Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I cycle across the bridge to PT?

Can I cycle across the bridge to PT?

Old Sep 6th 2017, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Can I cycle across the bridge to PT?

I have a friend who is cycling in the area and will go into PT. Can he go across the bridge or must he take the ferry?
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I cycle across the bridge to PT?

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
I have a friend who is cycling in the area and will go into PT. Can he go across the bridge or must he take the ferry?
Strictly speaking the bridge is not part of the motorway (up to the VRSA turn off) so yes he could legally cycle across it. But I wouldn't advise it knowing the quality of drivers who use it. I have often seen cyclists pushing their bikes along the narrow pedestrian walkways but I don't recall anyone actually cycling across. Depends how brave he is

The ferry is certainly the safest option and an easy lead into the N125 for his ongoing journey. Mind you the N125 is a bit hairy at times.

Last edited by MikeJ; Sep 6th 2017 at 6:21 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Re: Can I cycle across the bridge to PT?

Thanks, Mike, I'll pass this on. Much appreciated.