Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

spongesdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying in Costa Esuri.

Help required. I am thinking about buying an apartment in Costa Esuri. Price is very good as it's a repossessed property. Pictures look good and I am thinking about a viewing trip to look at the property and area. But I am not familiar with this part of the world. Friends got a place in Ayamonte and recommend the area. But can anyone please provide practical advice. I would like to know;
1. How well populated is Costa Esuri?
2. Crime. Is it a safe area?.
3. Amenities. What's it like for bar's and shops, restaurants etc.
4. Service costs. What are the local taxes and typical service charges for apartments.
5. Any other general advice.
6. Is it worth buying in this area.

Thanks in advance

Spongesdad
Old Jul 30th 2014, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

I have had my 3 bed apartment for 7 years so I will estimate figures down accordingly

1 Property on Esuri has been selling in increasing numbers over the last 3 years, mainly due to the prices offered by the banks I obviously dont know the price of the place you are looking at but a 2 bed Fadesa built place can still be had for about 65k euro. That will be a bare place just kitchen units.

2. There have been burglaries in the past but not heard anything for a long time

3 On Esuri there is 1 Restaurant/ Bar Hoyo19 and the shop which also serves as a bar. There is talk that the golf club and course is due to reopened in the near future

4 Community fees approx 850 to 900 euros per year,, Ibi [Council Tax] approx 300 euro per year, Euc which many do not pay approx 120 per year
Dont forget personal tax[ assumed rent approx 100 per year
Gas is cheap as it only heats hot water[ if your not living here get it converted to Bottled gas Cost about 230euro This will save on standing charges, Water fairly pricey, Electric Expensive Full stop

5 Go round all the developments on Esuri and in town On Esuri you must have a car. Its about 5 mile to town. Esuri is generally very peaceful but in July and August it can be noisy well into the not so early hours as a lot of people come here on holiday and want to party. The Spanish dont start till 2300hours

6 Only you can decide that

Originally Posted by spongesdad
Help required. I am thinking about buying an apartment in Costa Esuri. Price is very good as it's a repossessed property. Pictures look good and I am thinking about a viewing trip to look at the property and area. But I am not familiar with this part of the world. Friends got a place in Ayamonte and recommend the area. But can anyone please provide practical advice. I would like to know;
1. How well populated is Costa Esuri?
2. Crime. Is it a safe area?.
3. Amenities. What's it like for bar's and shops, restaurants etc.
4. Service costs. What are the local taxes and typical service charges for apartments.
5. Any other general advice.
6. Is it worth buying in this area.

Thanks in advance

I have had my 3 bed apartment for 7 years so I will estimate figures down accordingly

1 Property on Esuri has been selling in increasing numbers over the last 3 years, mainly due to the prices offered by the banks I obviously dont know the price of the place you are looking at but a 2 bed Fadesa built place can still be had for about 65k euro. That will be a bare place just kitchen units.

2. There have been burglaries in the past but not heard anything for a long time

3 On Esuri there is 1 Restaurant/ Bar Hoyo19 and the shop which also serves as a bar. There is talk that the golf club and course is due to reopened in the near future

4 Community fees approx 850 to 900 euros per year,, Ibi [Council Tax] approx 300 euro per year, Euc which many do not pay approx 120 per year
Gas is cheap as it only heats hot water[ if your not living here get it converted to Bottled gas Cost about 230euro This will save on standing charges, Water fairly pricey, Electric Expensive Full stop

5 Go round all the developments on Esuri and in town On Esuri you must have a car. Its about 5 mile to town. Esuri is generally very peaceful but in July and August it can be noisy well into the not so early hours as a lot of people come here on holiday and want to party. The Spanish dont start till 2300hours

Spongesdad
Old Jul 31st 2014, 3:16 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork

The only thing I can add is...

Even though prices are excellent, try something more than a viewing trip, why not rent here (also cheap) outside high season for a couple of weeks and get a better experience of everything.

You wont regret it, especially if you decide against if something doesnt work for you personally.

However most everybody love the area, 2-country lifestyle, endless beaches within 20mins drive, large golf selection within 30 mins drive, loads of resto/bar choices, 2 airport access, great prices on food/drink, fresh air & nature, etc etc.

But a car is needed to maximise that as locally there is a tiny choice for such a large uncompleted development. Even though we have no golf, the downside financial risk is low, its unlikely that you will lose the 60-70% that others did buying pre-crisis.

But that applies to many parts of Spain, hence come and holiday here to be sure.

Jon
Old Aug 1st 2014, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

bitman is an unknown quantity at this point

a car is indeed needed but most people will come with a rental car from the air port anyway me thinks
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 9:52 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitman
a car is indeed needed but most people will come with a rental car from the air port anyway me thinks
Yes we always check Economy car hire, economy car rental and Argus. But make a little list adding up all the charges (additional driver, border exit, transponder etc)... we have sometimes gotten a better deal once we have totted it all up. And sometimes these costs are bad, good to know up front.

Over the past few rentals Economycarhire have given the best deal, and as members we have points to give us an extra discount, and we can see the names of the rental companies as well.

Jon
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

bitman is an unknown quantity at this point

i use Zitauto at Faro airport
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 4:45 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by bitman
i use Zitauto at Faro airport
I tried that before but they didnt have an online booking engine, and I had to email and wait for a quote. As I prefer to 'get it done' right away, I avoided them. I have friends who highly rate them (as do you)..

Jon
Old Sep 18th 2014, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
My name is Rosa (yes, I am Spanish, but living in the UK) my partner and I are thinking to buy a property in CE. We are liking a lot the look of the houses in Calle Lopez de Ayala. Does anyone here have a property or live there? I got my brother to drive around and send me pictures / video of the area and although it looks unfinished (well, it is, I guess) we are very keen. We have also seen other properties in the CE finished and furnished so we are tempted!

Please let me know your opinion on Lopez de Ayala properties.

Matt and Rosa
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:02 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Given the increasing price difference between the Algarve and CE I would expect you to see an increase in interest.
We have received a large number of enquiries from potential buyers who just do not have the resources to buy want they want in the Algarve.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking to an owner of one of the villas on Lopez de Ayala a few weeks ago and he was saying most have now been sold. I believe 1 person bought about 10 and now rents them out.

The owner also said that those villas will need approx 45000 euros spent on them to finish them off.

Hopefully someone will have more info for you
Old Sep 19th 2014, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by guesswork
I was talking to an owner of one of the villas on Lopez de Ayala a few weeks ago and he was saying most have now been sold. I believe 1 person bought about 10 and now rents them out.

The owner also said that those villas will need approx 45000 euros spent on them to finish them off.

Hopefully someone will have more info for you
Yes, I have contacted one of the agents selling properties there and he did tell me about this, however there are still some for sale (as fas as i know ) 45000! wow that's more than I thought! , but it might be worth it in the long term . we might have to have a plan be just in case.
Thanks for the reply though
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:24 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

I agree with Guesswork some of the properties need work (one or two need a good bit), however this is clear on visiting the properties, they have been empty now for a number of years. That said some people who have bought along this street have made a fine job refurbishing them. Here are a few photos of the area for you.
Attached Thumbnails Buying in Costa Esuri.-villas-esuri-2.jpg   Buying in Costa Esuri.-villas-esuri.jpg  
Old Sep 20th 2014, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michaelh
I agree with Guesswork some of the properties need work (one or two need a good bit), however this is clear on visiting the properties, they have been empty now for a number of years. That said some people who have bought along this street have made a fine job refurbishing them. Here are a few photos of the area for you.
The pictures are amazing! thank you.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by soyrosa
The pictures are amazing! thank you.
They are taken from Michael's hovercopter brilliant. However with the west course just about to re open and the recent rain and extensive watering making the area look really good the remaining bargains won't be around for long.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

DebbieandGraham is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
We finally complete the purchase of our new home on Costa Esuri this Friday and have a few questions for you all:
1. Where's the best place to buy bedding and linen in Ayamonte?
2. We both love our golf and would like to meet a few people at the golf club, what's the best time to go down there and meet people?
Hope I've posted this in the right place? If not, apologies in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.