Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Borders will reopen soon

Borders will reopen soon

Old Jun 14th 2020, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Borders will reopen soon

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...al-chiefs.html
Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:29 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Borders will reopen soon

Hi all, is the border between Portugal and Spain now open ? If so do you think the car hire firms will allow the cars to cross the border into Spain?

Thanks Mel
Old Jun 25th 2020, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi all, is the border between Portugal and Spain now open ? If so do you think the car hire firms will allow the cars to cross the border into Spain?

Thanks Mel
The border between Spain and Portugal is closed until 1st July (not sure what time).
Old Jun 25th 2020, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand the Guadiana Bridge and all other crossings will re-open on the 1st July to tourists and NOT before. This was Portugal's decision not Spain. HTH.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 2:44 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
The border between Spain and Portugal is closed until 1st July (not sure what time).
Hola

Usually the time is midnight (between 30th June and 1st July or one minute past midnight on the 1st July

Davexf

Old Jun 26th 2020, 7:06 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53177282

Airbridges to be decided maybe as soon as Monday

Jon
Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Usually the time is midnight (between 30th June and 1st July or one minute past midnight on the 1st July

Davexf
Is that PT or ES midnight?

[I would guess that as it is a PT decision it would be PT time, but who knows for sure?]
Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53177282

Airbridges to be decided maybe as soon as Monday

Jon
Un fortunately PT is not yet included because of a 2nd peak around Lisbon. Therefore transit via Faro (or specifically return to UK via Faro) will be a problem atm..To be sure fly via Seville (or Jerez if it is open) and car hire from there.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Un fortunately PT is not yet included because of a 2nd peak around Lisbon. Therefore transit via Faro (or specifically return to UK via Faro) will be a problem atm..To be sure fly via Seville (or Jerez if it is open) and car hire from there.
There are two reported hotspots on the Algarve, Albafarue and Cabanas have been mentioned.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 10:38 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the replies to my question. Would love to get back to our Esuri home and the flights and car hire are very reasonable but I am concerned that if there is a spike somewhere the border may close again. Will the border be manned and I wonder if Spain will be happy to allow cars rented from Faro in ? Having said that flights to Seville are at good prices too. The government's stance is still only essential travel and although we think a beer in Laguna Square and at the CE shop/cafe is vitally important not sure Boris would agree. Happy to be there but it is the close contact with others on the flight for myself and our family is a worry but we do need to support the airlines and the Ayamonte businesses.....just my witterings !!
Old Jul 1st 2020, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thank you for the replies to my question. Would love to get back to our Esuri home and the flights and car hire are very reasonable but I am concerned that if there is a spike somewhere the border may close again. Will the border be manned and I wonder if Spain will be happy to allow cars rented from Faro in ? Having said that flights to Seville are at good prices too. The government's stance is still only essential travel and although we think a beer in Laguna Square and at the CE shop/cafe is vitally important not sure Boris would agree. Happy to be there but it is the close contact with others on the flight for myself and our family is a worry but we do need to support the airlines and the Ayamonte businesses.....just my witterings !!
Currently Portugal is not on the "air bridge" list and nobody can say when this will change. As long as its traffic light is Red you will have to quarantine when you fly back from Faro. A couple of my friends have recently returned from Esuri via Faro and are in lockdown atm. Maybe safer to fly to Seville, it's not much longer to drive. Word of advice: don't get a flight that arrives late evening and it is delayed slightly you may find the car hire desks are closed - happened to my son and he had to wait in Seville airport until 8.00 when they reopened 😡
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 7:45 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Currently Portugal is not on the "air bridge" list and nobody can say when this will change. As long as its traffic light is Red you will have to quarantine when you fly back from Faro. A couple of my friends have recently returned from Esuri via Faro and are in lockdown atm. Maybe safer to fly to Seville, it's not much longer to drive. Word of advice: don't get a flight that arrives late evening and it is delayed slightly you may find the car hire desks are closed - happened to my son and he had to wait in Seville airport until 8.00 when they reopened 😡
Thanks Mike, appreciate the heads up on late arrival at Seville as that would not have crossed my mind
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Rita_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news for anyone flying into Faro. We flew in this morning, cleared the airport in 30 minutes ( our rental car was covered in cling film with a note saying it was sterile). Absolutely nothing on the bridge, shopped in Lidl and 90% of people wearing masks and down to isla canela. Our pool had people in hazmat spraying the pool area with disinfectant during seista. No sun loungers though. So looks like spain well prepared (at least in our block) and easy to get here. Lovely to be back!
Old Jul 5th 2020, 10:19 am
Just Joined

boatwench is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question on this thread. I know of the form to fill out for arriving in Spain with health details, is there an equivalent for Portugal? Many thanks
Old Jul 5th 2020, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

We ventured over the bridge for the first time since lockdown, went for a walk on the Monte Gordo boardwalk, hardly anyone wearing face masks and was very busy, don’t seem to be treating it very seriously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.