Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Purchase Advice

Car Purchase Advice

Old Jul 5th 2020, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Purchase Advice

Hi Guys, hope you are all keeping well. We are flying into Seville in a few weeks and are considering buying a second hand car. We have a hire car for a fortnight. We would greatly appreciate any advice on where to go locally or in Seville (presumably a garage for "relative" safety). How long does it take from buying to getting possession of the car? Is insurance expensive/easy to arrange (car value probably €4 to 7K)? Same for the tax? G & R
Old Jul 6th 2020, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Purchase Advice

I bought one from Carlecar at Cartaya Official Ford dealer. Alvaro was very easy to deal with. Mine took about a week to get but that was due to me moving money from the UK The car should be taxed as you generally tax cars in September only.

You could also try Meri at the unofficial Ford dealer behind the local Police station. He speaks excellent English and always has a selection of cars in 0034 629 271535

You will definitely need an Empadriamento Certificate that is less than 3 months old. I presume you have had one before. You get them from the Town Hall Take you Passport and proof of address. They cost about 4 euros

Last edited by guesswork; Jul 6th 2020 at 8:18 am. Reason: Word missing
Old Jul 6th 2020, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Guesswork. I can't remember having applied for a padron as I'm not resident. Rosalia is a citizen and I presume there should be no problem getting one from the Ayamonte Ajuntamiento for her. G
Old Jul 6th 2020, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
Hi Guys, hope you are all keeping well. We are flying into Seville in a few weeks and are considering buying a second hand car. We have a hire car for a fortnight. We would greatly appreciate any advice on where to go locally or in Seville (presumably a garage for "relative" safety). How long does it take from buying to getting possession of the car? Is insurance expensive/easy to arrange (car value probably €4 to 7K)? Same for the tax? G & R
https://www.lineadirecta.com/english-expats/

Linea Directa good service, reasonable price ( not the cheapest ) but generally worthwhile as easy to set up. Road tax an annual charge , need to check if the car you buy has paid for this year and/or when it is due. Also need to check if vehicle inspection is up to date . If you go through a dealer should be all set out for you but always worthwhile checking.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

If you are looking for a cheaper car for your arrival i would recommend Ocasionplus.com of Seville. I bought 2 cars there last year which were very good value and the whole buying process was excellent. One of the cars was a Hyundai I30 SW Auto with just 82,750 kms for just 7200. If you are adventurous and like one from their site for a reasonable value you could do all transaction in just 3 days remotely and they would meet you at airport with it, already taxed and fully paperworked so that you could drive it away to Ayamonte direct. All cars they sell have a 7 day / 1000 kms full exchange guarantee.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, I will check out OceanPlus. George
Old Jul 7th 2020, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Sry, Ocasionplus.com!!!
Old Jul 8th 2020, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
Sry, Ocasionplus.com!!!