Reload this Page >

The Ayamonte Photograph Album

The Ayamonte Photograph Album

Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:30 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Ayamonte Photograph Album

Originally Posted by fionamw
So glad Fred said it first........however the water looks lovely.

nb there are plenty of places 'made over' that look the same so it's not just Esuri which seems to have ruined the atmosphere of what was there before....

and please note the use of the word seems. I haven't visited, I don't know. I'm just going from photographs. To use that picture, Jur, is possibly doing the place a disservice?
Not Sure what you mean by disservice. It is my humble opion that Costa Esuri, once finished, will be a great holiday and living location. And truthfully, when the project started and the only thing visible was a huge maquette in a massive shed with two showhouses I had some serious doubts.

As for Ayamonte, it´s one of the more prettier towns which is not overrun by British, German and Dutch tourist or residents but has a great mixture of various nationalities with the vast majority being Spanish. Come visit Fiona, it´s only 4 hours away! Or take a virtual tour by following this link:
http://www.turismohuelva.org/archivo.../ayamonte.html

Last edited by Jur; Jun 9th 2009 at 8:33 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Not Sure what you mean by disservice. It is my humble opion that Costa Esuri, once finished, will be a great holiday and living location. And truthfully, when the project started and the only thing visible was a huge maquette in a massive shed with two showhouses I had some serious doubts.

As for Ayamonte, it´s one of the more prettier towns which is not overrun by British, German and Dutch tourist or residents but has a great mixture of various nationalities with the vast majority being Spanish. Come visit Fiona, it´s only 4 hours away! Or take a virtual tour by following this link:
http://www.turismohuelva.org/archivo.../ayamonte.html

I agree my opinion can't be a rounded, objective one - hence the use of the word 'seems'.
I hope you didn't think I was criticising your photo - far from it. However each to their own, I prefer to live in a place as unspoiled as I can afford - which is virtually nowhere these days! I would no sooner live in a new house even near let alone on a new development than stick pins in my eyes. I recognise such places have benefits and attraction for others, though...not least the relatively low maintenance costs compared to old houses such as ours. Other than that, it really only comes down to what do developments mean for the character of the village/town, and the surrounding countryside.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:57 pm
Jur

I agree my opinion can't be a rounded, objective one - hence the use of the word 'seems'.
I hope you didn't think I was criticising your photo - far from it. However each to their own, I prefer to live in a place as unspoiled as I can afford - which is virtually nowhere these days! I would no sooner live in a new house even near let alone on a new development than stick pins in my eyes. I recognise such places have benefits and attraction for others, though...not least the relatively low maintenance costs compared to old houses such as ours. Other than that, it really only comes down to what do developments mean for the character of the village/town, and the surrounding countryside.
I fully agree........
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Paradore in a council estate

nb there are plenty of places 'made over' that look the same so it's not just Esuri which seems to have ruined the atmosphere of what was there before....

and please note the use of the word seems. I haven't visited, I don't know. I'm just going from photographs. To use that picture, Jur, is possibly doing the place a disservice?
Is there some confusion?
Fredbargate, what's the name of the urbanization in the pic below the parador?
Fionamw, if your reply referred to fred's pic, this isn't Esuri.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Is there some confusion?
Fredbargate, what's the name of the urbanization in the pic below the parador?
Fionamw, if your reply referred to fred's pic, this isn't Esuri.
Definitely not Esuri
I cannot see any name from here in the Paradore, but it's got to be Vista something. May have a look later

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jun 10th 2009 at 5:43 am.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
But that was built specifically for package holidays, they had no choice in design. ;-))
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Definitely not Esuri
I cannot see any name from here in the Paradore, but it's got to be Vista something. May have a look later

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...P6100005-1.jpg

Mirador del Guadiana (curtesy of Mrs Fred)

http://www.miraguadiana.com/en/03_residencial_01.php
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
WOW! I had no idea it was like that.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

You seem to be a bit confused. Esuri is a development a couple of kilometres outside of Ayamonte and therefore has had no direct impact on the traditional Spanish feel of the town.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
You seem to be a bit confused. Esuri is a development a couple of kilometres outside of Ayamonte and therefore has had no direct impact on the traditional Spanish feel of the town.

You're darned tooting I'm confused, not least because when I want to rofl I can't get a smiley!

I've probably made a gigantic - and foolish - assumption that the two were pretty much one because of the name of the previous thread.. (someone once told me that the word A S S U M E merely makes an ass of you and me!!! ) ......and I accept that sometimes a development a distance from somewhere doesn't directly affect the feel of the 'original'. Doesn't (nor should it) stop me having my personal prejudices against major developments, nor expressing my personal dislike of such developments! nor personally doubting the cultural wisdom of dropping a mega newbuild on the doorstep of somewhere probably centuries old with its own small scale beauty.
I don't want to perpetuate this, if I've fouled up by unwittingly making it seem critical of anyone's photos I'm sorry. I clearly got the places wrong. Stupid and sorry. The rest I've said above! Maybe I should do that 4 hour drive ......
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

On the few visitis I have had to Ayamonte it has been more than evident that the 'badly behaved brit' is alive and well there. Our visit was marred by a whole table them making so much noise, being very rude about the food and to the staff of the bar, when they moved outside their behaviour got worse !
During a conversation on another visit we were told that the behaviour of 'tourists' in the town had meant that the locals were avoiding many of the places frequented. I don't live there so can only tell what I saw and heard. I think that any development of that size near to any village HAS to make an impact on the feel of it. It was most likely built there so the residents would/could use the village for many purposes.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
On the few visitis I have had to Ayamonte it has been more than evident that the 'badly behaved brit' is alive and well there. Our visit was marred by a whole table them making so much noise, being very rude about the food and to the staff of the bar, when they moved outside their behaviour got worse !
During a conversation on another visit we were told that the behaviour of 'tourists' in the town had meant that the locals were avoiding many of the places frequented. I don't live there so can only tell what I saw and heard. I think that any development of that size near to any village HAS to make an impact on the feel of it. It was most likely built there so the residents would/could use the village for many purposes.
Sadly, that says a lot about the brit abroad behaviour as a whole on coastal resorts anywhere in Spain.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:23 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
That´s a shame really, Which bar/restaurant was that?
(mind you the locals can´t distinct English from Dutch or even German....)

Let´s get back to the original intention of this thread, Photographs!

Last edited by Jur; Jun 10th 2009 at 12:27 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Jags Place, the owner there would be able to the difference, and the 'tourist' comment included a few nationalities I think. I cannot tell portugese from eastern european languages so they are not the only ones with difficulty.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: The Ayamonte Photograph Album

Originally Posted by Jur
That´s a shame really, Which bar/restaurant was that?
(mind you the locals can´t distinct English from Dutch or even German....)

Let´s get back to the original intention of this thread, Photographs!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qzABWG-G0q...0/ayamonte.jpg

One of my favs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.