Car hire

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Car hire

Originally Posted by MKABZ
We just flew into Faro a few days ago. On the Ryanair website there was a form which it said should be printed off and completed for the authorities in Faro, which we duly did. Came through Faro airport and no one requested any forms from us.
Lovely. Thanks for that. I will look for it. Kx 😊
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Hi Kath
I seem to remember reading that most insurance companies would not cover lost income due to lock down or travel quaratine ,but please don't quote me on this
chris
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Kath
I seem to remember reading that most insurance companies would not cover lost income due to lock down or travel quaratine ,but please don't quote me on this
chris
Thanks for the information; wouldn't make any difference to us though. Biggest problem is granddaughter going back to school but there are still more than 14 days of the holiday left ... just 🤣
Old Jul 24th 2020, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
Lovely. Thanks for that. I will look for it. Kx 😊
Hi Kath,
You are most welcome. Enjoy your holiday, weather is lovely out here at the moment. Just the whole social distancing thing is a bit of a nightmare.

Mary x.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

We are going out to Costa Esuri in a few weeks time. We normally use the "big name" car hire firms at the airport but I am thinking this time of trying Zest car hire. Apart from the firms mentioned above, does anyone have any other recommendations through Zest, or any companies which should be avoided.
Thanks.

Mary.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use Zest under their previous name Economy car hire. They are basically an agent for selection of companies I always thought they were excellent
Included in there price is Excess cover but I would take out your own cover for Tyres glass keys etc. Its about €60 euros for a year

When you select a car check things like charges for going to Spain, Tolls and local charges as the companies vary a lot

I always chose Travelrent or Drive4Fun through them. Both were excellent
Old Oct 15th 2020, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guesswork,
Thanks for your reply. I also have used them in the past under their previous name, only the once or twice but always had a brand name with them. I like the fact that with zest all the extra charges are there to be seen, such as the toll or driving to Spain charge, so you know the total amount up front and they are a lot more reasonable. With the large companies I find they only add on these charges when you get to the desk and therefore don't know in advance how much they are going to charge, I do feel they are getting more expensive over the last few years, hence why I want to give Zest a go.

We have an excess cover policy already so that is covered.

Mary.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

We are going out to Costa Esuri in a few weeks time. We normally use the "big name" car hire firms at the airport but I am thinking this time of trying Zest car hire. Apart from the firms mentioned above, does anyone have any other recommendations through Zest, or any companies which should be avoided.
Thanks.

Mary.
Most of the rentcos that Zest broker are similar. You can check details for each by clicking on the conditions link on their website. Things to look for are the fuel policy (ie do they charge for a full tank, or is it a full- to-full, fair fuel policy) Travel into Spain (usually 10 to 20€s) free additional driver, toll transducer ( usually 20€ but you get 15€ credit) etc. Also the returnable deposit/credit card hypothecation - should be less than 500€
It's certainly worth insuring additional risk eg glass, tyres, keys, underbody etc which are not covered by the standard policy. For a 1 off trip Zest's policy is quite good and you get no arguements at pickup. For multitrips it's worth an annual policy.
We usually use Drive4fun or Travelrent. D4F are in P4 carpark and you return to there but TR are off site and has a shuttlebus (which saves the airport charge but is less convenient)
Best of luck with your trip . We are longing to be there but are put off by the risks.

Last edited by MikeJ; Oct 15th 2020 at 2:06 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:20 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Most of the rentcos that Zest broker are similar. You can check details for each by clicking on the conditions link on their website. Things to look for are the fuel policy (ie do they charge for a full tank, or is it a full- to-full, fair fuel policy) Travel into Spain (usually 10 to 20€s) free additional driver, toll transducer ( usually 20€ but you get 15€ credit) etc. Also the returnable deposit/credit card hypothecation - should be less than 500€
It's certainly worth insuring additional risk eg glass, tyres, keys, underbody etc which are not covered by the standard policy. For a 1 off trip Zest's policy is quite good and you get no arguements at pickup. For multitrips it's worth an annual policy.
We usually use Drive4fun or Travelrent. D4F are in P4 carpark and you return to there but TR are off site and has a shuttlebus (which saves the airport charge but is less convenient)
Best of luck with your trip . We are longing to be there but are put off by the risks.

Hiya Mike, when did Travel Rent move off site ? Not been there this year due to Covid19 but we have used them for years and like the fact they were on P4 carpark. I prefer to pay the €15 airport tax than the hassle of a shuttlebus.
Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news but speaking to a friend who lives on CE today and she said that it is likely that the Spain to Portugal bridge will close to stop traffic between the two counties - don't want to be doom and glom but if anyone is making the do just check the situation.
All the best Mel

Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mike,
The reason we have always stuck to the brand name companies in the past is because of the stories of hidden car damage etc, which they zoom in on when the car is returned. In the past the price difference didn't seem too bad versus any hassle on returning the car. That is the thing I would be more concerned about, even with my Excess Cover policy and why I am looking for recommendations. It sounds like it is worth going with one of these companies mentioned through Zest that are on site in the car park. Any dodgy nonsense and I just wouldn't use them again.
Thanks for the info.
I was also in Costa Esuri in August, I don't normally like it then, too busy but for the time of year it was quiet. The social distancing was not well adhered to when out in Ayamonte or VRSA. I didn't notice any extra spacing between tables in cafes and restaurants.
Mary.

Last edited by MKABZ; Oct 15th 2020 at 2:35 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya Mike, when did Travel Rent move off site ? Not been there this year due to Covid19 but we have used them for years and like the fact they were on P4 carpark. I prefer to pay the €15 airport tax than the hassle of a shuttlebus.
Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news but speaking to a friend who lives on CE today and she said that it is likely that the Spain to Portugal bridge will close to stop traffic between the two counties - don't want to be doom and glom but if anyone is making the do just check the situation.
All the best Mel
Oh I hope not! I have been wondering if any stricter measures would come in but was hoping to travel before anything happened.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:54 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I hope not! I have been wondering if any stricter measures would come in but was hoping to travel before anything happened.
Michael Halligan may be able to confirm. Sorry to cause you worry😒
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Michael Halligan may be able to confirm. Sorry to cause you worry😒
Hi,
I have no idea who that is. Can you enlighten me please?
If they do shut the bridge, I guess we just have to look at other options for travelling.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Mel
I may be wrong about Travelrent - it was some time since I used them.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Question: When they close the bridge at Ayamonte do they also close the bridges at El Granado, Paymogo and Rosal de la Frontera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.