Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte Thrift Stores

Ayamonte Thrift Stores

Old Jun 12th 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

RuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant future
Question Ayamonte Thrift Stores

Due to all the information on this site I've been able to easily figure out how to get there and also book my fight for the end of August. (Faro - thanks so much as I would never have considered it!)

I have lots more to research and will do so in due course. However, what I need to know now is info about the local thrift stores. An ex-pat living in Canada for the last 38 years, I have still maintained drinking tea out of a cup and saucer. I have a good collection. Right now I'm selling, downsizing and packing for a future relocation to Spain, though initially I'm just doing the final check when I come in August.

Will I find tea cups and saucers in the local thrift stores? Or shall I plan on bringing a few of my own? Obviously I don't want to ship anything other than what won't cost me an arm and a leg so I won't be bringing ovenware, kitchen dishes and the like...but I'm partial to a tea cup and saucer.

Thanks so much.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 1:53 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte Thrift Stores

Originally Posted by RuthH
Due to all the information on this site I've been able to easily figure out how to get there and also book my fight for the end of August. (Faro - thanks so much as I would never have considered it!)

I have lots more to research and will do so in due course. However, what I need to know now is info about the local thrift stores. An ex-pat living in Canada for the last 38 years, I have still maintained drinking tea out of a cup and saucer. I have a good collection. Right now I'm selling, downsizing and packing for a future relocation to Spain, though initially I'm just doing the final check when I come in August.

Will I find tea cups and saucers in the local thrift stores? Or shall I plan on bringing a few of my own? Obviously I don't want to ship anything other than what won't cost me an arm and a leg so I won't be bringing ovenware, kitchen dishes and the like...but I'm partial to a tea cup and saucer.

Thanks so much.
No Problems I think. The thrift stores or the big supermarkets (e.g Carrefour) will have these. I would also recommend VRSA and Carvela (sp) on the pedestrian part. They also have a great large shop in the industrial estate near Intermarche. (EsuriJohn introduced me to it) All kinds of kitchen stuff there, but add the VAT as its open to all but more focused on the trade.

Jon
Old Jun 13th 2018, 1:57 am
Just Joined

RuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant futureRuthH has a brilliant future

Thank you Jon. Much appreciated.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi RuthH, something that might interest you as a resident of Canada is that there is a Costco in Seville (about 1hr 15mins from Ayamonte). So if you are a member keep your card as you can use it there. Regards Bryony
Old Jun 13th 2018, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

There is a new Cash and carry on the industrial estate just off the motorway called Merci
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
There is a new Cash and carry on the industrial estate just off the motorway called Merci
The last time I went there, it was closed by the police.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:53 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
I was planning on going there on Monday. Merci for letting me know !
Jon
Old Jun 15th 2018, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
It was the NGI or MGI store that was closed by the police, and now gone completely. The cash and carry is behind and that is still going strong, was there the other day. They have lots of good bargains, same as the one as you go into Lepe. Some things are cheaper in one and some in the other, both worth a look
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:55 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by neil77
It was the NGI or MGI store that was closed by the police, and now gone completely. The cash and carry is behind and that is still going strong, was there the other day. They have lots of good bargains, same as the one as you go into Lepe. Some things are cheaper in one and some in the other, both worth a look
Merci Neil77 !! So it is open after all, I'll check it out asap. Good news!
Jon
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:33 pm
BE Positive

I went today. It is open and its called COMERCO. Open 8:30 - 21:00. Closed 14-17:00, Saturday afternoon and sunday.

Good selection there of mainly food & drink items

Jon
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Ayamonte Thrift Stores

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I went today. It is open and its called COMERCO. Open 8:30 - 21:00. Closed 14-17:00, Saturday afternoon and sunday.

Good selection there of mainly food & drink items

Jon
Nooooooo Jon, its called 'Merco' with a symbol before the name!!
Old Jun 18th 2018, 1:38 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by neil77
Nooooooo Jon, its called 'Merco' with a symbol before the name!!
Note their website name... www.comerco.es

1-0

Jon
Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought thrift stores were charity/second hand shops ? there is at least one in Ayamonte, just down from one of my favourite tapas bars Bar Cortado, Calle Padre Aine Carbonell.

Edit to add there is something else with second hand furniture and other pieces on the corner of the road leading from main shopping area past the fruit/veg/meat market on to the big Chinese shop facing the Guadiana river.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Jun 18th 2018 at 2:17 pm. Reason: Mistake and add more.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I thought thrift stores were charity/second hand shops ? there is at least one in Ayamonte, just down from one of my favourite tapas bars Bar Cortado, Calle Padre Aine Carbonell.

Edit to add there is something else with second hand furniture and other pieces on the corner of the road leading from main shopping area past the fruit/veg/meat market on to the big Chinese shop facing the Guadiana river.
The conversation moved for a while to the new cash and carry called COMERCO.
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 18th 2018 at 2:42 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I got confused with the shop above, which sold many appliances at excellent prices....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.