Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Boardwalk etc -Calle Muelle de Portugal.

Boardwalk etc -Calle Muelle de Portugal.

Old Mar 15th 2021, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boardwalk etc -Calle Muelle de Portugal.

Originally Posted by keithBT
Sunsets with a glass would be fabulous overlooking the river !.
Thanks... Keith.
Some years ago I was a frequent visitor to the parador which offered similar enjoyable views and refreshments.
Looking at the footage I hope they do not do away with the slipways which I perceive to be an asset and even more so if they could be adapted to cater for the yacht brigade.

Well done Ex Adeladie
Old Mar 15th 2021, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Some years ago I was a frequent visitor to the parador which offered similar enjoyable views and refreshments.
Looking at the footage I hope they do not do away with the slipways which I perceive to be an asset and even more so if they could be adapted to cater for the yacht brigade.

Well done Ex Adeladie
So far the only remaining boatyard in Ayamonte remains and they have started to wall it off from the new works which will totally surround it. However there are those who would like to see it incorporated in the plan. I think all the slipways up river from there will go. The boatyard has been extremely busy over lockdown since the ferry service suspension gave the opportunity for them to be dragged out of the water. All the fishermen seem to have been out of the water for bottoms to be scraped so it has been a very busy time. There are lots of old hulks just up river amongst the slipways and I suspect they will all be done away with.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:05 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
I'll be posting videos on Youtube next weekend. They will contain footage of both stage 1 and 2 of the Mira al Rio Projects. Hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJ...8acSq153f-mW8Q

There is lots happening :-)
Thank you so very much for these videos - they are great and I am sure many of us here appreciate you posting the link. Making me long to get back to Ayamonte and Esuri again, miss it so much
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:08 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
You will notice some change if you manage to get here in June. Corviran will very likely be open but Behans progress has been very slow and I wonder if they will make the summer season at all. There appear to be serious problems within the building and I have not seen much obvious activity for a couple of weeks. There is no movement on the Farmacia again I think due to problems with the building. The bank as owners of the building and the managers of the community seem to be taking no action to address the problems.

PS the one home two countries adage is gone for now and I do not see the bridge being opened for there and back for lunch before May and maybe later. We have not been to eat in Portugal for ages and we miss the freedom.
Thank you for the updates John and good to know Corviran is a strong possibility but very disheartened to hear that Behan's may not open. I admire anybody who is willing to set up their own business and to have these problems with the building is such a shame for them .....and all of us !!
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thank you so very much for these videos - they are great and I am sure many of us here appreciate you posting the link. Making me long to get back to Ayamonte and Esuri again, miss it so much
No problem. I took more footage on Sunday; Just the editing to do tonight and I will post the video overnight.

Yesterday, they took the roof off the last warehouse and have laid kerbstones.

In the video, notice the new wall behind the boatyard and the work alongside Calle Muelle de Portugal to remove the bushes.

The boardwalk (phase 1), seems almost complete, it's a huge area.

I will post some updates on opening/closing of businesses and restaurants to our Facebook page if that's of interest.

Paul
Old Mar 16th 2021, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

We too would like to say many thanks to Paul for the updates on the Boardwalk developments and especially the videos showing the progress. You’ve lightened our hearts! In recent years there have been many seemingly endless developments in Ayamonte, Costa Esuri and on the Portuguese/Spanish border. Over the years it has been difficult not to become resigned to thinking they are never-ending and will remain unfinished. Optimistically now, like many, we are looking forward to getting back to Esuri and seeing and enjoying such transformations.
We also appreciate the postings re the Esuri commercial developments . Thanks to all. On the same wave length thank you to the CERA committee for their efforts.
Take care everyone . Looking forward to more settled times. Regards Margaret and David.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Managed to get it done at lunchtime. Enjoy......

Old Mar 16th 2021, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

..... and again WOW. Thank you so much for the time and care to produce these superb videos. I imagine it takes a lot skill to operate a drone and get such nice clear photography. It appears there are still a lot of old industrial buildings to be demolished. It's going to be a sizeable piece of land when its all cleared,and bigger than I had appreciated. Should be quite an asset to the town when completed. Does anyone know the projected completion date ? I'm now optimistic we might get out in late June 21. Our second jab should be later next month !!

Thanks again for thew video..... Keith
Old Mar 16th 2021, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
Managed to get it done at lunchtime. Enjoy......

https://youtu.be/TaL1o7sxECM
👍👍👍😎
Old Mar 17th 2021, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Well done "Ex Adeladie", fantastic video, very informative and helpful - great to see these works progressing. Thanks again
Old Mar 17th 2021, 2:59 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

WOW .... Firstly: Thanks Paul for all the trouble and effort to make such a wonderful video!! It all looks so much cleaner and.... Big!!!

We all have something positive to look forward to over the next year or two. It also makes us very nostalgic ... And cant wait to get back... Its our very first priority once we get out of all these travel restrictions...

Today I messaged my doctor to see if there is a list for vaccine cancellations, to get a last minute jab. Then the second is scheduled. The recent fears created by some politicians in Europe about vaccines, have made people less likely to come forward, (for any vaccine) so it may be an opportunity for us, to take a cancellation. My friend in Sweden jumped the queue today fir a cancellation- so I hope we have the same list in Belgium (where we live)

Secondly:. All this is rocket science to me, I have no idea of all this technology from drones to video editing to uploading to Utube etc etc. Well done!

This is so interesting that there is no way that..... You were..... 'droning on'. (Sorry for the pun!) Thanks so much, you can look forward to many 'thank you drinks' .. add me to your list

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 17th 2021 at 3:04 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 11:07 am
MEL & JOHN

Paul, GREAT VIDEO !! Did not realise that area was so large. Cannot wait for the work to be finished and to get there and see it. Thanks very much
Old Mar 18th 2021, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

YouTube;
Old May 5th 2021, 10:24 am
Just Joined

watkins1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the videos, great to see a project in Spain actually materialising since we 1st completed on our place in CE 15 years ago. Maybe we will eventually get a marina, waterpark and hotel but maybe not in my lifetime. Keep the videos coming, have passed the links onto other friends in the UK that have CE homes, it's definitely helping knowing that we have something new to look forward to when we get back out there, hopefully in a few months now.