Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Reptonian
You can create, and most reputable spanish laweyrs will offer anyway, a POA which is limited to the tasks they are preforming for you. e.g. purchase of property, and so on.
Thats what we did, the solicitor just set up a POA for the purchase only. We would need another if we wanted him to be solicitor for the sale etc. We used Moron Pendas (No I haven't got shares with them either) and they were pretty efficient and explained it all carefully in English before we comitted with them.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough

To All, Just spent 3 weeks in townhouse, site looking better all the time. Will be better when the commercial centres are open with bar/restaurant facilities, although we found all the bars in Ayamonte served excellent food, mainly fish, and Gildo's (I think thats the right name) did an excellent Argentinian steak. Re previous posts, most menus very much the same, but hey, fresh fish at a reasonable price, unbeatable. Arrived with no furniture, white goods etc. but deliveries of same on time, enabling us to sleep there from day one. Found all trades extremely helpful, unpacking, doing any assembling, and taking all the packaging away! Air con installed previously, developed a slight fault, engineer came within 2 hours to correct. Very impressed. Can't wait to return. Just a few pics of area. Regards Teflon.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-010.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-012.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-013.jpg  
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

A few more....
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-014.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-015.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-022.jpg  
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

And a few more...
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-026.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-032.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-costa-esuri-2007-july-040.jpg  
Old Jul 28th 2007, 4:58 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by teflon
And a few more...
Thank you so much..these photos have cheered me up no end. It is about to start raining again here in Gloucestershire and I guess the roads will flood again!

I have exactly the same photo No 2 on my camera!!! Golf 2 now looking very good.

CSR
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:39 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CSR
Thank you so much..these photos have cheered me up no end. It is about to start raining again here in Gloucestershire and I guess the roads will flood again!

I have exactly the same photo No 2 on my camera!!! Golf 2 now looking very good.

CSR
Hey Cathy, Ive done wet today Its bloomin hot
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teflon
To All, Just spent 3 weeks in townhouse, site looking better all the time. Will be better when the commercial centres are open with bar/restaurant facilities, although we found all the bars in Ayamonte served excellent food, mainly fish, and Gildo's (I think thats the right name) did an excellent Argentinian steak. Re previous posts, most menus very much the same, but hey, fresh fish at a reasonable price, unbeatable. Arrived with no furniture, white goods etc. but deliveries of same on time, enabling us to sleep there from day one. Found all trades extremely helpful, unpacking, doing any assembling, and taking all the packaging away! Air con installed previously, developed a slight fault, engineer came within 2 hours to correct. Very impressed. Can't wait to return. Just a few pics of area. Regards Teflon.
Hello Teflon,
Thanks for the pics, looking them makes me even more impatient about going back to our home!! I am glad you already have your house complete, it is great, isn't it?. when i was reading your post i could remember the day we get our furniture, we had to slog away but it was worth it.
Regards,
marisol
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Brian & GerryAnne is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi, re the rescinding of POA. Pelayo explained to us that they can only use the original POA documents (not copies) and therefore he returned the original to us when we requested it. If we want to grant him POA in the future all we need to do is give him back the original - therefore no extra cost involved.:
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:33 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian & GerryAnne
Hi, re the rescinding of POA. Pelayo explained to us that they can only use the original POA documents (not copies) and therefore he returned the original to us when we requested it. If we want to grant him POA in the future all we need to do is give him back the original - therefore no extra cost involved.:
Sorry to change the subject but OUR WATER IS BACK ON AND THE BATH IS RUNNING WITH HOT WATER...must go I have something important to do.

CSR!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:46 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is a far better piece of advice than rescinding the PoA!! Rescinding the PoA is just as time consuming and costly as granting it in the first place.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

However, what happens to the arrangements already in place? Does a POA work differently in Spain than UK. For example, I had POA for a relative and only had to have it verified at the bank once, thereafter I had full access rights to that bank account. I was never asked for the POA again. If however, in Spain, the POA has to be shown for every new transaction then that makes taking the POA back from the solicitor very sensible.
Mike J
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

This morning GMTV gave the following advice re. avoidance of mosquito bites:
1. Eat foods rich in vitamin B, eg. marmite, vegimite;
2. Avoid use of perfume/aftershave;
3. Wear bright, patterned clothing; and
4. Avoid wearing dark, particularly electric blue (?), clothing.
Worth a try? Although an almost exhausted topic on the forum, thought details might be of interest and benefit to some.
Regards Margaret and David
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

henny is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know Sam Parkys email address, i need to contact her urgently. Please pm me. Thanks.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:38 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Send an email direct from the site - use the drop down menu when you click on her name then select the email option as opposed to PM
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
This morning GMTV gave the following advice re. avoidance of mosquito bites:
1. Eat foods rich in vitamin B, eg. marmite, vegimite;
2. Avoid use of perfume/aftershave;
3. Wear bright, patterned clothing; and
4. Avoid wearing dark, particularly electric blue (?), clothing.
Worth a try? Although an almost exhausted topic on the forum, thought details might be of interest and benefit to some.
Regards Margaret and David
Hi David & Margaret

I ate Marmite on toast for breakfast every day for the two weeks prior to going over in early June. I had no bites for the first 10 days. Hurrah it worked.Then they made a meal of me! What I had failed to do was continue with the savoury brown spread whilst over there. The effect had in fact worn off. I can vouch that Marmite does work but keep eating it until you go home.

We go out again in 4 weeks time and I've already started to take my immunity.

Graham G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.