Reload this Page >

Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Old Dec 18th 2018, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Fred R will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

All Marina Esuri has fibre to each Manzana but I think the suppliers then approach the President to see if he wants to cable through the block. There are 4 suppliers Jazztel, Movistar, Virgin and one other I am sure that if your buyer approached one or all they would push for access and one will cable him up!
A few weeks ago an Orange fibre cable and termination unit were installed in the comms (TV/radio/telephone) cupboard in Las Encinas, block 2, portal 2. No permission was sought from the president - perhaps they have a legal right to install. So far no-pne in the block has received an offer from Jazztel or any other provider......strange !!

Regards
Old Dec 20th 2018, 5:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred R
A few weeks ago an Orange fibre cable and termination unit were installed in the comms (TV/radio/telephone) cupboard in Las Encinas, block 2, portal 2. No permission was sought from the president - perhaps they have a legal right to install. So far no-pne in the block has received an offer from Jazztel or any other provider......strange !!

Regards
Yee this is the weirdest roll out of (expensive) technology Ive seen. You'd think that we'd be bombarded by competing introductory offers, leaflets etc and all of us would know the deal and the process to get hooked up.

The telcos etc dont seem that bothered to make money. I dont know how the fibre was paid for - the government or a group of companies (or both). That investment needs to be justified
Jon
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Yee this is the weirdest roll out of (expensive) technology Ive seen. You'd think that we'd be bombarded by competing introductory offers, leaflets etc and all of us would know the deal and the process to get hooked up.

The telcos etc dont seem that bothered to make money. I dont know how the fibre was paid for - the government or a group of companies (or both). That investment needs to be justified
Jon
The Orange.es web site shows 12-month contract for fibre Internet service + tele line & calls package (1000 Spanish landline evening and weekend minutes) with free connection & Wifi router :
(1) 100M symmetrical Internet service = €30.95/month for 12 months (€371.40 for the year) then €44.10/month
(2) 500M symmetrical Internet service = €45.10/month for 12 months (€541.20 for the year) then €56.10/month.

However, friends in Lomas received flyers from Orange during December for package as above with prices of:
(a) 100M symmetrical Internet service = €35/month for 1st 6 months then €45/month (€480.00 for the year);
(b) 500M symmetrical Internet service = €45/month for 1st 6 months then €55/month (€600.00 for the year).

I don't know why the flyer price is higher. Anyway, one friend has had it installed (3 days from order) and another plans to go ahead.

Regards
Old Jan 17th 2019, 5:57 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred R
The Orange.es web site shows 12-month contract for fibre Internet service + tele line & calls package (1000 Spanish landline evening and weekend minutes) with free connection & Wifi router :
(1) 100M symmetrical Internet service = €30.95/month for 12 months (€371.40 for the year) then €44.10/month
(2) 500M symmetrical Internet service = €45.10/month for 12 months (€541.20 for the year) then €56.10/month.

However, friends in Lomas received flyers from Orange during December for package as above with prices of:
(a) 100M symmetrical Internet service = €35/month for 1st 6 months then €45/month (€480.00 for the year);
(b) 500M symmetrical Internet service = €45/month for 1st 6 months then €55/month (€600.00 for the year).

I don't know why the flyer price is higher. Anyway, one friend has had it installed (3 days from order) and another plans to go ahead.

Regards
Thanks for the info Fred

It looks like the telco's or Orange, at least, have got their act together .. finally!

Im assuming that this is for unlimited data?

I had to google 'symmetrical internet' .😀

For us, this is significantly more expensive than the current competition. But we never upload anything like the volumes we download ... several orders of magnitude difference in fact.

Also it has been doing ''what it says on the tin' for us for the last couple of years, delivering two separate streams of HDTV simultaneously, with no buffering. If it does this, it will handle any other internet usage, for us. That's our main requirement along with unlimited download, of course.

We do pay for the faster of the two options, €25/month and enjoy the 72% discount for the (full) months away.

Jon
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 8:43 am
BE Positive

I came across this fast internet vis satellite with coverage across Spain

https://www.skydsl.eu/en-ES/Personal...-via-satellite

We can install satellite dishes ... In fact I have one which is useless now that the satellite TV has effectively died. I suppose a replacement dish would be needed.

This appears to be faster than Prinet but of course more expensive

Jon
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

We have Priinet at present and are paying €25 a month allegedly for 16Mb unlimited. However, we are currently getting less than 5 and sometimes it is so bad we have to resort to Scrabble. We have emailed them and tried calling but they have stopped responding altogether. My better half is emailing them right now with the "last chance" email. I suspect we are heading for Jazztel or Virgin. We investigated an Orange package for Fibre + Mobile late last year but had a total nightmare with the shop in Town prior to installation. The call centre and the shop could not get their act together to agree on the Contract that was sold to us by telephone. We abandoned it in the end as Priinet simultaneously improved our service to around 40Mb!!! Lasted about 3 months and now we are back to rubbish service and being ignored. Rant over.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 2:34 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
We have Priinet at present and are paying €25 a month allegedly for 16Mb unlimited. However, we are currently getting less than 5 and sometimes it is so bad we have to resort to Scrabble. We have emailed them and tried calling but they have stopped responding altogether. My better half is emailing them right now with the "last chance" email. I suspect we are heading for Jazztel or Virgin. We investigated an Orange package for Fibre + Mobile late last year but had a total nightmare with the shop in Town prior to installation. The call centre and the shop could not get their act together to agree on the Contract that was sold to us by telephone. We abandoned it in the end as Priinet simultaneously improved our service to around 40Mb!!! Lasted about 3 months and now we are back to rubbish service and being ignored. Rant over.
I didnt know that the €25 service had gone up to 16mb. Nor that it is possible to get up to 40mb! Thanks for that information...

Also, I checked their website and noticed that they have a fibre offering in Villablanca so maybe that will spread to us in the future.

Ranting allowed - very frustrating when the service doesn't deliver... Both the internet and the customer service, that is. Of course they need to understand that many people get to hear about these problems!

Jon

Old Feb 4th 2019, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Priinet here in Esuri is dire. They have stopped replying to me after initial query about the service. The service I am getting for 25 euros is much worse than my 20 euro deal at old house. Speed test yesterday had download of under 1 and upload of under 2.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

We had a new dish and adjustment to line of site to their "NEW MAST" done yesterday after complaining again and threatening to leave them. Our speed is back to what we are paying for, although last night we had 2 brief modem reboots required.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted Jazztel/Fortec yesterday. Steve said they cannot check availability until 18th Feb due to new systems being installed.

I did point out that our Block Portal has equipment installed by Orange. He did seem quite confident that he could supply fibre from Orange when he knew this. Im in Las Encinas. When I know more I will inform everyone on here
Old Feb 8th 2019, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
We had a new dish and adjustment to line of site to their "NEW MAST" done yesterday after complaining again and threatening to leave them. Our speed is back to what we are paying for, although last night we had 2 brief modem reboots required.
Where is the new mast. Im guessing Im connected to it because my speed has gone up to 15mbps for the last 2 days. Its been around 3 to 5 for the last 3 or 4 weeks
Old Feb 9th 2019, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by guesswork
I contacted Jazztel/Fortec yesterday. Steve said they cannot check availability until 18th Feb due to new systems being installed.

I did point out that our Block Portal has equipment installed by Orange. He did seem quite confident that he could supply fibre from Orange when he knew this. Im in Las Encinas. When I know more I will inform everyone on here
Two friends in Lomas have Orange fibre (plus landline & calls package) up and running for several weeks, delivering reliable, high speed Internet access. Ordered via Orange shop, all very straightforward. I'm hoping to order when we go back next week.

Regards
Old Feb 11th 2019, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, no idea where the new mast is. Similar direction as our dish is still pointing roughly North. We had a new dish though and everything has settled down - for now.