Bus times

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

boatwench is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bus times

can anyone tell me what time the bus stops outside the Shop at the moment. Many thanks
Old Sep 20th 2019, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Bus times

Here is the new timetable:

So at the shop about 10.45 and 4.15 on weekdays and 9.45 and 2.45 on saturdays. But if you catch the second bus out there isn't one coming back. If you catch the first one out in the week you will have to wait until 7.00 to return or 2.00 on a saturday. And they wonder why nobody uses the service!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2019, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Bus times

What a useless service !! So you go out in the morning to Ayamonte. Maybe you want to go shopping, maybe you want to lunch out. Either way you want a bus back mid afternoon. 7.00pm is not much good to anyone. Perhaps the TAXI association had a hand in deciding the bus times ???? You could not make this up !
Old Sep 21st 2019, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

CANCEL THAT. i MISREAD THE TIMES. IT DOES COME BACK MID AFTERNOON. My apologies.
Old Sep 21st 2019, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by keithBT
CANCEL THAT. i MISREAD THE TIMES. IT DOES COME BACK MID AFTERNOON. My apologies.
Sorry Keith, but one of us is misreading the time table. My reading of it is that there is NOT an afternoon bus from Ayamonte during the week that can be used by members of the public. The buses leave from Ayamonte at 10.00 am and 7.00 pm only on weekdays (9.00 am and 2.00 pm on Saturdays). There is a bus that leaves Esuri at 4.00 pm but it doesn't say that it has come from Ayamonte. In fact I think this is the school bus which has in fact come from Ayamonte but only for the use of the school children so can't be used by members of the public ... as it has to return to Ayamonte anyway it very kindly turns into the 4.00 pm bus for anyone who wants to use it. What time does the bus leave Ayamonte mid afternoon that you or I could catch on a Monday to Friday? Saturdays are different; we could catch the 9.30 into Ayamonte (not that there are any shops open at that time of the morning) and return at 2.00 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 6:50 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
Sorry Keith, but one of us is misreading the time table. My reading of it is that there is NOT an afternoon bus from Ayamonte during the week that can be used by members of the public. The buses leave from Ayamonte at 10.00 am and 7.00 pm only on weekdays (9.00 am and 2.00 pm on Saturdays). There is a bus that leaves Esuri at 4.00 pm but it doesn't say that it has come from Ayamonte. In fact I think this is the school bus which has in fact come from Ayamonte but only for the use of the school children so can't be used by members of the public ... as it has to return to Ayamonte anyway it very kindly turns into the 4.00 pm bus for anyone who wants to use it. What time does the bus leave Ayamonte mid afternoon that you or I could catch on a Monday to Friday? Saturdays are different; we could catch the 9.30 into Ayamonte (not that there are any shops open at that time of the morning) and return at 2.00 pm.
Thanks Kath...
The bus times are a mess ...last year I posted two different time tables posted publicly.

Since this photograph is the one at the bus station we have to assume it's the right one.

The times for departing FROM Ayamonte bus station.. are as shown.
Weekdays 10:00 & 19:00.
Saturdays 09:00 & 14:00
Dont get there a second too late!

The times for departing FROM CE is from the entry of CE opposite Marina Esuri (ME). The bus then 'goes round-the-houses' picking up/dropping off before stopping for the final stop at ME. At this point the bus has taken +/- 10 - 20 mins to get there before going to town.

So at the CE ENTRY :-
Weekdays 10:30 & 16:00.
Saturdays 09:30 & 14:30

Depending on where you are, if you are at your stop at these times there may be a wait.

There used to be (I think) a summer and winter timetable as well, so beware of that.

We've also heard on the AC that the bus doesnt always stop at every stop, we heard that for example Las Colinas has been missed as the driver couldn't always be bothered!!

THANK YOU Kath for letting us know that the weekday school bus will take us to town unoficially. Even though this is the kids schoolbus. I had no idea of this.
  • Do you know if this is 4pm at the ENTRY please?
  • Do you know if the bus will pick up at all stops, going 'round-the-houses', please? NB Im actually uncomfortable about this as it means that there will be a mix of kids and adults on a school bus. Whilst I appreciate the favour, I think there is a strong argument, to only allow this at the end - when the last child has exited.
  • Finally will you need the right change, please? Im guessing a scoolbus has no cash + change.

I can understand the concerns over the times, the organisation and the unreliabilities reported here over the years.

I wish they would extend the regular IC bus from the Parador / Poligono 'down-the-road' to us. Connecting CE to Ayamonte to IC and covering a large percentage of rate-payers for the Ayamonte authorities. Providing a proper service to us all.

Dream on !!

See you soon for our 'big bash' Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Sep 22nd 2019 at 7:06 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
THANK YOU Kath for letting us know that the weekday school bus will take us to town unoficially. Even though this is the kids schoolbus. Jon
Sorry if I wasn't clear about this Jon; the school bus leaves Ayamonte at about 3.00 pm. Several years ago when the bus service for Esuri began it left from the bus station and we could get on it too but that changed about 2 years ago. Now we can't use it. It only takes the children from Ayamonte to Esuri. Once the children get off at Esuri the bus hangs about for a bit until it becomes the official bus leaving Esuri at the first stop at 4.00 pm.

So although there is a bus that leaves Esuri mid-afternoon, it didn't arrive as a service bus so there are only the 2 service buses FROM Ayamonte ie at 10.00 am and 7.00 pm.

Last year there was also a bus that left Ayamonte at 1.00 pm but there isn't one now according to the new timetable.

My view is that they have deliberately provided a bus service with inconvenient times so that no-one will use it and then they can justify removing the service all together because it isn't used enough.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas

My view is that they have deliberately provided a bus service with inconvenient times so that no-one will use it and then they can justify removing the service all together because it isn't used enough.
I don’t think they can there is a requirement in law for Ayamonte to provide connections between all parts of the municipality. That is why we won a bus device in the first place. The CERA Secretary quoted the law in a letter to the Ayuntamiento and the bus company. It does not state how convenient the service should be. Why not a nine o’clock bus for workers and a sensible return time after work.

I was in a queue of 12 cars leaving ESURI yesterday at 9ish al Spanish registered where will they park downtown for the day?
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

OH bugga ! no 1pm return. I agree with Kath :-(
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 9:38 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
OH bugga ! no 1pm return. I agree with Kath :-(
I agree eith Kath too

... Thanks for the clarification.

Jon
Old Nov 18th 2019, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed last week the bus seemed to be running earlier than the timetable indicates. I was at the Las Encinas stop by 10.15 this morning. By 10.30 the bus was at Las Colinas ! NOT just leaving the first stop in Costa Esuri. We arrived at the bus station 10.45 !

So if you want to catch the bus be approx. 15 mins early at least ! Still the same route and price.