Reload this Page >

Borders will reopen soon

Borders will reopen soon

Old Jul 5th 2020, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Rita_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Borders will reopen soon

Originally Posted by boatwench
Just a quick question on this thread. I know of the form to fill out for arriving in Spain with health details, is there an equivalent for Portugal? Many thanks
When we landed in Faro there was no forms for the Portuguese authorities (although the airline we traveled on required a form). No checks in the airport and no checks on the bridge. My daughter flew into Malaga on the same day and had to complete a form for the Spanish authorities (in addition to the plane form) and had her temperature taken. The beach in isla Canela is being patrolled by multiple health teams and there is a one way system on and off the beach. Very impressive although my teenage boys were stopped throwing a rugby ball which seemed like over kill!!!
Old Jul 6th 2020, 5:34 am
Just Joined

boatwench is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you!
Old Jul 6th 2020, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I know during lock down no ball games were allowed, I have not been for ages and cannot remember what the normal signs say.. I think some allow beach balls only, which makes sense to me.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rita_
When we landed in Faro there was no forms for the Portuguese authorities (although the airline we traveled on required a form). No checks in the airport and no checks on the bridge. My daughter flew into Malaga on the same day and had to complete a form for the Spanish authorities (in addition to the plane form) and had her temperature taken. The beach in isla Canela is being patrolled by multiple health teams and there is a one way system on and off the beach. Very impressive although my teenage boys were stopped throwing a rugby ball which seemed like over kill!!!
In Punta Del Moral, I did not see any kind of Patrol / limeted Access or whatsoever. This Morning , I went walking with our dog on the Portuguese Beach just next where Giardiana enters the sea. Saw some other people with dogs and the GNR who said hello. I felt very safe and our dog had a lot of fun diving in the Atlantic.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:55 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

We are reading a news article that Huelva has closed some beaches Apparently there has been an outbreak with the workers in the fields.

​​​​​​Of course its far more difficult for them as many live in cramped, impoverished conditions. Very difficult for them to distance and hygiene is questionable. With low wages as well it is not easy.

Its upsetting to see the huge camp in Lepe, just opposite the newish shopping centre, (Worten etc) with the makeshift homes... In the heat!! We were there early last year I am guessing that the camp is still there....or somewhere nearby.

If anyone gets it, the conditions are there for it to spread.

I am disappointed daily with the lack of consideration of many people, not distancing etc. Some people have forgotten the most basic rules.

However we went for a few drinks yesterday, and they wouldn't let us take our seats till they had disinfected the chairs, table and laminated menus. 10 out of 10! We are hoping that we will see some of this when we return when quarantine rules are relaxed

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 7th 2020 at 8:58 am.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We are reading a news article that Huelva has closed some beaches Apparently there has been an outbreak with the workers in the fields.

​​​​​​Of course its far more difficult for them as many live in cramped, impoverished conditions. Very difficult for them to distance and hygiene is questionable. With low wages as well it is not easy.

Its upsetting to see the huge camp in Lepe, just opposite the newish shopping centre, (Worten etc) with the makeshift homes... In the heat!! We were there early last year I am guessing that the camp is still there....or somewhere nearby.

If anyone gets it, the conditions are there for it to spread.

I am disappointed daily with the lack of consideration of many people, not distancing etc. Some people have forgotten the most basic rules.

However we went for a few drinks yesterday, and they wouldn't let us take our seats till they had disinfected the chairs, table and laminated menus. 10 out of 10! We are hoping that we will see some of this when we return when quarantine rules are relaxed

Jon
The huge camp in Lepe is not there anymore. It disappeared. I have no clue what happened toit and the People who lived there. In elmundo and elpais , I did not find anything on new cases in Huelva.
Cheers,
Old Jul 7th 2020, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

The camp burnt down
Old Jul 8th 2020, 5:56 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maverik
The huge camp in Lepe is not there anymore. It disappeared. I have no clue what happened toit and the People who lived there. In elmundo and elpais , I did not find anything on new cases in Huelva.
Cheers,
Hi Mav
We got the news via a press alert taken from the foreign ministry.

The migrant workers are a necessity for the huge e.g fruit picking industry, as you know we get lots of fruit from the Lepe - Huelva region in Northern Europe.

So they must be in a 'camp' or camps somewhere. The conditions aren't likely to be any better, logically. Earlier we heard of a spike in the Lepe area.

So I am concerned for them and the possibility of a spike there.

However our area (including Algarve) is excellent for low population density, fresh air and a low infection rate vs the Spain/Portugal average. We just need to keep taking precautions. We still have a great social life whilst keeping 1m distancing for example.

Can't wait to get back

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 8th 2020 at 6:54 am.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Borders will reopen soon

Jon, Awake at 05.56 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crikey, I was sound asleep then. You don't sleep much ? Just an observation. ha ha.

Keith ....................also missing our lovely holiday home, especially as the weather here in Hampshire this week has been fairly grotty !
Old Jul 9th 2020, 5:42 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
Jon, Awake at 05.56 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crikey, I was sound asleep then. You don't sleep much ? Just an observation. ha ha.

Keith ....................also missing our lovely holiday home, especially as the weather here in Hampshire this week has been fairly grotty !
Sleep, wots that I'm an insomniac and its rare that I get my '8 hours worth' of zzz's. Thank goodness for wireless headphones + N-flix! (No commercial connection with them )

Interesting point though. I'm on EU time so an hour ahead of UK, though I've never even thought which time is used on the post's timestamp. Whether its local time or the time on the BE server. Just checked, its 07:42 on my side = EU time which is right for me.

Hampshire will be even more beautiful at the weekend according to BBC. But I've heard its baking in CE, made more uncomfortable with mask wearing. But with half price lunches coming in the restos, in the UK there's a bonus there

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 9th 2020 at 5:44 am.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT

Keith Jon's post registered at 07.56 European time ( GMT + 2 ) on my PC in Gib.
I was in the pool at that time.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 6:28 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Keith Jon's post registered at 07.56 European time ( GMT + 2 ) on my PC in Gib.
I was in the pool at that time.
Thanks Fred... I honestly never thought of the time stamp in all the years on the forum.

The pool.... in the morning... bliss
Jon
Old Jul 9th 2020, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Fred... I honestly never thought of the time stamp in all the years on the forum.

The pool.... in the morning... bliss
Jon
No SCREAMING UNDISCIPLINED brats at that time