Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bridge between Sanlucar and Alcotim?

Bridge between Sanlucar and Alcotim?

Old Mar 23rd 2017, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bridge between Sanlucar and Alcotim?

https://m.facebook.com/festivaldocontrabando/photos/

http://www.algarvedailynews.com/news...lkway-to-spain

I see there is a pontoon bridge across the Guadiana between Sanlucar and Alcotim. What's that all about?

Actually I do know - its for the smugglar's run this weekend. Part of the Festival do Contrabandos which runs from 25th to 27th March ie this weekend. See link, looks like fun!

Last edited by MikeJ; Mar 24th 2017 at 12:03 am.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 10:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridge between Sanlucar and Alcotim?

Originally Posted by MikeJ
https://m.facebook.com/festivaldocontrabando/photos/

Alcoutim’s floating walkway to Spain

I see there is a pontoon bridge across the Guadiana between Sanlucar and Alcotim. What's that all about?

Actually I do know - its for the smugglar's run this weekend. Part of the Festival do Contrabandos which runs from 25th to 27th March ie this weekend. See link, looks like fun!
Great I'll pick up some bootleg rum, a new AK47 and those dried crushed leaves... oregano, of course
Old Mar 25th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridge between Sanlucar and Alcotim?

Hi
Went yesterday.Still putting up pontoon at 3pm,and setting up stalls for the evening and weekend,so was a bit of a waste of time.Looks as if it might b quite nice though when everything is up and running .
Avoid O Soeiro restaurant at all costs.Waited 45 mins and all we received was bread and wine.Walked out as no one seemed to care whether we ate or not,even after politely reminding them.Just got the shrug of the shoulders.Went round corner to O Camane and had a good meal with large portions served to us within 15 mins.