Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Does anyone have the address of pelayo moran and the name of the English woman there who seems to be dealing with a lot of the completions. I have lost my contact details and need to send them some stuff.

thanks

paula
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by teflon
Hi All, Contracted to buy a Townhouse in July 2004. RVA 4, Manzana 5. (Have posted photo's previously of progress) Paid the stage payments, even did 1st snagging in July 2006. Had a phone call from Fadesa in October 2006 saying they wanted to complete ASAP, and would pass paperwork to local Solicitor. Since then ZILCH! Numerous e-mails unanswered, beginning to think I've dreamed the whole thing. Anybody else in the same position buying Townhouses. Marisol, have you completed yet? Would love to hear if others are having the same experience. Regards Teflon.
Hi Teflon, I've just completed on a 3 bedroom townhouse on RVA 4 Manzana 5. I must admit Fadesa were on to me on a weekly basis to go over and complete before year end, however I ended up going over 10 Jan. I've been using a local solicitor since the start. I know there all finished, as I asked when I was there. Regards Dave.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paula.davitt
Does anyone have the address of pelayo moran and the name of the English woman there who seems to be dealing with a lot of the completions. I have lost my contact details and need to send them some stuff.

thanks

paula

Hi Paula,
Annie is the English person there, and you should find contact details here http://mpsolicitors.com/dev/index.ph...g=183&lang=eng
Hope this helps, Regards Teflon
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
Hi Teflon, I've just completed on a 3 bedroom townhouse on RVA 4 Manzana 5. I must admit Fadesa were on to me on a weekly basis to go over and complete before year end, however I ended up going over 10 Jan. I've been using a local solicitor since the start. I know there all finished, as I asked when I was there. Regards Dave.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for that. I was beginning to panic as no contact between myself and/or Fadesa, Solicitor since October. Yesterday phoned solicitor (forget e-mails) and spoke to a lovely person who is now "on the case". Much happier, and looking forward to completing very shortly with a bit of luck. Regards Teflon.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sconlon
Hi all,

I'm considering becoming a member of Costa Esuri golf club and I understand that there is now an individual membership available for property owners (we are in Manzana 2, no. 40.) at 4000 euro plus the usual annual sub of 700 etc.

Aside from the benefit of this being an investment that could be sold on in the future with some capital gain, does anyone know how the fees compare to other golf clubs in the area, eg Isla Canela, Islantilla, El Rompido etc. I agree that Costa Esuri may be in a different league than some of these, especially Isla Canela, but the comparison would give some idea of the value.

Many thanks,

Seamus
Hi Seamus,

I have just joined the golf club but the fees you quote are a little out of date. The joining fee is 9000 Euros less 30% for Fadesa owners making it 6300 plus iva. Current individal maintenance fees are 700 with spouse option of 400 pa. This membership covers both courses.

The membership seems to compare very favourably with other courses in the area although the initial green fees seem to be similar.

Have you completed yet in M2? I assume you mean in Pueblo Andaluz.

JohnandCarol
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Mike,
Taking some friends across in the next few weeks, they are not taking clubs as it's a short break, is it possible to hire clubs?
Ned
Ned, I didn't see any sets in what is currently passing for the pro shop in the temporary clubhouse. They only had a few items, such as balls, caps, gloves, etc.

Mike.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi Seamus,

I have just joined the golf club but the fees you quote are a little out of date. The joining fee is 9000 Euros less 30% for Fadesa owners making it 6300 plus iva. Current individal maintenance fees are 700 with spouse option of 400 pa. This membership covers both courses.

The membership seems to compare very favourably with other courses in the area although the initial green fees seem to be similar.

Have you completed yet in M2? I assume you mean in Pueblo Andaluz.

JohnandCarol
Hi.
I think this is very expensive the course is not a top class one and never will be. Benamor charge 2,000 euros for a couple to join for a year. No extras. No joining fee. unlimited play. January - January.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all ,
We are new to the Forum. We have recently contracted for a townhouse in RVA-1, expected completion in October. Anyone in the same position ? I will be in Isla Cristina for a few days from 4th February. If anyone fancies meeting up, let me know..
George
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

rogerbilko is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave,
Thanks for that. I was beginning to panic as no contact between myself and/or Fadesa, Solicitor since October. Yesterday phoned solicitor (forget e-mails) and spoke to a lovely person who is now "on the case". Much happier, and looking forward to completing very shortly with a bit of luck. Regards Teflon.
Hi Teflon, I have just got back from Esuri. My advice to you before completion is to conduct a VERY thorough snagging. Pay attention to the wooden doors and windows, mine are very tatty, unkept because of the delays, and warped. The varnish on the doors is begining to peel off and water has clearly got under the surface. Why oh Why did Fadesa change to wood from the white metal or PVC shown at the shed? The painted walls are filthy, and I am told that Fadesa will not clean or re paint them, but at the moment you hold the higher ground, you have yet to complete. Yours may be fine but make sure that someone in the know checks them. I also have broken roof tiles and unsupported suspended ceilings that are sagging. despite these irritations, I came home thinking that in general all is well.
Esuri is coming along quite nicely, the commercial area behind M6 is taking shape and much work has been done since my last visit in April 06... but there is a very long way to go!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

GEORGE&YVONNE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sconlon
Hi all,

I'm considering becoming a member of Costa Esuri golf club and I understand that there is now an individual membership available for property owners (we are in Manzana 2, no. 40.) at 4000 euro plus the usual annual sub of 700 etc.

Aside from the benefit of this being an investment that could be sold on in the future with some capital gain, does anyone know how the fees compare to other golf clubs in the area, eg Isla Canela, Islantilla, El Rompido etc. I agree that Costa Esuri may be in a different league than some of these, especially Isla Canela, but the comparison would give some idea of the value.

Many thanks,

Seamus

Hi Seamus,
I can confirm that a single membership (Right of use for 20 years) is available for 4000 euro +7% Tax , mine was confirmed a few days ago. I will PM you with the contact details of the Sales Manager .
Regards George
Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Bamba9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi.
I think this is very expensive the course is not a top class one and never will be. Benamor charge 2,000 euros for a couple to join for a year. No extras. No joining fee. unlimited play. January - January.
Olivia, are you saying that Benamor is top class??? where you can easily drive the first 3 par 4's!! I totally disagree with your comments. Costa Esuri has all the makings of a top class venue, with its length and greens, as long as they continue to invest in it I have no doubt that it will host competitions in the future, maybe not to Euro Tour standards, but certainly satelite events.
Maybe you have this opinion because you struggled and found in too long, wait to the wind blows when it will be a real test, unlike Benamor where the winning stableford is always over 45 points, a nice holiday track for the over 60's!!

regards, Bamba9
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Sue Payne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
our son will be going to the local school in Ayamonte. We have taken lots of advice and have been assured that although we expect tears at first, he will be fine and speaking Spanish well within the first year. Children apparently take to the language easier then us older ones. We did investigate a billingual private school in Cartaya but he would have left home at 8.00 and not arrived home till after 7pm.

Sue
Hello
I am new to this forum and we are in the process of upping sticks from the dreary UK to move to Ayamonte/Villablanca.
We have a son who is nearly 4 who will be starting school in September and would appreciate any advise on which is the best school to look at and anything else that we need to know
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paula,
Annie is the English person there, and you should find contact details here http://mpsolicitors.com/dev/index.ph...g=183&lang=eng
Hope this helps, Regards Teflon
Is anyone else having difficulty making any kind of contact with MP Solicitors? I have tried emailing them on [email protected], but the message has bounced back as the address no longer accepts mail. I have tried to access the email address on the "Contacts" section of their website, but the technique recommended by Bob D in an earlier post doesn't seem to work. I have tried ringing them (just now) only to receive an answerphone message that the ofice is closed until 8th (!) Jan.

Does anyone know how you can make contact? dead letterbox by the ferry, perhaps?!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Hi

We have spoken to them on the phone today no problem.

Regards
Lynn
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:25 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue Payne
Hello
I am new to this forum and we are in the process of upping sticks from the dreary UK to move to Ayamonte/Villablanca.
We have a son who is nearly 4 who will be starting school in September and would appreciate any advise on which is the best school to look at and anything else that we need to know
Thanks in advance
Where is it? Villablanca or Ayamonte?

It makes a difference. At that age, his local school will be more than sufficient. Don't make the mistake of trying to send him off to "fancier" schools elsewhere. In terms of his overall development (i.e. not just school but adjusting to his new environment) the local school will always be the best. Primary education ais very different to UK. More emphasis is put on social,interactive skills in the first years than the times table etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.