Car hire

Old Jul 20th 2020, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Debbie64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car hire

Good afternoon all .. I know this topic comes up a lot .. I am looking for some car hire from faro airport in August.. not so much the cheapest but most reliable.. have used others in the past and had different problems.. just want one that’s hassle free please.. any help would be much appreciated thanks all x

Last edited by Rosemary; Jul 20th 2020 at 2:29 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Car hire

Originally Posted by Debbie64
Good afternoon all .. I know this topic comes up a lot .. I am looking for some car hire from faro airport in August.. not so much the cheapest but most reliable.. have used others in the past and had different problems.. just want one that’s hassle free please.. any help would be much appreciated thanks all x
Hi
We have used Travelrent for the best part of twenty years & never had any issues yet
Chris

Last edited by Rosemary; Jul 20th 2020 at 2:29 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Debbie64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
We have used Travelrent for the best part of twenty years & never had any issues yet
Chris
thank you Chris will have a look online.. Chris do you know if it’s ok to bring a care over the broader to Spain at the moment with Covid-19.. and if so is this there an extra charge thanks x
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use Drive4Fun They were excellent

There are loads of Pt rental cars in Ayamonte at the moment. So there cant be any problems bringing them over the border. There are no checks at the border
Old Jul 20th 2020, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
I used to use Drive4Fun They were excellent

There are loads of Pt rental cars in Ayamonte at the moment. So there cant be any problems bringing them over the border. There are no checks at the border
You would be surprised how many bring over their rentalcars over the border without proper insurance because not many read their rental policies . Most rental companies charge extra for cross border rentals or have clausules in their policies who says you have no cover in Spain. Travelrent has not , You would be fine with them.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:36 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

I agree as we have used Travel Rent for years and never had any problems. They charged €10 for cross border travel so you are then covered for Spain. You pay this on pick up as you do the €15 airport tax and also for booster/baby seats if you have little ones. We normally book Travel Rent via ZEST and pay in sterling for the car hire with a CC. As our last trip was cancelled due to Covid our car hire could not go ahead and ZEST refunded straight away.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:39 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

We always use Drive4Fun, good rates, include cross border travel and the standard insurance cover is good. Plus they are based in the airport car park so no transit issues.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:40 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
I agree as we have used Travel Rent for years and never had any problems. They charged €10 for cross border travel so you are then covered for Spain. You pay this on pick up as you do the €15 airport tax and also for booster/baby seats if you have little ones. We normally book Travel Rent via ZEST and pay in sterling for the car hire with a CC. As our last trip was cancelled due to Covid our car hire could not go ahead and ZEST refunded straight away.
Agreed, booking through Zest also works well and they were excellent with post-Covid refunds
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
Agreed, booking through Zest also works well and they were excellent with post-Covid refunds
Agree with ZEST - got instant refund for Covid cancellation, very impressed. Usually go for Drive4fun cars. It's worth noting that Zest's additional insurance cover (for a single trip) is worth having as it covers all those things you don't think about like glass, underbody, tyres, keys etc. Once stood behind a returnee arguing about a bill for €300 for a tyre blowout. Also Drive4fun have a €300 card hypothecation whereas a lot of the other rentcos are in the €800-1000 ! Also returns out of hours is straightforward.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We always use Zest too; excellent service. A couple of years ago we had 3 deaths in the UK in 3 months and had to change our plans several times. They were very helpful and even managed to get us a refund when we had to return the car a couple of weeks early. We usually use Travelrent or Rentauto (these don't charge anything for crossing to Spain) but will now consider Drive4Fun too as recommended. One year I had a bump and returned the car to Travelrent at the end of the holiday and when I pointed out the damage he just shrugged and wasn't bothered.
They mainly do maximum 28 day rentals but we have just booked 2 different rentals; one to end at 12 noon on the middle day and the other to start at 12 noon on the same day. Then Zest arranged for the two rentals to run together so we didn't have to return the car on the middle day. We also use Insurance4Carhire annual policy to cover the extras.
Has anyone flown into Faro recently? I just wondered if there were any problems to look out for as we are due to fly out next week (and hope that the quarantine rules will change in the meantime).
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Evening
I haven't myself yet , but I know friends who have.I believe Faro is very quiet ,there is some paper work to fill in nothing complicated ,the border has not been a problem . We intend to get out there ASAP
Chris
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Evening
I haven't myself yet , but I know friends who have.I believe Faro is very quiet ,there is some paper work to fill in nothing complicated ,the border has not been a problem . We intend to get out there ASAP
Chris
thanks, that sounds promising. I believe that when you fly to Spain you have to fill in paperwork before you go; is there anything to be done beforehand to Faro or only when you get there? 😎
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Kath Las Colinas;12886017]thanks, that sounds promising. I believe that when you fly to Spain you have to fill in paperwork before you go; is there anything to be done beforehand to Faro or only when you get there? 😎[/QUOTE
morning
I believe it is all some what hit or miss ,our friends weren't asked for anything @ Faro ???
I don't know if you have read the papers today but England is concidering posponing the air bridge with Spain but @ the same time lifiting restrictions with Portugal ,all very confussing
Chris
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE
I don't know if you have read the papers today but England is concidering posponing the air bridge with Spain but @ the same time lifiting restrictions with Portugal ,all very confussing
Chris
yes, very confusing. I believe a decision is to be made on Monday and then after that it will change from 3 weekly reviews yo rolling reviews. Which means that you will be able to go to some countries safely but the advice change mid trip; how does that affect your travel insurance? 🤔
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
We always use Zest too; excellent service. A couple of years ago we had 3 deaths in the UK in 3 months and had to change our plans several times. They were very helpful and even managed to get us a refund when we had to return the car a couple of weeks early. We usually use Travelrent or Rentauto (these don't charge anything for crossing to Spain) but will now consider Drive4Fun too as recommended. One year I had a bump and returned the car to Travelrent at the end of the holiday and when I pointed out the damage he just shrugged and wasn't bothered.
They mainly do maximum 28 day rentals but we have just booked 2 different rentals; one to end at 12 noon on the middle day and the other to start at 12 noon on the same day. Then Zest arranged for the two rentals to run together so we didn't have to return the car on the middle day. We also use Insurance4Carhire annual policy to cover the extras.
Has anyone flown into Faro recently? I just wondered if there were any problems to look out for as we are due to fly out next week (and hope that the quarantine rules will change in the meantime).
We just flew into Faro a few days ago. On the Ryanair website there was a form which it said should be printed off and completed for the authorities in Faro, which we duly did. Came through Faro airport and no one requested any forms from us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.