cmttee that we would wish. Steps are being taken to work round this problem. The following message was sent out to all those we had contact details for immediately following the EGM at the end of May:-

"Dear members of the CERA and residents in Costa Esuri,

Yesterday, 31st May, an Extraordinary General Assembly of the ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ (CERA) has been held.

Among other issues, of which you will receive information very soon, a new Committee has been designated, as follows:

Mrs. Amparo Lalinde, Mrs. Barbra Trayer, Mr. John Mustow, Mr. Malcolm Maxwell Mrs. Marina Martinez, Mr. Philip Johnson, Mr. Rafaeal Montserrat, Mrs. Sharon Stokes, Mr. William McCall.

We need at the soonest to confirm either your previous membership or your wish to become a member of the CERA.

Also, in order for us to be able to send you information on the CERA, we would very much appreciate your reply to [email protected] confirming your contact details

On the the other hand, if you do not wish to receive information regarding CERA please let us now.

Finaly, in order to contact as many residents as possible, please feel free to forward this message to your neighbours.

Best regards,
Marina Martínez"

So everyone should make sure that the secretary has their contact details.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

AT LAST NEW FENCES, ROUND THE COMMERCIAL CENTRE

The COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION has been urging the Town Hall to intervene with Martinsa-Fadesa to ensure that the fences around the commercial center were repaired.

The M-F commercial centre is the first construction to be seen when coming into Costa Esuri and the image it gave was very depressing. Not only because it was unfinished but also because it looked abandoned, since the fences were in a very bad condition for quite a long time and finally large parts had disappeared.

Not only the poor image they presented but also there was a serious danger of accidents, since people had free access to the inside of the building and all of us knew that children used to play inside.

Finally, the insistence of CERA together with the intervention of the Town Hall has been successful and M-F, at their own cost, has repaired the fence around the commercial center, which will also allow a better garden maintenance.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Oct 18th 2014 at 5:57 pm. Reason: English
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Shall see it myself tomorrow.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Carol&John

Shall see it myself tomorrow.
I shall see you tomorrow then to explain the finer points of the bright shiny new fence.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was law to have secure fencing around all building works in Spain and recently around Ayamonte it seemed to be being enforced. For a while it will look fine till the Herbert's start to remove and or damage it and it will be another eyesore.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I thought it was law to have secure fencing around all building works in Spain and recently around Ayamonte it seemed to be being enforced. For a while it will look fine till the Herbert's start to remove and or damage it and it will be another eyesore.
I think it is part of EU H&S requirements and has been for many years. So why were Fadesa allowed to ignore the rules for so long. Perhaps there will be elections soon and a lot more voters live on Esuri now!

We the people who live here will have to keep a weather eye open for Herbert and ring the GC as soon as he shows.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I think it is part of EU H&S requirements and has been for many years. So why were Fadesa allowed to ignore the rules for so long. Perhaps there will be elections soon and a lot more voters live on Esuri now!

We the people who live here will have to keep a weather eye open for Herbert and ring the GC as soon as he shows.
Perhaps we should be looking for 'Herberto'
Old Oct 27th 2014, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Miracles really do happen.

For the whole time it has existed CERA via the ex President Phil Johnson has been asking first the Town Hall then Correos for a posting box for Esuri. Well it has landed at the r/about at the bottom of the road leading up to the shop.

Nothing for five years then the new President cut out the Town Hall and went direct to the Correos in town and said could we have a post box please. What a co- incidence they say we have just taken one out elsewhere in town you can have that one. Then the devil rose again all post box sitings are determined by Correos Madrid you will have to wait until they have considered the matter! They retired for the consideration and of course to consult the Mayor!

It must be election time we now after F I V E long years now have a post box. Well done CERA and viva la Presidente's.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Miracles really do happen.

For the whole time it has existed CERA via the ex President Phil Johnson has been asking first the Town Hall then Correos for a posting box for Esuri. Well it has landed at the r/about at the bottom of the road leading up to the shop.

Nothing for five years then the new President cut out the Town Hall and went direct to the Correos in town and said could we have a post box please. What a co- incidence they say we have just taken one out elsewhere in town you can have that one. Then the devil rose again all post box sitings are determined by Correos Madrid you will have to wait until they have considered the matter! They retired for the consideration and of course to consult the Mayor!

It must be election time we now after F I V E long years now have a post box. Well done CERA and viva la Presidente's.
Wasn't aware that Phil was no longer President. Who is? We've had no communications from CERA despite being members.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Do people still write paper letters and buy stamps ?

Only jesting ... Mind you I can't recall using a post box myself in decades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.