Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Butane gas bottles.

Butane gas bottles.

Old Apr 16th 2018, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

tonisdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Butane gas bottles.

Does anybody know the price of butane gas bottle refills and the price for the original bottle at the petrol stations in Ayamonte please?
Thank you
Old Apr 17th 2018, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Butane gas bottles.

I buy mine at the BP garage between Lidl and Supersol. Here is some info on Bombonas .... Living In Spain - Bombonas Gas Bottles - Sanitas Health Plan Spain The current price for empty/full exchange is at the bottom.

I now use the Cepsa bottles not Repsol. I find them a bit easier to carry up two flights of stairs.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Apr 17th 2018 at 7:32 am.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I buy mine at the BP garage between Lidl and Supersol. Here is some info on Bombonas .... Living In Spain - Bombonas Gas Bottles - Sanitas Health Plan Spain The current price for empty/full exchange is at the bottom.

I now use the Cepsa bottles not Repsol. I find them a bit easier to carry up two flights of stairs.
Thank you appreciate that.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench

Do you really have to go through all that palaver outlined to get a bottle of gas:
In Portugal I roll up at petrol station hand over money job sorted...The refill costs 27 euro over here.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonisdad
Do you really have to go through all that palaver outlined to get a bottle of gas:
In Portugal I roll up at petrol station hand over money job sorted...The refill costs 27 euro over here.
You are SUPPOSED to get a contract for any NEW bottles, exchanging shouldn't be a problem, which is why gas bottles were very popular at auctions in Spain, you could get one for €10 to 15 and it might well still be partly full, then you just took it along to get a refill, usually no-one asked to see your contract, well we were never asked.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You are SUPPOSED to get a contract for any NEW bottles, exchanging shouldn't be a problem, which is why gas bottles were very popular at auctions in Spain, you could get one for €10 to 15 and it might well still be partly full, then you just took it along to get a refill, usually no-one asked to see your contract, well we were never asked.
Mike any ides where I might pick an empty up now?
Cheeers
Old Apr 17th 2018, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I had two bottles, bought two more from the delivery man who gave me the "contract" piece of paper. I don't remember paying a lot of money from them.I have never been asked for the contract, I just go petrol station, ask the man for how many bombonas I want, pay, get the token(s) and then use the machine.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:28 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Mike any ides where I might pick an empty up now?
Cheeers
Haven't lived in Spain for 10 years so, sorry I can't help.
Old May 29th 2018, 10:56 am
Just Joined

elaleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Right now at the new Gas Station in Ayamonte and at the Motorway you pay arround 13 € for a full bottle - but offcourse you need a empty one for change.
They weight more then the silver ones . . but also a bit cheeper
To get a empty one you can make a contract with next to the small Gasstation in front of Post office.
Or at the Gas station next the the Fabric of Conception.

Good luck . .

Yesterday a see a Portugese Platet car at Gas station he load 24 bottles in his car - be car full - its only allowed to carry 2 bottles at time in a normal car . .
Old May 29th 2018, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

If you already have a Gas bottle,just do the same in Spain?,
take it to any supplier and swap it over after paying the fee,
we pay about 14.50 Euro.

Ken.
Old May 29th 2018, 12:43 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

The official government controlled price for the orange Repsol all metal gas bottle is 13-27€ (for the next six weeks). Repsol garages also sell plastic handled gas bottles at 17-50; no more gas than the official bottles.
The aluminium Cepsa bottles are between the two prices normally.
There are 6Kg Repsol bottles which are not government controlled so cost around 12€

Davexf
Old May 29th 2018, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Teed Up
If you already have a Gas bottle,just do the same in Spain?,
take it to any supplier and swap it over after paying the fee,
we pay about 14.50 Euro.

Ken.
That`s the trouble...No gas bottle Portuguese are different colour to Spanish.
Old May 29th 2018, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

The official government controlled price for the orange Repsol all metal gas bottle is 13-27€ (for the next six weeks). Repsol garages also sell plastic handled gas bottles at 17-50; no more gas than the official bottles.
The aluminium Cepsa bottles are between the two prices normally.
There are 6Kg Repsol bottles which are not government controlled so cost around 12€

Davexf
The cashier at the BP garage coming out of Ayamonte gave me directions to an outlet in town....will have to try to decipher directions...where he seemed to think I may be able to get gas and bottle paying extra without the contract. So next time over there will be visiting the outlet.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Martin mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Had the same problem the last time I was at my apartment. Called to the gas bottle supplier, on the industrial estate in Ayamonte, to purchase a bottle for the new heater I bought from Leroy Merlin. The guy wanted my NIE number, proof of address etc etc and the price for the gas plus the contract for hiring the bottle was a bit expensive to say the least. Didn’t have the information with me so decided to try at the petrol station on the motorway.

Walked in and told them what I wanted, paid for the gas, put the bottle in the car. Didn’t even ask me for the empty bottle. Cost me about €14.

Regards

Martin.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Martin mc
Had the same problem the last time I was at my apartment. Called to the gas bottle supplier, on the industrial estate in Ayamonte, to purchase a bottle for the new heater I bought from Leroy Merlin. The guy wanted my NIE number, proof of address etc etc and the price for the gas plus the contract for hiring the bottle was a bit expensive to say the least. Didn’t have the information with me so decided to try at the petrol station on the motorway.

Walked in and told them what I wanted, paid for the gas, put the bottle in the car. Didn’t even ask me for the empty bottle. Cost me about €14.

Regards

Martin.
Martin
Was that petrol station near Ayamonte heading Portugal way or opposite?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.