Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

I just moved to Costa Esuri although I have been living in Ayamonte for 10 years. To celebrate I bought new bed linen and towels from John Lewis, they deliver to Spain for £7.50. Have a look here: International Shopping and Delivery | John Lewis
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

DebbieandGraham is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I'll take a look
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Bedding and Linen locally would be Villareal over the river there are loads of shops selliing all qualities, just watch the sizes though because they vary. Check exact sizes of beds etc

Golf wise the club has now reopened and the Monday and Friday roll ups have already started. Get to the range about 9.20 on Monday and Friday and you will meet loads of golfers. No need to book a Tee Time byt you will have pay a green fee obviously. They will probably be playing 4 man teams best 2 balls to count
Old Sep 30th 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for the info, will definitely be at the roll up on Monday
Will look forward to meeting everyone
Old Oct 1st 2014, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome. I will leave the golf answer to those who are her more than us but they well probably direct you to the twice weekly rolup. For bedding and all linens youshould think about popping over to Vila Real where there loads of shops all selling what you need. Hope you enjoy your times in this lovely area.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your reply AndyS, much appreciated.
Looks like we'll have lots of exploring to do
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by DebbieandGraham
Hi Everyone,
We finally complete the purchase of our new home on Costa Esuri this Friday and have a few questions for you all:
1. Where's the best place to buy bedding and linen in Ayamonte?
2. We both love our golf and would like to meet a few people at the golf club, what's the best time to go down there and meet people?
Hope I've posted this in the right place? If not, apologies in advance.
For bedding and lots more there is always Ikea in Seville (on motorway just before you get right into Seville, about 1.5 hrs to drive there). But as Guesswork (?) says watch the sizes - typical Spanish pillows are different shape and size.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 8:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
For bedding and lots more there is always Ikea in Seville (on motorway just before you get right into Seville, about 1.5 hrs to drive there). But as Guesswork (?) says watch the sizes - typical Spanish pillows are different shape and size.
Portuguese and northern European (except-UK) have 2 metre long beds, as does IKEA. Spain however has as standard, 1.8 metre length. We bought some mattresses in Spain and made a special order to get the 'proper' 2m length. We arent that tall, but we still want that more normal length to ensure our guests tall or short are OK... and then all the bed linens we buy in Portugal are standard. You can still buy the Portuguese for the Spanish bed and tuck it in more... but why bother?

Widths are (for most continental euro countries)

80.. normally doubled up to make a bed of 160. Can be used as a small single, for non-long term adult use, or long term child use IMO.
90 .. the more usual single adult beds
140 .. a 'small double', often used when space is limited - and was 'common' in older times.
160.. A more 'normal' double bed.

We bought 6 single 90 x 200 beds/mattresses. All the same and got a deal in Spain. The mattresses have a SQUARE 'box-type' cross section. For our 3 bedrooms.

This means you can push them together to get a big (and great) big king-size double... or separate them to have 2 adult single beds. Being square means that there isnt a gap in the middle as you could get with rounded mattresses when pushed together. You dont really notice the 'join' with a square mattress. In France/Belgium you can buy a thing that fills this gap with 2 rounded mattresses called a 'pont d'amour'... (bridge of love) but square cross section is best, and you hardly notice the join.

When we push together I use a little strap, or cord across the legs to ensure they don't move apart, takes 5 mins.

Our bedroom has them pushed together permanently, our 6 mattresses are very firm and a good friend of ours bought across from the UK a memory foam topper, 180 x 200 (can also be bought all over Spain/Portugal - but we got a screaming deal in the UK):

This makes it one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in - huge and comfortable. What little and un-noticeable join we had before has gone with this topper.

The other 2 bedrooms have a choice of huge double or 2 singles, giving us the full choice of options. We use single quilts - so that when couples arrive they have a separate one each, but still big enough to cuddle (etc!!). This is what the Germans do , separate quilts with double beds.

Happy snoring (et al)

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 4th 2014 at 8:54 am.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soyrosa
Hi everyone,
My name is Rosa (yes, I am Spanish, but living in the UK) my partner and I are thinking to buy a property in CE. We are liking a lot the look of the houses in Calle Lopez de Ayala. Does anyone here have a property or live there? I got my brother to drive around and send me pictures / video of the area and although it looks unfinished (well, it is, I guess) we are very keen. We have also seen other properties in the CE finished and furnished so we are tempted!

Please let me know your opinion on Lopez de Ayala properties.

Matt and Rosa
I have heard today that some of the villas on Calle Lopez de Ayala are back on the market A friend has had an email from an agent. It maybe the ones that someone has been letting out. I will try and find the agents name
Old Oct 4th 2014, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guesswork
I have heard today that some of the villas on Calle Lopez de Ayala are back on the market A friend has had an email from an agent. It maybe the ones that someone has been letting out. I will try and find the agents name
Yes they may have. We're going to see them on Friday and I have appointments with 2 different agencies. Tere are over 10 properties we're aware off we're visiting so I hope we'll find the one!
Thanks anyway for posting this (the agency dealing with the private investor is vinculos suroeste

rosa
Old Oct 5th 2014, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Viniculos is owned by Javier and Belen. They sell loads of places on Esuri
Old Oct 7th 2014, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone again,
Can anyone give me some information:

What's the monthly "comunidad" maintenance cost?
also, what's the annual tax fee on non rented accomodation?
We are trying to put some figures together for our budget.

Many thanks
Rosa
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

I found this
Homes Huelva, Ayamonte - SERVIHABITAT REAL ESTATE
Old Oct 12th 2014, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question ref building on Esuri. I already own a house on Esuri, but I'm also thinking of building on a plot I have overlooking the golf course. In my contract it mentions that I can build a 210 Sqm Villa. For those of you who have already built on your plot, do you know if this is the total build area including covered terrace of just the inside of the Villa.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 10:52 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
I have a question ref building on Esuri. I already own a house on Esuri, but I'm also thinking of building on a plot I have overlooking the golf course. In my contract it mentions that I can build a 210 Sqm Villa. For those of you who have already built on your plot, do you know if this is the total build area including covered terrace of just the inside of the Villa.
The 210 m2 is is the enclosed area measured from the exterior walls. A terrace which has three sides open does not compute as square metres built for these purposes. A enclosed porch will compute at 50%.
Basements below road level do not compute in the build area either.
You are allowed to build two floors with a tower. You must come 5 metres in from the front and three back and sides. So there is always a minimum of 6 metres between you and your neighbour.

Regards
Michael h

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.