Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Thank you for that Pete. We did indeed lunch at La Cueva.In fact, the weather was so good we had an outside table! The food was excellent, particularly the calamari and baby hake. The tortilla was not our favourite, being filled with chipped rather than diced potatoes. However, the solomillo and the wild boar were both superb. Being Rioja buffs, we were not totally enamoured with the house wine, but a recommendation from the waiter produced a very drinkable alternative.

After lunch we had coffee and paxaran at the Parador, mainly to nose around and to take in the views! On arrival at Costa Esuri we were met by the usual gorilla guarding the road leading to Manzana 3 & 4 and our plot. However, a few fluttered eyelids and quietly spoken spanish words form Claire softened his heart - he allowed us to walk up the hill provided we parked the car in the lower compound. we were very pleased with the progress which has been made since our last visit.

We hope you enjoy the following pictures.

Paul, Dawn, Claire and Neil

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
We ate at La Cueva in Ayamonte yesterday, it fronts the square by the taxi rank. Excellent! Pete
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dawn-claire-neil-our-plot.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-view-our-plot-golf-1-fairway.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-view-our-plot-golf-1-green-14.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-manz-3-4.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2-manz-3-4.jpg  

Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:34 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Hi Sam,

When are you going to do your snagging? I assume from your writing that Fadesa will do their own checks and correct obvious stuff without waiting for a snag list, e.g. the windows and tiles. Then you point out the little matters ("Where's me roof") afterwards.

Secondly, what have you done about air con - or will you move in then sort that out?

Hope you are not wearing your shutter release finger out,

Best regards

Jules
Hi Jules,

We came over in November to supposedly do our snagging. We couldnt do it then as there house was too dirty and there were still things needing doing in the house. We are going to snag it again next month.

Regards the aircon, ours may be coming over from the UK, we are not sure yet. If not we will look at prices once we have a date for completion.

We went up to Esuri yesterday hoping it would be low on security because it was Three Kings. We couldnt get up to the townhouses, but had a good look round the Andalusian Village. I have attached the photos for you, enjoy.

Sam
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0012.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0013.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0014.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0015.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0016.jpg  

Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=jono6395]
Originally Posted by Greg Holliday
Hi John and Kath,

(This is also called 'Local Loop' and here in the UK, Local loop unbundling is what the internet providers have been trying to prise off BT, so they can enable (and charge) the customer for BB without having to pay BT.) Anyway, basically its all done at the exchange, and the engineer pays a visit to your house to do the final switch on.So the question to ask is : is the Ayamonte telephone exchange BB enabled, and is Costa Esuri near enough to the exchange for it to work.Its nothing to do with Fadesa.

I had exactly this problem here in Cornwall - BB into the exchange no problem - unfortunately I live on the boundary of the range from the exchange and so I can only have access to a less fast BB connection. Took weeks to get BT to come and do the connection and then the same again to get the configuration right (to get it working) because of the distance issue.

Pretty crap really but that is the way it is.

I have friends living in Almeria - near Mojacar for the last 2 years and they still have no BB. They too are on an urbanisation with all the cabling in place.

Good luck to anyone who needs to rely on it.

Matt
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:38 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres the rest.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0017.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0019.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0020.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0021.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0022.jpg  

Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:51 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

For Sam

Another batch of pics.........thank you very much. We look forward to meeting you one day in CE to thank you persoannly and buy you a BIG drink.

All the best

Mel and John
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by sam parky
Heres the rest.
Hi Sam

Would like to thank you for all the pictures you have been sending. Its really great to see how CE is coming along and how green everything is starting to look. The blue skies really cheer us up too!

For Dave & I it will be at least 4-6 weeks before we can get out to see for ourselves and our last visit was last April.

We are buying a plot in Rue 8 surrounded by Golf 2. I just wondered if next time you are up at CE or anybody else for that matter if you would be so kind as to take some pictures of our bit of dirt and the road.

Our plot is No 17 which is on the left if you stand facing the top of the cul de sac, it is the last uniform plot shape before the wider plots at the top of road where it curves round. We would be very grateful.

We still have no idea if the plot is flat, stepped or sloping and we should be completing end of Feb.

Once again thanks for keeping us updated on the progress.

Dave & Lynn
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:39 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
For Sam

Another batch of pics.........thank you very much. We look forward to meeting you one day in CE to thank you persoannly and buy you a BIG drink.

All the best

Mel and John

ooops I can spell personally really
Old Jan 7th 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks yet again for the recent photos from PaulandDawn, and Sam!

3 questions for Sam: The fourth and last photo on each posting show paved/monoblocked roads, or are these parking bays? (I like the token tree!) Are there any tarmac-ed roads? Is this the same for Pueblo Andaluz,Townhouses, & Apartments? Thanks, Sam.

Question for Pueblo Andaluz purchasers: In photo #5 on Sam's first photo post, does anyone know about this (pueblo andaluz?) duplex design with pergola, and where is it?

Thank you!
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 7th 2006 at 2:05 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Thanks Sam for the full frontal of our apartment block (last photo of 2nd lot). It's looking good now that the parking area has been paved. I also noticed that T.V. aerials and sky dishes have been fitted.

Jean & John
Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Jean & John,

Are you sure they are "Sky" dishes. I think for our part of Spain you need at least a 1.0m dish. Difficult to tell from the angle and distance but they may be smaller like UK domestic Sky dishes to pick up the local satellite TV.

I remember reading somewhere that Isla Canela has similar problems and they had to have a community meeting to agree to upgrade the size of the dishes to receive north European Sky channels.

Just something else to ponder over a schooner of red on the patio.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by jean&john
Thanks Sam for the full frontal of our apartment block (last photo of 2nd lot). It's looking good now that the parking area has been paved. I also noticed that T.V. aerials and sky dishes have been fitted.

Jean & John
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

phantom phixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Den H
Help
Although I have been Reading this forum for some time I have never tried to post anything before. Lots of information but how do you see the pictures.(UPDATE I see that now I have registered they are displayed) My wife and I are buying a place on RVA4 Manz3 I work in London and called in the Fadesa office before Christmas and was told it would be ready end January, we are not holding our breath. Is there some way of letting me know of a good solicitor in the Ayamonte area without breaking the site rules? Superior are our agents but we cannot get any response from them, does anybody know if they still exist? Thanking you in anticipation.
Den, read my article about this superior estate agent on Costa Esuri Part 11 page 84.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Den H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phantom phixer
Den, read my article about this superior estate agent on Costa Esuri Part 11 page 84.
Many thanks for the information I have not had any dealings with them since signing up for Fadesa but I did take most of what they said with a pinch of salt. I hope all is now well with you.

Does anybody know a quick way of moving through the tread i.e page 10 to 30?

Den
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

phantom phixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Den H
Many thanks for the information I have not had any dealings with them since signing up for Fadesa but I did take most of what they said with a pinch of salt. I hope all is now well with you.

Does anybody know a quick way of moving through the tread i.e page 10 to 30?

Den
Everything is virtually ok now but it did take 3 months to get the electricity and water connected and 7 months to get the gas connected. I am still waiting for the gas test certificate to enable me to purchase the gas bottles. Does anyone out there know of a way to get gas cylinders without showing a gas test certificate, help appreciated.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

steph will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sam parky
Heres the rest.
Hi sam.
many thanks for the pictures of the Pueblo andaluz we also had a full frontal of ours we are the one on the end, do you know if the mains electricity and gas have been connected instead of the temporary generators they have been using. Hoping you are enjoying yourselves and settling well.
regards steph
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the recent pictures. First class pictures, and a first class resort being developed. Cheery thought on a cold January day!

Last edited by GerryW; Jan 8th 2006 at 9:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.