Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Old Nov 29th 2018, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road
Default Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Having now fully relocated to Lomas it is important for us to have reliable and strong internet. Our maximum contract with Prinet was only giving us between 1.5-6 and recently has been off altogether for 2 days. Clearly not what we should have been receiving and they ignored all our recent requests for a better service.

We received a service offer letter from Jazztel and from contacting them to having an installer on site was just 6 days.

Today I am very happy to report that upon installation we have a signal strength of 360 and are now able to watch all our HD stations from UK and USA.

The cost is double what we were paying to Prinet but in our case a no-brainer dec vision to get the service levels we required and hopefully to have daily frustrations behind us.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Good news
Old Nov 29th 2018, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by limey610
Having now fully relocated to Lomas it is important for us to have reliable and strong internet. Our maximum contract with Prinet was only giving us between 1.5-6 and recently has been off altogether for 2 days. Clearly not what we should have been receiving and they ignored all our recent requests for a better service.

We received a service offer letter from Jazztel and from contacting them to having an installer on site was just 6 days.

Today I am very happy to report that upon installation we have a signal strength of 360 and inept are now able to watch all our HD stations from UK and USA.

The cost is double what we were paying to Prinet but in our case a no-brainer dec vision to get the service levels we required and hopefully to have daily frustrations behind us.
we must be less than 200m from you and we suffer the same problems with prinet but they did not cable our road so no chance for us!
Old Nov 29th 2018, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

Good news as nothing better then a wired Internet
Old Nov 29th 2018, 9:17 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitmanev
Good news as nothing better then a wired Internet
Hola

Actually NO - the new 5G services will be faster than fibre - or so I am told !!!

Davexf
Old Nov 30th 2018, 3:04 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Actually NO - the new 5G services will be faster than fibre - or so I am told !!!

Davexf

Its taken ages for us to have fibre......

And.....

We haven't got it all over.... After all this time.!!!

We are the highest payers of taxes.... But LAST on the list for ANY improvements

5G is an interesting future prospect across Europe, ,........

but........ It will take time.

Jon

PS Priinet is working great for us.... and has been for a long time. But we've had loads of problems before,. But you have to complain, and they will fix it. ...

And it appears that were paying half than jazztel,
( AND we get to pay less when away.)

Its frustrating when internet dies..... But we are ok, overall, when they fix it and we pay a lot less. Although we have the frustration of no internet for a few hours.... Gosh how can we survive

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 30th 2018 at 3:06 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Smile Re: Broadband fiber through Jazztel

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Its taken ages for us to have fibre......

And.....

We haven't got it all over.... After all this time.!!!

We are the highest payers of taxes.... But LAST on the list for ANY improvements

5G is an interesting future prospect across Europe, ,........

but........ It will take time.

Jon

PS Priinet is working great for us.... and has been for a long time. But we've had loads of problems before,. But you have to complain, and they will fix it. ...

And it appears that were paying half than jazztel,
( AND we get to pay less when away.)

Its frustrating when internet dies..... But we are ok, overall, when they fix it and we pay a lot less. Although we have the frustration of no internet for a few hours.... Gosh how can we survive
Tghe gentleman I have sold to (I’m on Marina Esuri) is set on getting fibre, which I understand as he will be living here much of the year. I’ve tried pm’ing limey610 without any luck, so does anyone have details re the Jazztel offer please? I’ve tried Google and found them but can’t see how to navigate their site to check if it is available for my location. Being on the main road through CE I kind of expect it to be.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Tghe gentleman I have sold to (I’m on Marina Esuri) is set on getting fibre, which I understand as he will be living here much of the year. I’ve tried pm’ing limey610 without any luck, so does anyone have details re the Jazztel offer please? I’ve tried Google and found them but can’t see how to navigate their site to check if it is available for my location. Being on the main road through CE I kind of expect it to be.
All Marina Esuri has fibre to each Manzana but I think the suppliers then approach the President to see if he wants to cable through the block. There are 4 suppliers Jazztel, Movistar, Virgin and one other I am sure that if your buyer approached one or all they would push for access and one will cable him up!
Old Dec 16th 2018, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

All Marina Esuri has fibre to each Manzana but I think the suppliers then approach the President to see if he wants to cable through the block. There are 4 suppliers Jazztel, Movistar, Virgin and one other I am sure that if your buyer approached one or all they would push for access and one will cable him up!
John,
That is so helpful thank you. I’ll let him know. If you and Kath are around tomorrow morning or Tuesday morning I’d really like to come up to see you both and bid you adieu.
Best regards
Andy
Old Dec 17th 2018, 6:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

John,
That is so helpful thank you. I’ll let him know. If you and Kath are around tomorrow morning or Tuesday morning I’d really like to come up to see you both and bid you adieu.
Best regards
Andy
Hi Andy
Not 'adieu' I hope, but ''au revoir'.😎

Thanks for your inputs on the forum, well done on the sale... Good luck & hoping to see you back sometime on holiday.

Merry Christmas🎄🎄 & Happy new year🍾🎆🎇 to all
Jon

PS I dont know if fibre will need a vote at the AGM or if the president can just ok it
Old Dec 17th 2018, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Try the "Orange" shop in Ayamonte. I believe Jazztel are associated with them in some way.
We are in M7 - the fibre was pulled right to the Telecom cabinets in the Manzana, I don't think they asked the pres.

Last edited by MikeJ; Dec 17th 2018 at 8:00 am.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I will speak to Limey and get a phone number for you . I do know he is getting around 400mbps

Last edited by guesswork; Dec 17th 2018 at 12:01 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quicker than I thought

​​​​​​sales agent - Steve Day at Fortec - 34 952880056 - [email protected]
Old Dec 17th 2018, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

When calling Steve simply give him your address and he will check and confirm within 24 hours if it is OK for their service. If so an installer is generally there within 7 days and will run cable from the nearest junction into your unit through the existing utility box.

We have had strength of between 360-520 every day since installation. Very pleased.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by limey610
When calling Steve simply give him your address and he will check and confirm within 24 hours if it is OK for their service. If so an installer is generally there within 7 days and will run cable from the nearest junction into your unit through the existing utility box.

We have had strength of between 360-520 every day since installation. Very pleased.
Thanks again Limey, your help is much appreciated. I suspect others will see these posts and want to get the same signal strength. Very impressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.