Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Old Jan 31st 2015, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by soyrosa
After starting the process of buying back in November, we got the lovely surprise of the prices going down again a couple of weeks ago so we stopped the process and re-started with the new prices. Great news!

We are ready to sign now but when we got the breakdown of the money we have to pay the bank have included a one off payment at front of the life insurance for the duration of the mortgage (a big chunk of money)
L
I know I am not forced by law to have a life insurance and definetely the bank cannot force me to have it with them and pay up front.

Has anybody had this problem too? What did you do?

I have asked the bank to change this to a year contract and I will compare products but I am worried they will denie the mortgage.

Rosa
Citizens Advice Bureau SPAIN are running a campaign against bank scams and I am sure this is one they list along with compulsory house insurance with the mortgage. It's not that they are illegal just that you don't have to take them to get the mortgage
Old Jan 31st 2015, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Thank you everyone for your answers. I just been reading about it and it is not in the spanish legislation to have life insurance, only building insurance and this just against fire damage. The rest is optional.

However, if they refuse to give the mortgage unless we get the insurance, it will have to be, won't it?

Another question, how long did it take you guys to get the water and electrics conected? we are flying out soon and would like to have it all ready before we leave. Have any of you done it online? is it possible?
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi if I can offer any advice I would not use the gas boiler.I had an ordeal with the gas connection and paid €200 to be told my water pressure was too low and the boiler would not work.I am on the 2nd floor in Las Colinas.So I installed an electric boiler instead and it has been really good it's on for 1.5 hours a day which supplies enough hot water for the whole day.Hope this helps.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Thank you glaisboy
I wasn't even considering the gas at all! The house we're buying has hot water by solar panels and I did asume this would work!!! I'll bear it in mind the info about the electric boiler.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you glaisboy
I wasn't even considering the gas at all! The house we're buying has hot water by solar panels and I did asume this would work!!! I'll bear it in mind the info about the electric boiler.
We have a 4 panel solar water heater which include a 195 litre glass lined insulated tank. The tank has an immersion heater in the side which heats the water on the 20 or so dull days a year we get in Ayamonte. We are on the two tarrif electric which means we can heat the water from 07.00-08.30 in a morning at low cost so we tend to leave it on in winter which gives hot showers for a 4 bed Casa with ease. The solar gets the temp up to about 45* and the immersion is set just above that so it just tops up a little unless we have a couple of days without sun then it has to do the work on the second day.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

One can disconnect the gas and just use the gas bottle if you would rather save on paying for minimum gas monthly charges if ur not about much in the year.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
One can disconnect the gas and just use the gas bottle if you would rather save on paying for minimum gas monthly charges if ur not about much in the year.

That's what I thought doing, to be honest. just easier.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We have a 4 panel solar water heater which include a 195 litre glass lined insulated tank. The tank has an immersion heater in the side which heats the water on the 20 or so dull days a year we get in Ayamonte. We are on the two tarrif electric which means we can heat the water from 07.00-08.30 in a morning at low cost so we tend to leave it on in winter which gives hot showers for a 4 bed Casa with ease. The solar gets the temp up to about 45* and the immersion is set just above that so it just tops up a little unless we have a couple of days without sun then it has to do the work on the second day.
John is this immersion heater necessary if you only go there on holidays?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

John is this immersion heater necessary if you only go there on holidays?
It can and does happen that you get a poor week if you holiday Oct-April, would you want to be without hot water for a week. We live here full time so we would not chance that. However bottled gas is an alternative just that we are all electric and the immersion is a standard part of solar panel setups. You can always switch it off if you don't want it, we do from May to October.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
It can and does happen that you get a poor week if you holiday Oct-April, would you want to be without hot water for a week. We live here full time so we would not chance that. However bottled gas is an alternative just that we are all electric and the immersion is a standard part of solar panel setups. You can always switch it off if you don't want it, we do from May to October.

No I don't want to risk not having hot water! Thanks for the advice. Will keep the options in mind.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Pauline and John is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

We have just completed the purchase of an apartment on Vista Esuri and are flying out on Good Friday to do some decorating and shopping for patio furniture. Could you please tell me where would be best place to go for paint etc., and whether DIY shops and supermarkets will be open on Good Friday.

Sadly, we can only manage a four day trip at the moment so time is of the essence!

Many thanks,
Pauline
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

In Spain the best DIY selection locally can be found in Leroy Merlin - there are 2 stores in Huelva -one in Corales and the other on the eastern bypass next to Carrefour.
Carrefour hypermarket at Cartaya also have a range of DIY stuff, including paint etc but it is a bit limited. It is worth noting that a lot of paint is sold as a base coat to which you add your own colourants.

However, depending what time you arrive at Faro airport you could go to AKI in Faro. It is just opposite the Algarve Forum and quite easy to find - take the main turn off the airport link road towards Faro and its about 1000m on the right. They do have an excellent range of all sorts of DIY stuff, including paint, and you will save time by stopping off on the journey. Google their web site (AKI Faro) and with your friend google translate you will find all you need to know, including a map to find them

What are you planning to paint? You should be aware that you will need permission from your community if it is outside and a licence from the council if it is inside!

Unfortunately I can't confirm if any of the DIY shops are open on Good Friday - it's unlikely in Spain as they are generally observant of the religious holidays but I can't say the same for Portugal. I'm sure a better informed member will be along shortly.

Last edited by MikeJ; Feb 16th 2015 at 3:13 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Pauline and John is an unknown quantity at this point

The paint is for the interior so we will give Aki a try on our to Ayamonte. Thank you for this info.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Paint shop called Eurotex It is near the corner where the River meets the Marina in Ayamonte

A piece of advice is to buy Quality paint as the walls in the apartments suck it up

My 3 bed apartment used 1 and a half Large Tubs The white costs about 65 euros per tub
Old Feb 16th 2015, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
In Spain the best DIY selection locally can be found in Leroy Merlin - there are 2 stores in Huelva -one in Corales and the other on the eastern bypass next to Carrefour.
Carrefour hypermarket at Cartaya also have a range of DIY stuff, including paint etc but it is a bit limited. It is worth noting that a lot of paint is sold as a base coat to which you add your own colourants.

However, depending what time you arrive at Faro airport you could go to AKI in Faro. It is just opposite the Algarve Forum and quite easy to find - take the main turn off the airport link road towards Faro and its about 1000m on the right. They do have an excellent range of all sorts of DIY stuff, including paint, and you will save time by stopping off on the journey. Google their web site (AKI Faro) and with your friend google translate you will find all you need to know, including a map to find them

What are you planning to paint? You should be aware that you will need permission from your community if it is outside and a licence from the council if it is inside!

Unfortunately I can't confirm if any of the DIY shops are open on Good Friday - it's unlikely in Spain as they are generally observant of the religious holidays but I can't say the same for Portugal. I'm sure a better informed member will be along shortly.
I had no idea you needed a license to paint the interior. Any idea why? Seems a bit OTT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.